TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Just want to give Knott's a special shout out for yet another AMAZING West Coast Bash day. Not just for the events (which were amazing) but the entire park.

8-10 years ago we'd go down for Solace and during the day we couldn't wait to leave the park to go to Disney or other local parks. Even Universal one year. The past 2 years, even without all of the tours and Q&A, leaving the park isn't even something that crosses our mind. We had an absolute blast just being in the park and seeing the amazing turnaround the entire park has made the past 3-4 years. I see nothing but amazing things for the future of Knott's!!!

It's so glad to have one of the parks I grew up enjoying so much bringing so much joy to my kids now.

Just want to give Knott's a special shout out for yet another AMAZING West Coast Bash day. Not just for the events (which were amazing) but the entire park.

Ditto!

Yesterday was the first time I have spent a whole day at Knott's, open to close plus ERT. Looking forward to next years bash already!

I just want to post here and give a HUGE thanks to Knott's Berry Farm for pulling out all the stops again this year for WCB. This year was by far the most fun I've had at the Knott's day of the bash, and overall day I've had since 2010. The log ride tour was simply amazing taking us to areas we didnt see during the 2011 tour plus seeing all the fresh new work on the transformation was simply amazing. ERT was perfect, with lots of rides open and more then enought time to get on all the rides I wanted too mutiple times. And yes, i hope we do get a Charlie Brown: Drop of Good Grief on Xcelerator's Top Hat

THANK YOU KNOTTS AND ROBB!

I just want to say thank you to everyone involved in making the event, it was truly amazing this year. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the sign, I truly enjoyed making it and hanging out at Monte with you guys for ERT. My coworkers Sophie and Desmond loved you guys and said you were energetic,respectful, and well behaved so kudos to you for leaving a good impression about the club on them. I spoke with several other operators at Xcel after the park closed and they said the same thing about you guys so thank you once again. I'm glad I was finally able to get my Monte ride with RD as well haha . Looking forward to the next TPR event I attend and I will be moving to a new ride soon so I'll let you guys know where I'm at when it happens .

Just saw this comment...

I feel that the name change is a great idea, as it one day will get that one ride away from any judgement based solely on the ride's named. In my opinion, I don't think sharing similar names on any ride is an effective plan anywhere. If each park had a different, unique name for the ride then the name with the troubled ride wouldn't get around too easy. Take that statement for what it's worth, if it even made sense.

You'd think, but the news is either more or less smart than you're giving them credit for, depending on how you're looking at it. When the Superman accident happened at Kentucky Kingdom, every park with an Intamin Giant Drop had the news out filming it. I think my "favorite" article that I saw after that was by some Chicago paper that had a picture of Great America's Giant Drop and Kentucky's Superman side by side and the headline was something to the effect of:

RIDE CHOPS OFF FOOT: Great America Ride Unsafe

Didn't matter that the rides were not named alike at all... nor was the headline fair at all.

WCB at Knott's was incredible! The tours were all amazing and so was the ERT. I got ten laps on Xcelerator in the morning. At night they really opened it up, I was out of my seat for the entire top hat! the brakes didn't even fully slow us down until the first car was on the level section! Big Thank You to Knott's and TPR for putting on an awesome event.

I really enjoyed both days at WCB. SFMM is all about the rides (coasters specifically), but Knott's really pulled the stops with Calico Mine Ride tour, backstage Log Ride tour, lunch, Q & A at Charles Schultz Theatre, and backstage tour of one of the haunted mazes. While I like most of the thrill rides at SFMM over the ones at Knott's, I now get why everyone says the Knott's Bash day is better. Knott's plans more things for TPR while SFMM is specifically a ERT event with a lunch (and a pretty horrible one). The friendliness and the sense of humor of the Knott's staff also made all the difference. Knott's didn't really have a corporate feel for being a corporate park, and while I've only been to one other Cedar Fair park, Knott's felt like it is run its own way differently from other Cedar Fair parks. The Timber Mountain Log Ride redo was amazing and I wish I would have ridden it more than twice. I'm glad I did both days of the West Coast Bash as it was nice getting the contrast of both parks, from an adrenaline filled day to a relaxing day filled with backstage tours and such.

I now get why everyone says the Knott's Bash day is better. Knott's plans more things for TPR while SFMM is specifically a ERT event with a lunch (and a pretty horrible one).

Except it didn't used to be that way. SFMM also used to do an Q&A session, backstage tours, mid-day fun surprises, etc, but ever since Jay left a lot of that "charm" also left with him and now we just have an "ERT Event" - Which is sad because the weekend used to be *PACKED* full of awesome, but I'm at least very happy and thankful the people at Knott's still want to pull out all stops for the event.

Just look at the feedback on the Knott's day compared to the SFMM day and I think the real "winner" of the weekend is obvious.

I would like to see WCB move Knott's back to Saturday, drop SFMM and do Universal on Sunday.

The tours were the highlight for me!

Now that would be an awesome WCB, although I do miss the old days like Robb said when SFMM had the whole park open for us for ERT. But I feel, especially after this years, that we need to move on and go to a better park. I like the idea of KBF and USH.

I would like to see WCB move Knott's back to Saturday, drop SFMM and do Universal on Sunday.

Now that would be an awesome WCB, although I do miss the old days like Robb said when SFMM had the whole park open for us for ERT. But I feel, especially after this years, that we need to move on and go to a better park. I like the idea of KBF and USH.

We can always do Castle Park for WCB. ERT on Fireball and Ghost Blasters!!!!!

I kind of like the idea of doing Uni as the second park for WCB as opposed to SFMM. But WCB will still be awesome wherever it leads.

The Knott's day was never on Saturday (that was ACE's Solace) and I gotta be honest, I sort of think the event works great on Sunday in that the park hours are shorter and that allows us to do MORE stuff outside the parks normal operating hours.

I'm kind of thinking we keep the event on Sunday and do something else on Saturday.

To be honest, I'm not sure Universal would be an option simply due to cost. I think to do a TPR Day at Universal the way we would want to do it, I can't see it being less than $80 - $100. And I'm not sure we'd get enough people to justify it. Our discounted Club TPR Admission to that park is $75 alone and we'd have to pay for a meal, ERT, and other stuff. As much as I'd love to do Universal as an option for WCB, I just don't think it's financially feasible.