TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^What does the entrance to Bigfoot look like now?

It's the basically the same as before- that area was just repaved, so the ground has new blacktop, but that's about it. They did move the gift stand that was located to the right of Bigfoot's entrance- it now sits across from it. And the dryer was moved to where the gift stand used to be:

934764_597210386997361_1015360149_n.jpg

891875_571352922916441_499039887_o.jpg

I just noticed this posted on the Knott's facebook page...

Season Pass Holders can enjoy Exclusive Ride Time of Coast Rider, Surfside Gliders, Pacific Scrambler & other select rides May 30th from 7:30am-10:00am! At 9:00am join us for the official opening ceremony and dedication of the new Boardwalk area! Rides will close briefly for the ceremony.

So I guess the new area will officially open on May 30th now. In the comments it was stated that the rides would still open May 25th, however. Perhaps the park wanted a soft opening period or they just found it more convenient to wait a week before the official opening.

Anyway, the Timber Mountain Log Ride will be having it's grand reopening on the 30th as well, so it sounds like this would be a great way to check out the new for 2013 attractions before summer crowds arrive. I'm certainly planning on going.

Had a great day at the park yesterday. I was there from 10-2, and I rode many rides. Ghostrider was closed, and there is no reopening date on Knotts.com. I rode Xcellerator 3 times (one train operation, but still only a 10-15 minute wait max. All day), Boomerang, Riptide, Monezooma's Revenge, Supreme Scream (all had 10 minute wait max.) and then waited out the longest wait of the day for Silver Bullet (2 trains and 20 minute wait, but moving really quickly and rarely stacking). Sidewinder, Jaguar, and Pony Express all had one train operation and really slow loading times, so I decided to skip those. Overall, a not very crowded Saturday at the park. I also enjoyed the 20% discount on food you get at Johnny Rockets and all the other food restaurants with the Platinum Pass.

The general public still likes it more than most rides at KBF from who I've talked to, although KBF really needs to wake up a realize that all it needs to become the best in the park is to get RMC or GCI to retrack it.

They probably already know that. Remember that most projects take several years from start to finish. If they decide to flip the switch and have Rocky Mountain do a Topper re-profile based on the success of Outlaw Run, which opened this season, we probably wouldn't see Ghostrider re-open with the new profile until 2015 at the earliest. At the same time, they could have already predicted the success and could be re-profiling Ghostrider for next season.

You can't always assume that a park needs to "wake up" just because they haven't made a decision you want them to make right away. Rocky Mountain only started doing complete re-profiles of coasters several years ago.

^Very well, that makes sense. The only exception I can think of though is that Knott's seems to be a park to get things "early", I.E. Xcelerator, Montezooma's, etc., but at least Ghostrider can stand a few more years to see how Outlaw Run ages. I'll keep the date 2015 in mind.

A little off topic, but I think I've found the "Magic Seat" for Silver Bullet and I want to see if anybody else thinks this is the right one. I haven't been on the ride enough to ride in every seat, but someone else can certainly continue my experiment. Next time somebody is in the park, get in the 7th row on the far right of Silver Bullet and tell me if you think it's the best seat on the ride. From what I can tell, it's the perfect combination of floater air, positive Gs, consistent laterals, and smoothness.

^Very well, that makes sense. The only exception I can think of though is that Knott's seems to be a park to get things "early", I.E. Xcelerator, Montezooma's, etc., but at least Ghostrider can stand a few more years to see how Outlaw Run ages. I'll keep the date 2015 in mind.

Just because they were one of the first to receive a ride doesn't mean it wasn't in the planning stages for at least a few years prior. Most parks operate on 5-10 year expansion plans.

Man I hate cedar fair's height requirements..Coast Rider has a 44" requirement instead of 42"...only 2 inches but it is enough to cause my son not to be able to ride it this summer, even though he has ridden other similar rides at DCA, Legoland, etc...

What makes it worse is we have season passes and he watched it being built and can't wait for it to open...Looks like he is going to get another lesson in patience...

The revamped Boardwalk will be kinetic with the three new attractions running. I love Knott's and really wish they would plant more trees along the back property line, within a few years they could block out Western Ave.

Coast Rider looks like it's running pretty good, and the video description said that's slightly slower than it will normally run. I'm not expecting anything amazing, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the best of Southern California's Wild Mouse coasters.

It may be only a family coaster and a couple of flats, but I'm actually really looking forward to checking out this new area in a couple weeks. Knott's has started to feel a bit stale lately so hopefully this is only the first of many new things to come.

That video would be so much better if it were of Perilous Plunge instead. #RIP

Said no one. ever.

Yeah, I think the park traded a very problematic water ride for a coaster with more family appeal--a good move.

That video would be so much better if it were of Perilous Plunge instead. #RIP

Said no one. ever.

Yeah, I think the park traded a very problematic water ride for a coaster with more family appeal--a good move.

Its was the best possible opportunity cost, speaking economically. How much impact will these rides have in attendance?