TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

If Ghostrider did get a topper track hopefully it wouldn't be too smooth because smooth coasters don't sometimes feel that fast

I'd rather have GhostRider being as smooth as a baby's bottom than its current state. Plus, I've been on many smooth coasters that feel fast such as Goliath (SFMM).

If Ghostrider did get a topper track hopefully it wouldn't be too smooth because smooth coasters don't sometimes feel that fast

I'd rather have GhostRider being as smooth as a baby's bottom than its current state. Plus, I've been on many smooth coasters that feel fast such as Goliath (SFMM).

I would rather have a smooth GhostRider too. I wouldn't mind if it doesn't get a topper track , Ghostrider never really gives me a terribly beating, its mostly just a bruise

LOL, what happened to all the people saying that it was Rocky Mountain treatment or bust and that topper track wouldn't cut it?

Anyways, I agree, I'll gladly take the topper track since it's better than nothing.

Wrong SoCal park.

LOL, what happened to all the people saying that it was Rocky Mountain treatment or bust and that topper track wouldn't cut it?

Anyways, I agree, I'll gladly take the topper track since it's better than nothing.

They'd do the same thing…make the ride good again!

They'd do the same thing…make the ride good again!

I'll be down at Knott's way more when that happens.

Wrong SoCal park.

Exactly; I think people are starting to have that mentality with Knott's, myself included. They haven't really done anything negative, but maybe everyone is just looking for a little bit more from them... Knott's, If you're not going to give us a big coaster, at least fix up Ghostrider.

I didn't notice this posted here so please let me know if I overlooked it.

We'll be at Knott's in late December for our west coast trip. I had planned on using our Club TPR discount for our tickets. However I came across this recently on the Knott's site regarding Military Tribute Days that includes veterans and not just active and retired military:

Knott's Berry Farm pays tribute to U.S. veterans, retired and current military personnel with free park admission during its Veteran’s celebration November 4, 2013 through January 5, 2014. This offer is valid to all past and present armed forces personnel and one guest. Six additional tickets may be purchased at a discounted rate of $22 each from November 4-27 and for $27 from November 28-January 5.

https://www.knotts.com/what-s-new/promotions

I didn't notice this posted here so please let me know if I overlooked it.

We'll be at Knott's in late December for our west coast trip. I had planned on using our Club TPR discount for our tickets. However I came across this recently on the Knott's site regarding Military Tribute Days that includes veterans and not just active and retired military:

Knott's Berry Farm pays tribute to U.S. veterans, retired and current military personnel with free park admission during its Veteran’s celebration November 4, 2013 through January 5, 2014. This offer is valid to all past and present armed forces personnel and one guest. Six additional tickets may be purchased at a discounted rate of $22 each from November 4-27 and for $27 from November 28-January 5.

https://www.knotts.com/what-s-new/promotions

This is accurate. We will also be offering the same deal for Fire/Police personnel beginning Thanksgiving Day and going until January 31st.

Does anyone know what Cedar Fairs 2014 budget is? If I were to guess I'd think $60 million (both for CP and Six Flags). If it is I got to think Knotts may be getting something decent for 2014. They announced Silver Bullet in Dec of 03, so their 2014 attraction could open at the end of next year (with the announcement this December).

The only coaster for a CF park so far is Banshee at KI and all the parks have announced their 2014 plans (except Knotts). We know KI project is $24 million, I'd guess CP/Valley fairs kid project is maybe 8 million combined, Dorney Parks new water slide maybe $1 million, moving Windseeker to WOF maybe $3 million (who knows maybe CF made Mondial pay for it), Canadas Wonderlands 4D attraction maybe $10 million, and they probably have $2-$3 million set aside for tidying up their parks. With all that added up that still leaves Knotts with $12 million (given CF has $60 million for the year) or $15 million if Mondial pays for the mover of Windseeker. Granted $15 million won't get them a world class coaster, that would still be enough for both the revamp of Calico Mine Ride (if they do that) and a decent size coaster like a Eurofighter or maybe a RMC conversion on Ghostrider. I think we may see a decent coaster for 2014 for several reasons: there may be enough money set for it, and if so CF only has one coaster for the 2014 season and Knotts is do for one.

