TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Great addition to the park. After riding Perilous Plunge once, never rode it again. At least this will be something I will ride every time I visit the park along with the rest of the family. More to do in the park now.

Knott's Berry Farm Casting Call!

Knott's is looking for riders for the new Boardwalk Attractions on Monday, May 27th for a television shoot.

If you are interested, please email the following information to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com and put "Knott's Boardwalk Riders" as the subject.

- Your Full Name

- Your TPR Screen Name (If you don't have one you can register via the TPR forums for free http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/)

- Your Age

- Male/Female

- Your email address

- Your phone number

- A little something about yourself

- Attaching a photo is always helpful

You must be available as of 5am on Monday, May 27th, and you must be willing to ride the new area attractions multiple times. Please email me ASAP if you are interested!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

I think this is a big improvement for the Boardwalk section of Knott's--much brighter and more inviting. I always thought Perilous Plunge was a bit of an eyesore.

Edited by cfc

To everyone who has sent in their email, I have forwarded your information onto the park. They are supposed to get back to you soon as to who made the list. Please post here when you hear something back. Thank you!

Whoa! What's with all the Plunge hate? Sure, the ride was unreliable. And yes, dispatch times were awful. And yes, it killed someone. But hey, when you were actually on it, I thought the experience was awesome. And I actually thought the ride was anything but an eyesore. To me, the entire ride area was beautiful, and it really epitomized California for me. Maybe I'm crazy. ha

I haven't been a fan of this Boardwalk expansion since day one; however, after visiting the park on Sunday, I have to admit that the whole area really does look quite nice. Between the bright colors, the string lights stretching over the midway, and the combination of grass and water elements, I agree that the space is very inviting.

And to be honest, I thought the whole park looked incredible. Granted, I've always been a fan of this park for its picturesque qualities, but I found this to be especially true during my most recent visit. Seriously, I couldn't find anything that looked run down or in need of refreshing. The landscaping, paint, buildings--everything looks great. The park seems to be doing a great job.

Whoa! What's with all the Plunge hate? Sure, the ride was unreliable. And yes, dispatch times were awful. And yes, it killed someone. But hey, when you were actually on it, I thought the experience was awesome. And I actually thought the ride was anything but an eyesore. To me, the entire ride area was beautiful, and it really epitomized California for me. Maybe I'm crazy. ha

I haven't been a fan of this Boardwalk expansion since day one; however, after visiting the park on Sunday, I have to admit that the whole area really does look quite nice. Between the bright colors, the string lights stretching over the midway, and the combination of grass and water elements, I agree that the space is very inviting.

And to be honest, I thought the whole park looked incredible. Granted, I've always been a fan of this park for its picturesque qualities, but I found this to be especially true during my most recent visit. Seriously, I couldn't find anything that looked run down or in need of refreshing. The landscaping, paint, buildings--everything looks great. The park seems to be doing a great job.

Yeah I agree despite all the cons of Perilous Plunge, it was still a pretty good ride. However, I think it's had it's run, and the new expansion will be a much better use of the space for everybody overall. Can't wait to go check it out soon

^ Was this before the four point harnesses? I still regret not being able to ride the ride with just the lap bars. In fact, I never even got to experience the ride with the original boats. I'll never forget how, the first time I visited Knott's (I believe in 2004; the original boats were in use with the four point harnesses), I was turned away from Plunge for being "too thin." While I exceeded the height requirement OK, the harness apparently didn't fit around me tightly enough. Ahh memories.

There's that one area over by the wooden coaster that has looked run down since I was a child. My dad says he thought they hadn't touched it since he was a kid. It's practically a ghost town now.

There's that one area over by the wooden coaster that has looked run down since I was a child. My dad says he thought they hadn't touched it since he was a kid. It's practically a ghost town now.

You pretty much answered your own question:

What's with all the Plunge hate? Unreliable. Awful Dispatch. Killed Somebody.

I rode it once, only once and that was with the lap bars. It was fun, nothing amazing.