TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^That's what some people thought about the Backwards Batman until it actually opened.

You obviously haven't ridden Ghostrider in the back row the last few years. It's an intense ride, but turning it backwards wouldn't help it's case. In fact it would probably make the ride experience less enjoyable. It's also not as simple for wooden coasters to just "flip cars around". B&M's Chassis allowed for Batman and Swarm to easily be turned around, but PTCs are a different design. It would take way for effort than it would be worth.

You obviously haven't ridden Ghostrider in the back row the last few years. It's an intense ride, but turning it backwards wouldn't help it's case. In fact it would probably make the ride experience less enjoyable.

There's nothing that can make GR less enjoyable........It's horrible in every sense of the word.

You obviously haven't ridden Ghostrider in the back row the last few years. It's an intense ride, but turning it backwards wouldn't help it's case. In fact it would probably make the ride experience less enjoyable. It's also not as simple for wooden coasters to just "flip cars around". B&M's Chassis allowed for Batman and Swarm to easily be turned around, but PTCs are a different design. It would take way for effort than it would be worth.

I rode it in the back seat Spring Break this year, and it was no worse than than Colossus backwards, minus the more powerful laterals. Colossus was way better backwards than forwards, and the thrashing of the seats due to the unforseen forces actually added to the ride's enjoyability rather than subtract from it. I think it would add some more (good and enjoyable) intensity as well as some re-ridable qualities.

Just my two cents, even though I know there's a very small chance of Knott's even considering this.

Only thing KBF needs to consider for GR is a match. I rode GR when it opened in '98 and it was an absolutely amazing experience. Shame it's in the state it's in now. The park get's an "A" for effort as they're doing what they can with it by giving it 3 rehabs a year but still just isn't quite enough.

^They're not going to give up on it yet. GR is a classic and although it's probably the most costly to maintain, it's got decent capacity and it's still the third most popular ride in the park. The general public still likes it more than most rides at KBF from who I've talked to, although KBF really needs to wake up a realize that all it needs to become the best in the park is to get RMC or GCI to retrack it.

GCI did work on GR back in '04 and it was still rough as sh*t. Now don't get me wrong I don't mind a rough wooden coaster but it needs to be manageable. GR is in no way manageable. I would love to see the park go with RMC for a extensive refurb but don't see it happening.

Not sure, you'd have to contact GCI for that info. All it says on their site is "profile/banking & trackwork"

Bottom line: GR will NEVER be back to its former glory unfortunately.

Hi, everyone. I have a quick question.

I'm headed down to Knott's this Saturday to process my platinum pass. I am buying online. Do I have to pay for parking at Knott's on Saturday before I get my pass processed? Also, where do I process my pass? And finally, I will be spending at least 3-4 hours at the park on Saturday. Since I haven't been there in years, I wanted some opinions about what the best rides are and what I should be sure to ride while I'm there. Also, will anything (other than Windseeker and Log Ride) be closed Saturday? Thanks!

Hi, everyone. I have a quick question.

I'm headed down to Knott's this Saturday to process my platinum pass. I am buying online. Do I have to pay for parking at Knott's on Saturday before I get my pass processed? Also, where do I process my pass? And finally, I will be spending at least 3-4 hours at the park on Saturday. Since I haven't been there in years, I wanted some opinions about what the best rides are and what I should be sure to ride while I'm there. Also, will anything (other than Windseeker and Log Ride) be closed Saturday? Thanks!

You will have to pay for parking initially, but if you keep your parking receipt, they will refund you when you process the pass.

Be sure to hit Xcelerator and Montezooma's Revenge. Most of the major attractions are worth a ride, but those are two you don't want to miss, IMO.

Here's something that I just thought about, is Mantis Man still doing his daily marathons on Xcelerator? The last discussion we had of him was in 2008, and that was probably the last time I visited the park frequently enough where I would run into him. I wonder what his number is at now.

^Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but why would Bigfoot be under construction?

Not only are they renovating the ride, they're building a new plaza just outside of the entrance. It was all rebar when I went in the Spring.

I'd like to see pictures of what it looks like now.

Also, will anything (other than Windseeker and Log Ride) be closed Saturday? Thanks!

I haven't heard any news of Bigfoot Rapids recently, so I'm assuming that area is still under construction.

Was open yesterday, my brother got drenched and I stayed completely dry! Ghost Rider was closed though.