TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ I agree. KBF is due for a high thrill ride. It does not have to be a Roller Coaster (though that would be nice). I still feel a Max Air would be spectacular in Windseekers location.

It would--except for the fact that there is a Chance version of the ride about 100 yards away. But then again, Leviathan.....

^ I agree. KBF is due for a high thrill ride. It does not have to be a Roller Coaster (though that would be nice). I still feel a Max Air would be spectacular in Windseekers location.

While another Huss flat would be great, the Chance Revolution two doors down seems sufficient for now. Besides, there really isn't enough room for something that big unless they were willing to extend over the lake, which I can't see Knott's doing.

My money's not on another restaurant (knott's has tons already), but maybe a medium-high thrill flat something along the lines of an Air Race. I for one would love to see that.

And while we're wishing for gold I might as well say that I really want Knott's Boomerang to be replaced with a giant ferris wheel.

^ Agreed. With some Mexican theming it could be quite successful. And with Cedar Fair buying from Zamperla this year with Cedar Point and Valleyfair's Diskos, I wouldn't be surprised if they purchased an Air Race or two for Knott's and maybe another park in need of a new thrill ride.

I'd definitely be all for a couple Air Race's coming into the Cedar Fair chain. If KBF got one, which would be fitting in very nicely, the other park could be CGA. But that's just me dreaming for CGA, I would definitely love one here in the Bay Area.

While another Huss flat would be great, the Chance Revolution two doors down seems sufficient for now. Besides, there really isn't enough room for something that big unless they were willing to extend over the lake, which I can't see Knott's doing.

My money's not on another restaurant (knott's has tons already), but maybe a medium-high thrill flat something along the lines of an Air Race. I for one would love to see that.

And while we're wishing for gold I might as well say that I really want Knott's Boomerang to be replaced with a giant ferris wheel.

Ah, I see. I did not know they had a Revolution. I have not been to KBF since 2005, and I'm not a Flat Ride fan so I dont know a lot about that department.

One of those Twist 'N Splash attractions wouldn't be that bad of an idea on the Windseeker location.

A new restaurant sounds likely but I'm not sure about another BBQ.

My BBQ comment was more meant as a joke, check out what Windseeker replaced.

So I did a quick check on Google Satellite and it looks like the Windseeker's going to leave an empty space about 80'x90'.

According to Zamperla's website the Air Race is only 75'x75' so that's not out of the question. If it is a roller coaster, it would have to be something REALLY damn small like an E&F Miler Kiddie, which IMO doesn't have any reason to exist with a Tivoli next door.

Just throwing it out there for reference, and by the way, I guarantee nothing is going to happen here for another couple years.

Also. Hoh man that revamped log ride is fantastic. What company did that?

kbfextraspace.png.a0cdd019f4f80b2ca02b626fe4f0ab6f.png

^Windseeker won't be replaced by a coaster; I'd be willing to bet it won't. The space is just too small and Knott's has a coaster surplus at the moment anyway, so it would be fairly pointless. Personally, I'd like to see a medium/high intensity flat ride replace Windseeker (Air Race, Top Scan, Disk'O Coaster, etc.) but I've got a feeling it will be little more than picnic tables and benches in the immediate future.

^Canada's Wonderland has Shockwave, although it was installed before Cedar Fair purchased the park. I rode it multiple times on my visit to Canada's Wonderland a couple years ago and it was probably my favorite flat in the park (and that park has a lot of good flats). The only reason I think it would be a good fit for Knott's is because there really isn't anything else like it around (I believe there are only a couple in North America). I do think it is a bit of a stretch to think one would be installed, but I think it would be a real winner if one was.

50 bucks says that Knotts has officially retired WIND from any future ride names

If they were going to reopen Windseeker it probably would have been a good idea for Knotts to change the name to Seeker, like how they renamed Windjammer to Jammer. LOL

Shame about WindSeeker, I would have definitely given it a whirl when we visited back in August (of course it was closed). What was the ride experience like in terms of the view up there? (Not just LA smog, right?)

I'm sure it will have a very welcome home at Worlds of Fun.

^I rode it during Haunt in 2011, and it gave a pretty nice ride. Views were about on par with what you see at the top of Supreme Scream, but at least you had more time at the top than the latter to enjoy it.

It was kinda neat, but nothing to write home about.

^Windseeker won't be replaced by a coaster; I'd be willing to bet it won't. The space is just too small and Knott's has a coaster surplus at the moment anyway, so it would be fairly pointless. Personally, I'd like to see a medium/high intensity flat ride replace Windseeker (Air Race, Top Scan, Disk'O Coaster, etc.) but I've got a feeling it will be little more than picnic tables and benches in the immediate future.

Hopefully Windseeker will be replaced by an Air Race and not by a Wonderful Pistachio Park like another park to the north.