TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^^No.

Dispatch sequence:

The operator at the tower console presses the "enable" button. This allows the operator in the dispatch booth to start the "weigh sequence"

where you'll notice the passenger cart goes up about 7-9ft and pauses. During this 4-10 second pause the PLC is calculating the weight of the riders so it knows how much air pressure will be needed. Once the PLC is done with this calculation, the screen in the dispatch booth will say "ready for dispatch" and at that time the operator presses the "start" button and the PLC does the rest.

No, its pre programmed.

I actually have never heard of any drop rid allowing the operator to do that.

I thought I remembered Detonator at Thorpe Park on a super quiet day on quite a few years back being help at the top for longer than the countdown and the ride operator dropping it before the audio hit even 2 on the countdown and saying gotcha over the tannoy, and I really thought i'd been on a similar model at carnivals that would hold people extra or drop them earlier for an extra scare.

I'll be visiting WOF next year and am both excited and nervous to hide "Steel Hawk".

Don't be nervous, it's not a thrill ride and if you build it up as one you'll be disappointed. It's a very nice ride though and it has great capacity so it will never have a long wait. Personally I love Windseekers.

I feel like I was one of the few people who really liked Windseeker a lot. It was a pretty unique ride and gave some amazing views of the area without being overly intense. The line was always short because of how ridiculously high capacity it was and it was a great ride to relax on after lunch before going back to the coasters. You got a bird's eye view of Knott's that I'm going to miss.

My guess: Knott's bought Maximum RPM from Hard Rock Park. They're currently shipping it across the states, and they'll have it up and running by summer 2014. Knott's will also have a custom audio track, theming it to the Mexican Revolution of 1910. It should fit into Windseeker's spot perfectly, and it may even weave through Jaguar and Silver Bullet.

TL;DR: It's either Maximum RPM or an Aquatrax

what

I feel like I was one of the few people who really liked Windseeker a lot. It was a pretty unique ride and gave some amazing views of the area without being overly intense. The line was always short because of how ridiculously high capacity it was and it was a great ride to relax on after lunch before going back to the coasters. You got a bird's eye view of Knott's that I'm going to miss.

You get the same view from the sky cabin.

ROFL. I was thinking it. Just didn't say it (high-five)

ROFL. I was thinking it. Just didn't say it (high-five)

Let's be honest, Sky Cabin is more exciting than a Wind Seeker Shoot Calico is more exciting than a Wind Seeker

Just bring windex.

Just bring windex.

^ With current park management the answer is no. They're more interested in becoming a "family park." I guess they think they can compete realistically with Disney down the street.

You dont know that at all... Just because they are doing improvemnets and currently focusing on family attractions doesnt mean they wont install something else that is tall and thrilling.