TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

With all that talk about wanting Knott's to put in a Zamperla air race in the spot that is going to be left by windseeker people are just Plane Crazy!

If they were to put in an air race in a great name for it would be "Plane Loco"

Also I'll add two flat models into the pot and those would be Technical Park's street fighter revolution and gerstlauer's sky roller.

Although the really cool minblowing vekoma head shaking idea would be a ride that was a mix between an air race and a skyscreamer tower ride.

Now that would be an awesome ride!

The zamperla air race could be quite fun. Looking at some of the pictures they have online, looks like they have some nice theme ideas too. I particular liked the king kong themed air race which would perfectly complement the fiesta setting

^ Glad to see it coming down. Really, Knott's needs to build better quality stuff and closer to the friggin ground.

Well, Windseeker was a pretty high quality swing ride. It's much better than the swings that a few of the Six Flags parks have put up to compete with the Windseekers. Chains and spinning fast just isn't the way it should be done.

^Although that's damn cool, Wipeout is still running some wicked ride cycles and it's got more capacity than the Freestyle from what I can tell.

Funny thing is, KBF runs Wipeout on the "short cycle." It also has a "long cycle" where it will stop and reverse direction mid-cycle. Too much guest discomfort and stress on the ride's hydraulic system caused the park to use the short cycle only. Operators are not allowed to run it on "long cycle."

Edited by DJeXeL

^Although that's damn cool, Wipeout is still running some wicked ride cycles and it's got more capacity than the Freestyle from what I can tell.

Funny thing is, KBF runs Wipeout on the "short cycle." It also has a "long cycle" where it will stop and reverse direction mid-cycle. Too much guest discomfort caused the park to use the short cycle only. Operators are not allowed to run it on "long cycle."

Holy crap. I can handle just about anything flat rides can dish out, but I think the long cycle would be a step too far for me. The wipeouts at Knott's and WOF are two of those rare rides that I am actually ready for the cycle to be over.

Supreme only has 1 program however when it 1st opened in '98, the "bounce" after the 1st drop would send you about 3/4 of the way back up the tower but that was reduced to about 1/2 way up to reduce the cycle time and increase capacity.