TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

An interesting thing I came across at knotts.com:

missions.PNG.f662aff7518862c8758f957732ccf917.PNG

https://www.knotts.com/what-s-new/events

I have seen them building a mission (I believe it was San Juan Bautista) in Ghost Town, but I had no idea that they are restoring/recreating this many.

Hopefully, when they are finished with this, they'll display them permanently in the former El Camino pathway next to Silver Bullet's lift hill.

I have seen them building a mission (I believe it was San Juan Bautista) in Ghost Town, but I had no idea that they are restoring/recreating this many.

Hopefully, when they are finished with this, they'll display them permanently in the former El Camino pathway next to Silver Bullet's lift hill.

I remember that old mission display from when I was a kid. It's nice to see that they're restoring them.

This makes me really happy that they're doing this sort of thing and actually expending effort towards restoring the quirky little things that really add to the parks charm.

Maybe that's where their budget for bathroom maintenance went...

Love that KBF is trying to bring the charm back. Now they just need to get the operational and guest service side of things back on track...

Wow. Park is packed and no line at monte!!!!

I've never seen Monte have a large line. I think the longest I ever saw it was during haunt 3 or 4 years ago…and it only went down the station ramp.

Wow. Park is packed and no line at monte!!!!

I've never seen Monte have a large line. I think the longest I ever saw it was during haunt 3 or 4 years ago…and it only went down the station ramp.

It was running great too.

Had a fantastic time at Knotts yesterday (and I did see the offending restrooms, but, no ones perfect and that park looked great. Very clean!!!). Only down side. I rode Ghostrider and Owwww. I love the layout but my body just can't take that kind of punishment. I don't think there is much that can be done without a retrack from RMC. so until then, it's officially off my ride list. Younger folks will probably have no problem with it. And I will say it was running great. Just the lateral jarring was too much for my back.

As usual, everyone was very nice at the park, I'll be back in two months Unless my kid wins me over with her begging

(and I did see the offending restrooms, but, no ones perfect and that park looked great. Very clean!!!).

The phrase "beauty is only skin deep" applies here. It's nice that they are phasing out the plastic trash cans and keeping the park clean, but that is one HUGE element for anyone to overlook when it comes to park cleanliness.

And I will say it was running great. Just the lateral jarring was too much for my back.

So it wasn't running great?

(and I did see the offending restrooms, but, no ones perfect and that park looked great. Very clean!!!).

The phrase "beauty is only skin deep" applies here. It's nice that they are phasing out the plastic trash cans and keeping the park clean, but that is one HUGE element for anyone to overlook when it comes to park cleanliness.

And I will say it was running great. Just the lateral jarring was too much for my back.

So it wasn't running great?

sorry, typing on my phone causes me to shorten things.... LOL bad habit... as in, it's running a lot better than the last time I rode it... but, i'm 40, and my back just can't take that kind of jarring anymore... (better?)

I rode last month in the back and think ghostrider is beyond hope without replacing the entire track with topper track. If they did that and kept what is probably a great layout, it could easily be a world class ride again. As it stands it is off of my knots to do list.

I rode last month in the back and think ghostrider is beyond hope without replacing the entire track with topper track. If they did that and kept what is probably a great layout, it could easily be a world class ride again. As it stands it is off of my knots to do list.

I'm with you. I think it should look the same. So I don't want a conversion. Just topper track!!!

Topper track, new trains, and I'd take some higher banking in some of the curves.

Nah. How about unbanking a little to give it more lateral g's. Make yah feel like your gonna come out of the ride. Just smoother with topper track

If they did put topper track on the ride, it would be nice if they did the whole attraction. Tremors you could definitely notice the parts that had topper and which didn't. While the parts without weren't overly rough, there was a noticeable difference.