TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Hey maybe we can get the Hammerhead AKA the Zamperla Rotoshake to replace it? Okay maybe only in my dreams...

Haha! I'm actually all for this! I'm probably one of the few people who actually misses Hammerhead! It's better than Riptide if you ask me!

Count me in as someone who also misses Hammerhead. I absolutely loved that ride. I hate Riptide.

I think they should put one of the Mack Twist and Splash rides in the old Windseeker spot. One, it would fill the void of another water attraction left by Perilous Plunge, two, they could theme it to Fiesta Village pretty well, and three, it would fit right in with their collection of family rides. IMHO, they really should consider getting another "big" coaster within a few years, be it a Wing Coaster or the long rumored Hyper Coaster.

On Friday, spokespeople from Knott’s Berry Farm and Worlds of Fun confirmed that the Knott’s Berry Farm WindSeeker would be moved in the off-season to Kansas City, where it will begin service at Worlds of Fun, renamed the SteelHawk.

I guess we all better get our last rides in at West Coast Bash

We can all marvel over KBF's concrete ornament for a final time anyway next weekend

I never got to ride, but I'll get to marvel over it for a second time next weekend. I didn't get to it on my last visit to the park during Halloween Haunt 2011. Oh well, I'll eventually ride a Windseeker at Cedar Point (if its still there when I finally visit Cedar Point).

I have a better idea....LETS BRING BACK THE TAMPICO TUMBLER!!!!!!

That would be open about as much as Windseeker...

Did it have a lot of downtime? I was probably 11 or 12 when it closed so I don't remember too much about it.

Did it have a lot of downtime? I was probably 11 or 12 when it closed so I don't remember too much about it.

Another flat ride that I actually kind of like--too bad they're so tough to maintain.

Another flat ride that I actually kind of like--too bad they're so tough to maintain.

LOVE those Zierer Hexentanz rides! Grew up riding and awesome indoor one at West Edmonton Mall that interacted with the Mindbender. Sad they are so hard to find now

While I'd love for something else to go in the spot of Windseeker, it would be interesting if they replaced it with a Star Flyer model and played it off like nothing happened. I wonder how many people would really notice a change, considering how many comments I've heard about Apocalypse being Psyclone and such.

It really is a shame that so many mature trees had to be removed for Windseeker, only to have the ride removed after a short stint. Perhaps the park will green up the area a little more with whatever its replacement is.

I know this would probably never happen but.....

Looking at the plot of land and it's proximity to Jaguar, if they got rid of Jaguar and kept the temple, this could be a site for a nice dark ride. The temple could be the themed entrance and the show building could extend out to where Jaguar's second lift and helix are located if the got rid of that train as well.

I'm just thinking that there's got to be better use for that land than the massive station for a family coaster that has a height requirement of 48 inches. This is coming from a guy who actually enjoys the scenic ride of Jaguar.