TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Shoot...I'd be happy with just a normal KBF visit/picnic (or a Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner takeover) for Saturday, then Sunday be the full on WCB. I enjoyed myself at SFMM and loved the ERT but otherwise, it was just a typical visit at the Mountain (well at least they surprised us with a lite Q&A )...KBF really shined

^Agreed. I have to look at SFMM as a day of just riding, riding, and riding. I actually felt like I had a pretty solid day of riding even without ERT due to the lighter than anticipated crowds.

I was concerned about the Knott's day when I saw herds and herds of LAPD folk dominating the place. At opening, Silver Bullet appeared to have a full queue (Headliner attraction). It seemed like just after lunch, the park turned a different direction and lines were minimal to non existent where our ride portion really picked up the pace. KBF felt like the whole combo meal for sure!

I'm good with still doing magic mountain on WCB... it's still got the rides, and some of them are awesome....

but OMG... knotts RULES!!!!!!

What has happenned to this park? Its been awhile since I've heard such high praises. Might be time to go back.

What has happenned to this park? Its been awhile since I've heard such high praises. Might be time to go back.

Kinzel out. Guy with a real vision for parks in.

That's what has happened.

It felt like home even the ride operators were like "My pleasure" when thanked....

can't wait to go back!!!

I am going to have to go with the general consensus and have to say that the sfmm day was really fun the knott's day was just on a whole other level. Just loved the day from beginning to end with just one awesome activity after another and would happily do a whole weekend just at knotts. Can't wait to go back next month for haunt.

^Agreed. I have to look at SFMM as a day of just riding, riding, and riding. I actually felt like I had a pretty solid day of riding even without ERT due to the lighter than anticipated crowds.

I was concerned about the Knott's day when I saw herds and herds of LAPD folk dominating the place. At opening, Silver Bullet appeared to have a full queue (Headliner attraction). It seemed like just after lunch, the park turned a different direction and lines were minimal to non existent where our ride portion really picked up the pace. KBF felt like the whole combo meal for sure!

That's how I felt working that day as well. Once I saw the LAPD kids showing up (one of the counselors said there was over 2000 of them supposedly) I was worried West Coast Bash would turn into LAPD bash. Although I didn't see many TPR members at La Rev due to the jam packed day of activities, It was awesome to hang out at Monte for night ERT and was a great end to my weekend. My coworkers were so grateful to have you guys because of how hyper and uncooperative the LAPD kids were, coupled with the general GP.

What made us feel good when riding the rides...Ride ops telling us that we were awesome. Typically in order to wear glasses/sunglasses on the more dynamic rides, you're required to have a secure strap. When it came time to check our restraints, they saw that we were prepared and they praised us for it

I saw several of those LAPD kids line jumping when I looked over at the rest of my group and said "Us TPR folk would NEVER do that...would be an embarrassment to TPR"

Speaking of line jumpers, I swear parents are teaching their young'uns that it's 100% ok. Why? A few of us are taking in our first ride of the day on TMLR when 2-3 kids (really young...young enough that they should be supervised by a parent) come running past us to the station. 30 seconds later, the dad comes in doing the same thing saying "Excuse me, I gotta go get my kids." Sure enough, he went right up to the station and off on his ride. Great way to use your kids so you can line jump!

What made us feel good when riding the rides...Ride ops telling us that we were awesome. Typically in order to wear glasses/sunglasses on the more dynamic rides, you're required to have a secure strap. When it came time to check our restraints, they saw that we were prepared and they praised us for it

I saw several of those LAPD kids line jumping when I looked over at the rest of my group and said "Us TPR folk would NEVER do that...would be an embarrassment to TPR"

Speaking of line jumpers, I swear parents are teaching their young'uns that it's 100% ok. Why? A few of us are taking in our first ride of the day on TMLR when 2-3 kids (really young...young enough that they should be supervised by a parent) come running past us to the station. 30 seconds later, the dad comes in doing the same thing saying "Excuse me, I gotta go get my kids." Sure enough, he went right up to the station and off on his ride. Great way to use your kids so you can line jump!

Yeah, I see it happen all the time and confronting people about it can be such a pain and it's a hard problem to deal with. But yeah my coworker Sophie at Monte said she would be glad to work all the time if the guests were like you guys haha. The LAPD kids nearly caused La Rev to break by swinging the ride. If you swing the ride too high and you can't stop it in time, the ride will shut down because it thinks the ride is starting with the platform up and we have to call maintenance to come fix it which is 30 minutes plus of downtime.

The LAPD kids nearly caused La Rev to break by swinging the ride. If you swing the ride too high and you can't stop it in time, the ride will shut down because it thinks the ride is starting with the platform up and we have to call maintenance to come fix it which is 30 minutes plus of downtime.

My biggest pet peeve when I operated Rev.

