TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ But the one they were planning on getting may not be as tall as the one at Knott's. That was what I was trying to say earlier but did a crappy job.

Everyone's so fast to say "get rid of windseeker" but do you really think there going to put anything better in her spot knowing how the GM is and how the park has turned more towards families, it would be a small flat ride or food again sorry but I don't get to travel much so KBF windseeker is all I got!

How is Windseeker not a family ride anyway? It's better to have something instead of a 300 foot lawn ornament.

The only Windseeker that's worth keeping is CP's just because of its location right by the water. Even then, I wouldn't care if it got removed like Knotts' and be replaced with a more reliable mild thrill ride.

I think there is something to this. IMO, the SkyScreamers are more thrilling than the Windseekers so it's not just a "look at how high I am" it's a "look at how high I am and oh crap, is that just a chain" thing. We rode the one at KD last year and while fun it just isn't thrilling at all other than it's a Sky Tower on the Outside instead of inside. And since you can't take pictures it's kind of pointless. But I can imagine the view of the lake really adds to the experience vs. KD or Buena Park.

Windseeker is alright. I think they're mildly fun rides, but I mostly just enjoy the views. But if it's going to be nonoperational for months at a time (It's been 11 months), I'd rather have something more reliable, some other flat ride.

But if they do get rid or it, the park will have not had any type of thrilling attraction since Silver Bullet in 2004. Which leads me to my theory/pipe dream. Move Wipeout to Windseekers old spot (I imagine the area can be re-purposed nicely and Wipeout re-themed). Move Boomerang to a different park or scrap it. Tear down Sky Tower. Lastly, put in a decent coaster in the newly opened Boardwalk area where those 3 rides were.

I couldn't agree more! 10 years since a thrilling ride has been added. Yes I know they're appealing to families but their past 6 rides have been family attractions. I don't think its much to ask for that their next attraction being something to appeal to the thrill seekers. I like your idea, but I dont think Boomerang is going anywhere anytime soon due to its brand new paint job (I'd guess that means they keep it for at least another 2-3 years) unless they painted it for another one of their parks.....

I like your idea, but I dont think Boomerang is going anywhere anytime soon due to its brand new paint job (I'd guess that means they keep it for at least another 2-3 years) unless they painted it for another one of their parks.....

My theory is that if they wanted to keep Boomerang at Knott's, they would have added new trains (like Carolina Cobra) in the downtime that it was painted. I feel like that was a missed opportunity to enhance a permanent coaster, unless it was to be relocated, which a paint job would make sense IMO and new trains added once moved. Also, they had the chance to replace Sky Cabin with Windseeker, but chose a different spot. I believe something big could change for that area of the Boardwalk. But who knows? I'm definitely reading into it too much!

Good Riddance I say, it's more down then up and running. Sky Cabin could also either get removed or refurbished (but I doubt it - at least anytime soon). Supreme Scream still provides for excellent views,and provides for a thrilling ride, so down with Windseeker!

I like your idea, but I dont think Boomerang is going anywhere anytime soon due to its brand new paint job (I'd guess that means they keep it for at least another 2-3 years) unless they painted it for another one of their parks.....

My theory is that if they wanted to keep Boomerang at Knott's, they would have added new trains (like Carolina Cobra) in the downtime that it was painted. I feel like that was a missed opportunity to enhance a permanent coaster, unless it was to be relocated, which a paint job would make sense IMO and new trains added once moved. Also, they had the chance to replace Sky Cabin with Windseeker, but chose a different spot. I believe something big could change for that area of the Boardwalk. But who knows? I'm definitely reading into it too much!

Thats a great point. If they wanted it for a while why not get a new train? Flip side of course is cost, but yah if they removed Boomerang, Sky Cabin, that shop, Wipeout and sky cabin you have a lot of room (even more room without that restaurant) plus footers could go on the middle of the Boardwalk where people walk. Remember there were markings there like 2 years ago so it could start making sense soon.....

Good Riddance I say, it's more down then up and running. Sky Cabin could also either get removed or refurbished (but I doubt it - at least anytime soon). Supreme Scream still provides for excellent views,and provides for a thrilling ride, so down with Windseeker!

