TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Now that Windseeker is officially gone from the parks lineup, it means that Knott's hasn't added any type of thrilling ride since Silver Bullet (which will be 10 years soon). If I could guess, I'd say that after the Camp Snoopy and Calico revamp, they'll have to put in something thrilling, right?

How long should it take for this to assemble once it arrives at Worlds of Fun?

Based on the timeline for Windseeker at Carowinds:

6-8 weeks for the construction and curing of the footing.

When they got the cranes setup and started assembling it, the crews took about 3 weeks to get the tower up then another 2 weeks to assemble the rest. I think they spent about 30 days testing it here.

If the park really does consider a new dark ride, I hear the old Kingdom of Dinosaurs building is still unused. If they can gut out the entire interior, another full sized dark ride can fit in that spot. No need to continue removing rides.

Windseeker spot can fit something else. I hear the park had some murals/models sitting around that were removed when Silver Bullet was built. Maybe bring those back in a new sitting/relaxation area.

- Or better yet. Parachute Jump: the Sequel

If the park really does consider a new dark ride, I hear the old Kingdom of Dinosaurs building is still unused. If they can gut out the entire interior, another full sized dark ride can fit in that spot. No need to continue removing rides.

Windseeker spot can fit something else. I hear the park had some murals/models sitting around that were removed when Silver Bullet was built. Maybe bring those back in a new sitting/relaxation area.

- Or better yet. Parachute Jump: the Sequel

A lot of that space was used the the HVAC system for Johny Rockets. The building could possibly still be used, its just smaller now, and aging.