Does anyone know what Cedar Fairs 2014 budget is? If I were to guess I'd think $60 million (both for CP and Six Flags). If it is I got to think Knotts may be getting something decent for 2014. They announced Silver Bullet in Dec of 03, so their 2014 attraction could open at the end of next year (with the announcement this December).

The only coaster for a CF park so far is Banshee at KI and all the parks have announced their 2014 plans (except Knotts). We know KI project is $24 million, I'd guess CP/Valley fairs kid project is maybe 8 million combined, Dorney Parks new water slide maybe $1 million, moving Windseeker to WOF maybe $3 million (who knows maybe CF made Mondial pay for it), Canadas Wonderlands 4D attraction maybe $10 million, and they probably have $2-$3 million set aside for tidying up their parks. With all that added up that still leaves Knotts with $12 million (given CF has $60 million for the year) or $15 million if Mondial pays for the mover of Windseeker. Granted $15 million won't get them a world class coaster, that would still be enough for both the revamp of Calico Mine Ride (if they do that) and a decent size coaster like a Eurofighter or maybe a RMC conversion on Ghostrider. I think we may see a decent coaster for 2014 for several reasons: there may be enough money set for it, and if so CF only has one coaster for the 2014 season and Knotts is do for one.

The Calico Mineride is going down the first of the year without any reason stated why, so I would suspect that would be a huge flag along with the rumors. Of course it's not 100% until they announce it, but it seems highly likely at this point.

I really hope 2014 brings revamped calico (looking likely) and Ghostrider topper track with slight reprofiling in certain areas. Don't want an iron horse for sure but seeing what can be done with topper track with outlaw run I could see rmc adding a couple of overbanked turns which would be awesome.

I think CF's budget should be close to $99,000,000 this year. Nine percent of revenue goes into capital improvements. Revenue was projected to be near $1,100,000,000 this year.

You're right, we know Valleyfair and Ceadar Point's projects are certainly under $5,000,000 each.

Banshee is slated for $25,000,000

That's $35,000,000 as of now. Again, say each park receives an additional. $3,000,000 for capital improvements. That's. $71,000,000. Do keep in mind, Kings Dominion is announcing their 40th anniversary later today, so we'll see if that includes anything substantial.

Obviously there are more expenses to come.

I think it looks good for Knott's. I mean we know what Dorney, WOF, VF, CGA, CW, KI, Carowinds, MiA and CP are or aren't getting. Unless a major coaster is coming to KD (I doubt it, but we should know for sure later today), I'd say the chances are good that Knott's may be in the running for something good.

The only thing hurting Knott's chances are the recent addition of the new stuff on the Boardwalk.... Just sayin'

Not super familiar with the park, but how much space would the removal of the Mine Ride free up?

^It wouldn't surprise me if the Mine Train received a big refresh/refurb--like the log ride.

Same here, it seems like it is one of those "worst kept secrets" like Despicable Me (USH) before USH announced it.

I still think the worst kept industry secret in recent years is the whole Harry Potter expansion at Universal Studios Orlando. I mean, some of us were discussing how the train between the two parks was going to work even BEFORE Jaws closed!

^It wouldn't surprise me if the Mine Train received a big refresh/refurb--like the log ride.

Same here, it seems like it is one of those "worst kept secrets" like Despicable Me (USH) before USH announced it.

LOL Yeah IDK WHY KNOTTS IS STILL KEEPING THIS A SECRET WHEN ITS CLEARLY OBVIOUS

No need to shout, young feller.

LOL Yeah IDK WHY KNOTTS IS STILL KEEPING THIS A SECRET WHEN ITS CLEARLY OBVIOUS

No need to shout, young feller.

Sorry I do this weird thing where I switch from caps lock on to caps lock off