TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I went yesterday and noticed that Montezooma and Xcellerator are now closed. Anyone know why Monty is closed right now? I figured Xcellerator is closed from that bee incident.

Oh, and I got to check out the new Log Ride while I was there and absolutely LOVED what Bud Hurlburt did with the ride. The scenes look like something made for a Disney attraction. The smells in there were also great. The only complaint I have about the ride is that the logs breeze through the scenes so fast, you don't have time to take in all of the details.

^The ghost of Bud Hulburt built the ride? I think you mean Garner Holt and the Knott's creative team.

I love the low capacity is a horrible idea argument. Yes, it might cause lines to be a little longer but typically they aren't marquee attractions that draw the biggest crowds like Xcelerator or Silver Bullet might. Disney has gotten away with it on the C Ticket and lower rides, even some of the D's and E's (Subs). Disney has done just fine with Goofy's Sky School, I think Knott's will be equally as fine.

Knott's when it is busy is pretty unbearable for exactly that reason. Disney at least has insanely high capacity rides like Pirates and Mansion that swallow people and help balance out the crowds. Knott's? Not so much. GhostRider and Silver Bullet probably do 900-1200pph and those are their highest capacity rides...

Those are great pictures! Knott's has really outdone themselves with the new area. I guess everyone has forgotten about the 300 foot B&M now that was never going there Haven't been to the park in years, can't wait to get back. Ghostrider was brand new (and out of this world) last time I went!

I was back at the park on Wednesday and they have made even more improvements to the log ride in the short time since our trip report. Pretty much all of the animatronics are now working, and they added some effects and story to the final lift hill (no more endless "fire in the hole!"). So the ride is even better than what the POV shows!

^It's summer, so absolutely. Everything at Knott's will probably have 30-60 min waits, so pick your poison. I would suggest going to the back of the park first, since the crowd will go to Ghostrider.

Those are great pictures! Knott's has really outdone themselves with the new area. I guess everyone has forgotten about the 300 foot B&M now that was never going there

Which is a good thing! I think the new management gets that Knott's shouldn't be housing giant coasters...it doesn't need to be Cedar Point Pacific.

Got to check out the new Boardwalk area and updated Log Ride today. All great additions to the park. Really love the look of the Boardwalk area and Coast Rider is a heck of a lot of fun.

Rode Log Ride twice and I can't wait to ride it some more. It was already the best log ride and now it's even better.

Hope these improvements continue! Initially I was pretty disappointed with the announcement of the mouse coaster, but once I heard they were renovating the log ride, and now that I've seen the final product of the boardwalk area, I must say they really stepped it up and I'm glad to say that I recant my initial sentiments. I hope to see more improvements like this for next season as well. Maybe a GR/MineTrain renovation?

More Haunt news:

Returning Maze!

"PINOCCHIO UNSTRUNG"

Several years after the blue fairy denies him his final wish, Pinocchio erupts in a wild killing spree, where he and his army of murderous marionettes seek the flesh from his former masters to cover his twisted, wooden body.

Revenge comes with no strings attached.

From the demented mind of Haunt Maze Designer Daniel Miller - the twisted creator of Delirium, Fallout Shelter and many others.

Think you know the whole story? Think again. Pinocchio Unstrung returns for 2013 with more surprises, more twists and turns....and more insanity. Be careful what you wish for...

I thought this maze had an "ok" first year. Has a lot of potential so I'm hoping it blows it out of the water this year.

More Haunt news:

Returning Maze!

"PINOCCHIO UNSTRUNG"

Several years after the blue fairy denies him his final wish, Pinocchio erupts in a wild killing spree, where he and his army of murderous marionettes seek the flesh from his former masters to cover his twisted, wooden body.

From the demented mind of Haunt Maze Designer Daniel Miller - the twisted creator of Delirium, Fallout Shelter and many others.

Think you know the whole story? Think again. Pinocchio Unstrung returns for 2013 with more surprises, more twists and turns....and more insanity. Be careful what you wish for...

I thought this maze had an "ok" first year. Has a lot of potential so I'm hoping it blows it out of the water this year.

I got that vibe also. Hopefully they can improve some parts of it. Definitely lots of potential! I enjoyed it though, so I'm glad it's returning!

More Haunt news:

Returning Maze!

"PINOCCHIO UNSTRUNG"

I agree. Unfortunately, I'll actually be working Haunt this year so I may not get a chance to walk through it, but hopefully it improves this year. Overall, I thought it was pretty solid last year and had a lot of room to improve as a new maze.

^^It would require some new hardware and programming but yes it most certainly could be done. I definitely would not be opposed to that as Superman: Tower Of Power @ SFOT is a hell of a lot of fun.

If the ride refresh angle ends up working well for them with the Log Ride, I could easily see that being the next logical step as something else they can market as new without a heavy capital investment.