When I went to Knotts two months back, an employee we were talking to about Windseeker told my friends and me that it was originally supposed to go in Sky Cabins spot but Buena Park claimed it was a "national landmark" so they had to locate it in Fiesta Village instead. I thought it was kinda silly but if he's right, Sky Cabin won't be going anywhere.

This won't be the first Cedar Fair attraction to be moved to another state after stranding riders and possibly having crazy restrictions slammed on them in order to continue operation...(Speculation that it would cost too much on upkeep to keep Invertigo running when it was at CGA, but at least opened briefly after being down for almost a year)

Yes it would suck to see it leave as I never got to try it but at the same time, I'm kind of indifferent. I can get my 'high off the ground swings' fix at SFDK as much as their tower's only half the height.

No loss if the remove WS. It was an ok ride but I thought it rotated way to fast for you to get a good look at the surrounding area.

Agree. Windseekers seem too slow to be thrilling, but too fast to enjoy a nice view. I'm thinking it was a health code issue. Putting you that high in the LA smog without a gas mask can be deadly!

Honestly, I don't care for Windseekers, once you've been on one, you've been on them all. The only difference between them is the view, and the only really good view was at Cedar Point. They're cool because they're tall, but the ride's short and they break down all the time. I'm glad CGA never got one, they're too unreliable.

First I had to suffer through the removal of Perilous Plunge, and now this?! Make it stop!

I can't believe the willingness (if not excitement) of many on this forum to let this ride go. Am I the only one who really enjoys the Windseeker fleet? I find the ride to be one of the more enjoyable and re-rideable rides out there, the iteration at Knott's included. To me, it's exhilarating without being too aggressively thrilling (if that makes any sense). Moreover, the lighting package is second to none.

What makes this rumor particularly hard to swallow is the knowledge that, in light of the park's current management team and their recent park additions, there seems little hope of the park adding anything other than a conservative family ride as a replacement. Furthermore, given the park's space limitations, the chances of Knott's adding another 300 foot attraction seem even more remote.

How expensive could it possibly be to make the necessary modifications to the ride? Moving the ride will cost money, too, you know.

#reallyhopingthisrumorisfalse

Honestly, I don't care for Windseekers, once you've been on one, you've been on them all. The only difference between them is the view, and the only really good view was at Cedar Point. They're cool because they're tall, but the ride's short and they break down all the time. I'm glad CGA never got one, they're too unreliable.

Pretty sure CF management could've sent a Windseeker to CGA if they wanted to but due to height restrictions it's limited them from building one.

Pretty sure CF management could've sent a Windseeker to CGA if they wanted to but due to height restrictions it's limited them from building one.

I say tear down Demon and Grizzly and put in a Windseeker and put back the Schwarzkopff Shuttle.

When I went to Knotts two months back, an employee we were talking to about Windseeker told my friends and me that it was originally supposed to go in Sky Cabins spot but Buena Park claimed it was a "national landmark" so they had to locate it in Fiesta Village instead. I thought it was kinda silly but if he's right, Sky Cabin won't be going anywhere.

The only part that anyone was concerned about was the 'K" at the top of the tower.

They didn't need to make it the same height as all the other Windseekers. All the Sky Screamers at Six Flags aren't the same height. I'm just saying I'm glad CGA didn't get one, even if they couldn't have.

Again excuse the ignorance but engineering wise, if they wanted to put it in dorney park, when they moved the towers to the parks, isn't it piece by piece?, couldn't they just remove some of the middle sections to make it meet height restrictions and install new shorter cables and reset the computers to the new height, or would it just be more cost effective to order a brand new shorter one?

Anybody who's visited Knott's the past few days see anything new or got any update on Xcelerator? WCB is fast approaching and I'm still crossing my fingers they get it running by then.

Website would have most up-to-date info.

Funny thing is, I've only heard about cable snapping here. I have yet to see anything from a Knott's Facebook fan page (which is always posting things everyday with park happenings.

Anybody who's visited Knott's the past few days see anything new or got any update on Xcelerator? WCB is fast approaching and I'm still crossing my fingers they get it running by then.

Saw it today, still looks pretty much the same. I spotted the purple train on the side and there was no visible damage to it. One of my managers said it would be down for about a week, but it's not always a reliable source. Hoping for the best for you guys so you get to ride and not be stuck with me all ERT at Monte .