TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

You need to get a confirmation e-mail.

A physical description or personality?

I am going to guess personality, since Robb also asked for a photo (which takes care of the physical description part).

When I went to Knott's back in April, it was running 1 train. With how quick the ride was length-wise, the single train didn't really bother me. Not saying that Xcelerator crew was slow or anything but I kind of feel like I'd be spending just as much time waiting in the brakes (in 2-train op) as I would be waiting for the next cycle (in single train op).

When I went to Knott's back in April, it was running 1 train. With how quick the ride was length-wise, the single train didn't really bother me. Not saying that Xcelerator crew was slow or anything but I kind of feel like I'd be spending just as much time waiting in the brakes (in 2-train op) as I would be waiting for the next cycle (in single train op).

I have noticed that too. The ride is short and the train is in the brake run while the other train is pulling into the station. It does save a little time with a second train but not much. A fast crew with one train proabably beats a slow crew with two!

So Knott's did something fairly brilliant for Haunt:

Not only do "Fright Lane" ticket holders get front of the line, but now they also get a "skeleton key" that will "unlock additional rooms and interactive scares in select mazes."

Simply brilliant. It suckers in fans who would otherwise come on a Thursday to avoid crowds to buy the pass (like me!), while also giving more value to the pass at a relatively low cost (I can't imagine an extra maze room costing more than a few grand).

Not only do "Fright Lane" ticket holders get front of the line, but now they also get a "skeleton key" that will "unlock additional rooms and interactive scares in select mazes."

Simply brilliant. It suckers in fans who would otherwise come on a Thursday to avoid crowds to buy the pass (like me!), while also giving more value to the pass at a relatively low cost (I can't imagine an extra maze room costing more than a few grand).

SOLD! I'LL TAKE TWO!

That is simply amazing. I can't believe nobody has thought of that sooner. I like haunts, so that would be something I would be compelled to purchase for sure!

I will probably do it myself, and as long as the bonus rooms/scares are well done---they'll have me hooked for next year too!

Wow! Great to see parks thinking outside the box and doing something unique and different with a Halloween event. I remember when Universal Orlando used to be the leader of this kind of thing. "Used to be..."

Hey Robb,

Is TPR doing a Haunt event this year at Knott's? MiceChat is doing one, and before I pay $110 for thier event, I just wanted to check to see if TPR is doing one.

Thanks.

That is a great idea! Glad to see Knott's taking it up a notch. They've been doing a great job these past few years.

I'm following you with the Thursday Idea this year.