TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^^Also where you come out of the buffet is roped off from non-buffet guests up to just past the Ghostrider entrance, and Ghostrider has been open the last few years while the buffet is on, so you can get some faux ERT with no wait. I always go for the earliest boo-fet at 5pm (doing that again this year) so I can maximise my Ghostrider rides before they drop the rope. It's good value considering how huge the line is for Ghostrider during haunt.

Why would you want to maximize your rides on Ghostrider????????????

^Depends on whether you have a Fright Lane (mazes only) or not. If not: Mirror Mirror sounds like it gets the worst lines due to limited capacity and Black Magic gets clogged because it has a show mid-way through the maze. With Fright Lane: hit the big coasters (especially Xcelerator) and log flume early if you want to do some rides.

If you want to do some shows, Elvira only has two shows a night, and from the video I saw, it looked pretty packed.

The Boo-fet food wasn't bad last year: Mrs Knott's chicken, lots of meat, salad stuff, pasta, deserts, sodas & a souvineer cup. I can see if I have photos from last year when I get home from work to give you an idea.

Edited by downunder

Definitely do Mirror Mirror first if you don't have Fright Lane, although I would not wait over 30 mins for it honestly. It's a gimmick maze and doesn't offer much beyond the novelty of it being an actual maze. It's small and takes very little time to complete. I'd probably work somewhat counter clockwise around the mazes from there, ending with the backstage area behind Ghostrider with the four mazes.

Haunt on Thursdays is manageable w/ Light to medium crowds. You shouldn't need Fastlane/Fright lane at all and you'll still be able to do all major attractions plus Haunt mazes. I would suggest getting to Mirror, Mirror first as it is a low capacity maze and even with light crowds will still have a 30-45 minute wait. Thursdays and Sundays are the best days to go to Haunt.

Hey, thanks a lot for the info, it should save me a little money.

^^Also where you come out of the buffet is roped off from non-buffet guests up to just past the Ghostrider entrance, and Ghostrider has been open the last few years while the buffet is on, so you can get some faux ERT with no wait. I always go for the earliest boo-fet at 5pm (doing that again this year) so I can maximise my Ghostrider rides before they drop the rope. It's good value considering how huge the line is for Ghostrider during haunt.

Why would you want to maximize your rides on Ghostrider????????????

I heard several people talk about how smooth it was running when we were attending the MiceChat Knotts Scary meet up. I didn't want to chance a ride, throwing out my back, and ruining my night. I want whatever they're smoking.

Call me crazy, but when I rode Ghostrider this past summer, I really enjoyed it! I actually found it a little less rough than The Voyage (which is my favorite wood coaster). Also I rode in the back seat. I really thought I was going to throw my spine out when getting in the car, but I still enjoyed it! It ended up being my 3rd favorite at the park behind Xcelerator and Monte. Now, with the trims on at full, I could tell the 2nd half used to be way better, but I was just happy I came out in one piece!

"Well the ride didn't murder me so it's okay!" is not a ringing endorsement.

Yes, you could say the same thing about Hannibal Lechter: "Nice guy. At least he didn't kill me."

I still think riding Ghostrider is the scariest thing to do at Haunt! Glad to hear the positive reviews for Haunt this year. For those who have gone through Mirror Mirror, do you think it would be worth it for them to keep it next year and make it a lot larger and better?

^The worst part is the line is huge during haunt, even on relatively quiet nights. All those misled people who could have been enjoying actual haunt stuff spend a good chunk of their time in the line. What do they get for the wait: all (bar the front row) will be experiencing more pain than the middle person in the human centipede.

Edited by downunder

While we're on the topic of Ghost Rider, after two months of conflicts and frustrations, I'm finally learning a new ride! What is that ride you ask? You guessed it, Ghostrider! Haha. I get the chance to operate it after riding it for so many years and seeing it get rougher and rougher. While it wasn't one of my top choices (Xcel,Monte, Mineride/Logride) I'm excited to finally learn a coaster after 4 months on the Fiesta Flats. Lucky for me I get to learn to operate it during Haunt so we'll be plenty busy, wish me luck I start next Tuesday .

^Hello, Crazy.

Nice to meet you, sir!

I guess I have a really high tolerance for rough coasters, but I seriously did like it. The only really rough part that stuck out to me was the helix at the end that had some really weird jackhammering action. There might have been fresh trackwork done on the ride as well, but I'm not really sure.

While we're on the topic of Ghost Rider, after two months of conflicts and frustrations, I'm finally learning a new ride! What is that ride you ask? You guessed it, Ghostrider! Haha. I get the chance to operate it after riding it for so many years and seeing it get rougher and rougher. While it wasn't one of my top choices (Xcel,Monte, Mineride/Logride) I'm excited to finally learn a coaster after 4 months on the Fiesta Flats. Lucky for me I get to learn to operate it during Haunt so we'll be plenty busy, wish me luck I start next Tuesday .

Good luck, I hope you know first aid LOL. I'll probably ride it after the buffet and before haunts opens, so if you can turn off the mid-course brake for a bit and hold the front row for me. Seriously, hope you have fun.

I presume you get a new Ghostrider western outfit for the new job?

Edited by downunder

You better hope your not the one who has to do test riding!

Good luck, I hope you know first aid LOL. I'll probably ride it after the buffet and before haunts opens, so if you can turn off the mid-course brake for a bit and hold the front row for me. Seriously, hope you have fun.

I presume you get a new Ghostrider western outfit for the new job?

Haha I'll try and yeah I'll be getting the ghost town uniform, but during Haunt we just wear our Haunt shirts so I won't get to wear it for a while.