TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^Thanks for the scoop. I was never a fan of Slaughterhouse personally, and the other 2 weren't faves, so cool.

I'll be at the farm Friday and Saturday, yay!

Awesome! I'll be at ghost for haunt both days. Hopefully Monte will be back up for you.

I did. Mazes were great as usual except for mirror mirror which I hope is just a one year experiment and not something that they will bring back again in the future.

I disagree. Aside from the low capacity, that was one of my favorites. I hope they expand upon the concept, with a higher capacity and more monsters.

^Thanks for the scoop. I was never a fan of Slaughterhouse personally, and the other 2 weren't faves, so cool.

I'll be at the farm Friday and Saturday, yay!

Awesome! I'll be at ghost for haunt both days. Hopefully Monte will be back up for you.

I've been on Monte before, so it's no stress. I won't ride it anyway if there's any kind of line. I'll probably give Ghostrider (front row only) a few rides after I get out of the boo-fet so I might see you there.

On Tuesday at work, we were running Ghost Rider with the MCBR on half power, so you would coast through it at decent speed instead of coming to a complete stop. Rode front seat and the ride is actually running quite well. However, we had problems later in the day with one of the proxy switches and went down the rest of the day. Not sure if the faster speed in the second half had anything to do with it, but hopefully they decide to keep the block set as is because it made the second half a lot more enjoyable. I work again tomorrow so I'll update on the current situation when I get back.

Get Ghosty cranking for me around 6pm on Friday and Saturday night, much appreciated LOL.

Haha, good news is we just got Silver Train back from the rehab shop so it'll be switched out with Copper that desperately needs it. So Silver and Gold will be running and Gold has been running well.

Silver Train is now in rotation, which is good and bad. Good news is the ride is running great and it's actually pretty re ride able right now. Bad news is the new lap bars and restraints still need to be broken in so they get stuck a lot which is annoying as an operator haha. Also, the MCBR is back to full stop so I guess that experiment on Tuesday was a bust . Also, Monte is back up.

Rode Ghostrider last night, front row was not bad. Scary Farm Boo-fet faux ERT was a little shorter because they were putting on a second train.

Overall Scary Farm was excellent. Got to meet Elvira and get my photo with her. I found her quite chatty and friendly, she comes to Australia a lot. Gunslingers Grave was the standout for me, great energy in the maze, especially early on.

I strongly recommend going to the Black Magic skeleton key room early, and also Gunslinger's Grave - they were the 2 standout skeleton key rooms for me. Though the girl who performed in the End Games room when we were there was exceptional.

Trapped was an "interesting" experience, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't done it yet.

Rode Ghostrider last night, front row was not bad. Scary Farm Boo-fet faux ERT was a little shorter because they were putting on a second train.

Overall Scary Farm was excellent. Got to meet Elvira and get my photo with her. I found her quite chatty and friendly, she comes to Australia a lot. Gunslingers Grave was the standout for me, great energy in the maze, especially early on.

I strongly recommend going to the Black Magic skeleton key room early, and also Gunslinger's Grave - they were the 2 standout skeleton key rooms for me. Though the girl who performed in the End Games room when we were there was exceptional.

Trapped was an "interesting" experience, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't done it yet.

Glad you had a good night! Sorry about ERT being cut short, I was at guest greet when i came in at 6, but usually it takes a few extra minutes to get the second train on because they only run one during the day. We have to get maintenance to do it for us, then we have to do our opening tests with test rider and such as well so it takes a few minutes.

^No worries, we were happy, and will be back tonight. The silver train looked rather spiffy, didn't get to ride it this time.

Xcelerator was really cranking as well.

Haha yeah the Silver Train just got out of rehab so brand new seatbelts/restraints. Can be quite annoying though because they get stuck much easier. I'll be starting at 6 so if you see me feel free to say hi .

^For sure, we'll be making a bee-line for GR as soon as we're done with the Boo-fet. Damn, that line was so huge for Ghosty last night once Haunt started, 2 hours in my estimation? We walked by on the way to the mazes out back and went "damn".

^For sure, we'll be making a bee-line for GR as soon as we're done with the Boo-fet. Damn, that line was so huge for Ghosty last night once Haunt started, 2 hours in my estimation? We walked by on the way to the mazes out back and went "damn".

Yeah thats about right, I was guest greeter a few times and it was holding steady at about an hour and 45 minutes the whole night. It's always funny to see peoples reactions when they ask how long the line is.

A few notes from my visit in the daytime hours yesterday:

--Montezooma is running great! The back seat left me more dizzy than insane spinning on Hat Dance and that's a good thing!

--The Haunt overlay of the Mine Ride was operating in the daytime hours and I thought it was well done. The (don't want to spoil it) in the lake room was very surprising. (Heck, I think the fog in the lake room should be something permanent, it's much nicer than staring at a room with a still lake.)

--GhostRider is a little bit smoother than usual, at least I didn't get a headache on it like I usually do.

--Johnny Rocket's is such a good price and tastes so good (yet I'm not a fan of Johnny Rocket's). Plus, you can't beat the great view of the Boardwalk.

--It's nice to see Wheeler Dealer open in October

--If you're a passholder at Knott's and you have never been to the Pony Express Outpost, check it out! It's open rarely as it's only open when the one staffed employee is there and it is filled with all these oddball things like toads, shark eyeballs (that you can touch), etc.

--I'm still confused on whether or not you can snap on Surfside Gliders. You can't "jerk" the flyers yet the management at WCB said you can snap the flyers.

--What the hell is wrong with Magic Mountain? Seriously, Magic Mountain made me miserable before I even walked inside the gates and Knott's made me have a really good time before walking in the gates. (Man, those good-priced cookies in the Farm Bakery are so good.)

--Knott's is so awesome that I renewed my pass during my park visit. Yay for free entry until December 2014!

I agree 100 percent. I love the collection of rides at six flags. But the overall experience at Knotts is so much better. I bought a season pass for 2014 already. I've been once and I'm going again November 9th. (Before the full benefits of the pass kick in, and I live in Las Vegas)

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't have a good time at the mountain. I do. It's just that Knotts makes me feel like I'm thanked for coming, and it makes me want to go again and again

I disagree about this. They are crappy bumper cars to begin with, so the space is MUCH better utilized as a Haunt maze in October IMO.

Rode Ghostrider in places other than the front row, didn't die, has been worse. I used to feel my back spasm when it was really bad, and the only thing I'd be thinking was please make it stop.

The Hanging was really sharp this year, enjoyed it. I've got mixed feelings about Mirror Mirror, it was interesting, but I didn't mind if I didn't do it again. I guess it's a real change up from a typical haunt maze.

I disagree about this. They are crappy bumper cars to begin with, so the space is MUCH better utilized as a Haunt maze in October IMO.

I was just SO SHOCKED to see that it wasn't a maze this year...first time I've seen that since I can remember.