The LAPD kids nearly caused La Rev to break by swinging the ride. If you swing the ride too high and you can't stop it in time, the ride will shut down because it thinks the ride is starting with the platform up and we have to call maintenance to come fix it which is 30 minutes plus of downtime.

My biggest pet peeve when I operated Rev.

Yeah, lately though its been doing this weird thing where we have it set to limited capacity and after im done checking restraints it will say seats 25-28 came open while the ride was in motion, even though we never even started the cycle and those seats were locked down lol. I think it was because they just rehabbed it and the sensors were funky or something because it hasn't happened in a few days.

Kinzel out. Guy with a real vision for parks in.

That's what has happened.

THIS! Times infinity.

I can say the same thing for my home park, CGA, as well. I seriously thought it was done for when the JMA stuff happened, but then when Cedar Fair retained ownership of the park (with Matt Ouimet at the controls) it provided not only a sigh of relief but also a turn for the better. The new GCI finally came into being, there have been various improvements all around the park, and it felt like a real renaissance for the park.

While I wanted to visit Knott's in the late 00s, I'd keep hearing things about it not being what it used to be before CF purchased it in the 90s, and that kept me away. The way it is now (combination of Ouimet and Raffi Kaprelyan at the controls here) I'd go back again in a heartbeat!

^ This...

And agreed about Kinzel and his visions (or lack thereof)...Praise be to Ouimet, and Raffi as well!

Thinking back to my visit in 1998, one of the things I would have liked to check out again (but has been gone eversince Vertigo and now Screaming Swing occupied the spot) was the Haunted Shack. It was yet another thing to check out when wanting to take a break from rides. For those who don't remember, it was essentially a 'crooked house' with gravity/physics-defying illusions.

I have a feeling Knott's is headed back in the right direction, as much as you can't really bring back what was removed...much like how I feel like my home park CGA is headed back in the right direction with Ouimet's visions.

Edited by Angry_Gumball

About the line jumpers, on Sat. while waiting in line for Bigfoot Rapids, some kids in a group of six were waiting while 3 of them cut to get with their parents or guardians, while the other 3 stayed right where they were and literally said "It's not right to those who have been waiting" and making the other 3 who jumped ahead embarrassed, they made them wait for them to catch up. Seriously wanted to give the 3 that said what they did and stayed where they were a "Hey, that's very kind/smart of you" or something for having common sense and respectful to the other guests waiting.

Edited by _IntaMAN_

I actually had people at CGA (in line for Gold Striker I believe) standing in line but staying back...telling us to "go ahead of them because they're waiting for the rest of their group." I like people who think this way and consider others around them. Why can't more people be more like this?

The thing about swinging La Revolucion...were riders with long enough legs able to push the pendulum and get it to begin rocking? I was close to riding LR but had just broke down. I hear the ride runs a lame program so I decided it wasn't worth waiting for it and headed towards the Hat Dance (which can get some insane spinning)...only downside is that main turntable takes forever to stop

I actually had people at CGA (in line for Gold Striker I believe) standing in line but staying back...telling us to "go ahead of them because they're waiting for the rest of their group." I like people who think this way and consider others around them. Why can't more people be more like this?

The thing about swinging La Revolucion...were riders with long enough legs able to push the pendulum and get it to begin rocking? I was close to riding LR but had just broke down. I hear the ride runs a lame program so I decided it wasn't worth waiting for it and headed towards the Hat Dance (which can get some insane spinning)...only downside is that main turntable takes forever to stop

No, people with long legs can usually spin and rock the ride gently, but what really breaks it is when people blatantly push it back and forth after getting off. And yeah hat dance takes forever to stop, people always try and get out before it does lol.

Was out at the park today, had a great day, really really light crowds. Interesting thing from today is they took off those little restraint check things on Xcelerator (the ones that turn green when the restraint is down far enough). The lapbar seems kinda naked now without it. Also Monte was down today for some strange reason with just the train sitting in the station with no visible activity around it, hopefully that gets fixed soon.

Was out at the park today, had a great day, really really light crowds. Interesting thing from today is they took off those little restraint check things on Xcelerator (the ones that turn green when the restraint is down far enough). The lapbar seems kinda naked now without it. Also Monte was down today for some strange reason with just the train sitting in the station with no visible activity around it, hopefully that gets fixed soon.

Hey, glad you had a good day at the park. Monte has been having cable problems since the day after WCB, I think my shift lead said it'll be down a few more weeks. I'll keep you guys updated when I learn more.

Hey, glad you had a good day at the park. Monte has been having cable problems since the day after WCB, I think my shift lead said it'll be down a few more weeks. I'll keep you guys updated when I learn more.

Hey, question for ya...

want to take my daughter to knotts (she couldn't come with me during WCB) I know its scary farm time, but... how bad is it going to be on saturdays (before it shifts into the haunt time)....

or should I just wait til november...