TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

New rides in Camp Snoopy? I always thought a dark ride would be nice in the old playhouse area. I'm so glad Knott's didn't get a new coaster. They are going in the right direction!

I agree with this. They need to go back to their charm and improve on it. Having a big giant coaster-that-shall-not-be-named-on-this thread would ruin it.

I would love to see a Peanuts dark ride of some sort, but if they were doing it, wouldn't Garner Holt have announced already? Maybe sometime down the road.

I really hope that part of the Camp Snoopy overhaul includes bringing back the bridges and what not that were connected to the cave area. Running around that area was one of my favorite things as a kid.

I really hope that part of the Camp Snoopy overhaul includes bringing back the bridges and what not that were connected to the cave area. Running around that area was one of my favorite things as a kid.

I would really like to see this happen.

EDIT: This excerpt from the announcement makes this more hopeful:

Camp Snoopy, home of the beloved PEANUTS Gang, has welcomed the young and the young at heart since its grand opening on July 1, 1983. In honor of the land’s 30th anniversary, the High Sierra mountains camp theming will be enhanced throughout. Thirty years ago the five-acre nature wonderland was created by the Knott family to be a carefree place where nature, adventure and imagination come to life, and in 2014 it will undergo a number of exciting updates including new rides and restoration of the entire area with the original inspiration in mind.

Awesome additions, kinda glad KBF didn't add a coaster and IMO is heading in the absolute right direction. I'm mostly excited for the Calico Mine Ride refurb, as the TMLR refurb was amazing and is probably my favorite ride at Knott's. Hopefully Calico Mine Ride can be up there as well with this refurb taking place. Also interested to see how the improvements will take place in Camp Snoopy and exactly what new rides are coming. Very excited!

I was telling my kid that I thought there used to be more bridges

There was a whole second level that connected to the playhouse. It was awesome for kids!

Indeed! Some of my favorite memories as a young kid when my mother worked at Knott's was playing on the bridges and in the play house. That and Kingdom of the Dinosaurs of course .

Well, the things we're describing are long gone, lol. Though the park is headed back in the right direction, its got a ways to go.

I know that. That's why I am saying that I hope that returns as part of the rehab.

THIS! That was an amazing play area.

Yeah, I was under the wrong impression that more of the character had been restored to KBF when in fact it sounds like it is the same as many other CF parks and has only just begun to start getting some of that back. Coaster Freak 11 got me straightened out.

If kbf didnt ever get a major coaster for the next 5 years and just continued improving what they had, I dont think I would complain. Of course I wouldnt be upset if the right kind of coaster came, either.

The only disappointment with this announcement is I guess we'll have to eait on any serious GR refurb

Speaking of park improvements, are they still playing 80's and 90's music in Fiesta Village?

It's a mix bag really, It'll go from stuff like

to
. Ironically, they actually played Mariachi music during haunt before the DJ got there which was funny because it actually fit the area. But yeah in general it's pretty outdated stuff/not popular nowadays.

Speaking of park improvements, are they still playing 80's and 90's music in Fiesta Village?

to
. Ironically, they actually played Mariachi music during haunt before the DJ got there which was funny because it actually fit the area. But yeah in general it's pretty outdated stuff/not popular nowadays.

LOL the music they play there is kind of cheesy but I guess it's more up beat than mariachi. I remember last summer they were playing One Direction

to

LOL the music they play there is kind of cheesy but I guess it's more up beat than mariachi. I remember last summer they were playing One Direction

Yeah every once in a while a pop song will come on, but it's usually the former as I mentioned. Luckily I work mostly at Ghostrider now so I just listen to The Good the Bad and The Ugly Themes and folk variations of classic rock songs .