TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

what ever they put in windstinkers spot it should b good the gm knows whats good for the park hope its a good something he puts there and me and a friend r going to scary farm next thursday i think this yr is one of the best i will b going to

Someone needs a grammar lesson.

Anyway, I don't think a coaster is going in windseeker's old spot. Maybe a Zamperla Air Race?

Someone needs a grammar lesson.

Anyway, I don't think a coaster is going in windseeker's old spot. Maybe a Zamperla Air Race?

^You are pointing out someone else's bad posts?!? Irony. Please do not backseat moderate. Thank you.

what ever they put in windstinkers spot it should b good the gm knows whats good for the park hope its a good something he puts there and me and a friend r going to scary farm next thursday i think this yr is one of the best i will b going to

Before you continue to post on this forum, please review the site's TOS. Especially the following rule:

9. Spelling and Grammar - bad spelling and grammar will NOT be tolerated! Theme Park Review's forum includes a spell checker and there is a great one available with Google's Toolbar. If we have to edit too many of your posts, you may be suspended from the forum. Text Message shorthand or "l77t" speak is not allowed. A typo here and there is acceptable, but illegible posts are not.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137

Posts like the one above will not be tolerated on this forum and could lead to your account being suspended or banned.

Edited by ernierocker

Jaguar isn't going anywhere and neither is the carousel.

the hat dance needs to be upgraded, revolution needs to go bring back that one they had before that forgot the name it was fun, the air race looks sweet just watched it on youtube that be good for windstinker spot haha

Wasn't it call "The Grand Slammer" or something like that? It WAS a fun ride

Jaguar isn't going anywhere and neither is the carousel.

the hat dance needs to be upgraded, revolution needs to go bring back that one they had before that forgot the name it was fun, the air race looks sweet just watched it on youtube that be good for windstinker spot haha

He could be referring to Tampico Tumbler, which (at least to me) was also fun. Don't know if Zierer still makes the Hexentanz model or not, or if it was even a reliable ride.

Yep, it was Gran Slammer! That was one of my favorite flats! The area where La Revolucion is now was once occupied by Gran Slammer and Tampico Tumbler.

On a side note, I mentioned this a few pages back, but I'd LOVE to see Hammerhead return as well! If I recall, TPR recently saw it in person, and it's just sitting there, not operating! I know it was a maintenance nightmare, but I feel like if anyone could get it up and running well, it would be the staff at Knott's!

I remember riding Gran Slammer multiple times! I fell in love with that ride...offered nice tummy tingles. I believe Gran Slammer was a Chance "Falling Star" ride.

Tampico Tumbler was a funky-looking ride but was also quite fun! Sadly I only rode that one once. I do remember riding the Roto-shake (Hammerhead) quite a few times as there were no lines for it.

Ok given all they have to work with is the old Windseeker space and that they wont move anything even though I think they could do a small eurofighter what about a Maurer Sohne X coaster or a ride like Superman at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom?

Edited by adamd

On a side note, I mentioned this a few pages back, but I'd LOVE to see Hammerhead return as well! If I recall, TPR recently saw it in person, and it's just sitting there, not operating! I know it was a maintenance nightmare, but I feel like if anyone could get it up and running well, it would be the staff at Knott's!

If that was the case, they wouldn't have sold the ride in the first place...

Nor does the ride serve a purpose, as they already have a similar style ride in Rip Tide.

If that was the case, they wouldn't have sold the ride in the first place...

Nor does the ride serve a purpose, as they already have a similar style ride in Rip Tide.

Well, that's true. I did hear that the park that bought it did work out a lot of the maintenance issues, though (obviously I don't know for sure).

Though I did prefer Hammerhead over RipTide only because the rotation style was different. Whereas RipTide focuses on front flips and back flips, Hammerhead did some unusual movements in addition to the front/back flips where you sort-of rotated on your side...a slow transition from being upright to upside-down! Not that the GP would be able to tell if they were both in the park haha! Honestly another thing I loved about Hammerhead was the theming. I still think it was one of the best themed flats out there! But then again, I'm sucker for anything with an "under the sea" or ocean theme!

I will always remember Hammerhead for having the extremely uncomfortable lap bar/harness that was a nut cruncher.

I'd like to see a giant version of a Top Scan in that spot..

Haunt on Thursdays is manageable w/ Light to medium crowds. You shouldn't need Fastlane/Fright lane at all and you'll still be able to do all major attractions plus Haunt mazes. I would suggest getting to Mirror, Mirror first as it is a low capacity maze and even with light crowds will still have a 30-45 minute wait. Thursdays and Sundays are the best days to go to Haunt.

^^Also where you come out of the buffet is roped off from non-buffet guests up to just past the Ghostrider entrance, and Ghostrider has been open the last few years while the buffet is on, so you can get some faux ERT with no wait. I always go for the earliest boo-fet at 5pm (doing that again this year) so I can maximise my Ghostrider rides before they drop the rope. It's good value considering how huge the line is for Ghostrider during haunt.