TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Xelerator Pics are good. Silver Bullet pic has some focus problems. What are you shooting with?

My Fujifilm Finepix Z. I would bring my better camera (my Olympus E-500), but it's ridiculously expensive and I don't trust myself to bring it to an amusement park.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

^ I asked myself the same question, buy then KBF put up a pic on Instagram captioned "Have you tried put our Giant Boardwalk Games yet?" Basically, they're giant versions of regular games (i.e. Checkers, Chess) that appeared to be in front of the wall by CoastRider's lift.

Does anybody know if Knott's owns the land West of the Boardwalk? I was browsing around on Google Earth to try and find a spot for a new coaster, and I thought that if the station/brake run is where the KoD building is, they could have a mega coaster extend across the road (like Goliath at SFOG) and in that area. I'm pretty sure they own it, but would it be possible for a coaster to go there? In Matt Ouimet's interview, he said that there are things planned for in the KoD building. Just some speculation...

^^ That would be a losing battle due to noise complaints from the neighbors. The better choice for expansion would to relocate the offices and storage structures between Ghost Town and the hotel, and use the parking lot that Ghostrider is partially in. Matt Ouimet stated on the podcast posted yesterday on Micechat that he is committed to refurbish the mine ride and put a new dark ride in the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building, so the next big coaster is probably at least three years away. Three years should be plenty of time to relocate those admin/storage buildings. The photo below shows how much space would still be left for parking on the west lot if those buildings were relocated; of course the options for coaster layout are infinite, I just doodled one possibility.

HyperGigga.thumb.jpg.fcbc3d075a1d0966d074d039b44ec886.jpg

Honestly, still don't understand what all the noise is about this supposed new mega coaster. Knott's has a solid collection of thrill coasters, and really does not need another one.

Agreed. I heard rumors somewhere about a Peanuts dark ride (it was on Screamscape or Micechat, can't remember). But I think I would be really excited to see something like that put into the park. Especially with the new direction they're taking, a dark ride would be more fitting than a giant coaster at the moment if you ask me.

Honestly, still don't understand what all the noise is about this supposed new mega coaster. Knott's has a solid collection of thrill coasters, and really does not need another one.

Agreed. I heard rumors somewhere about a Peanuts dark ride (it was on Screamscape or Micechat, can't remember). But I think I would be really excited to see something like that put into the park. Especially with the new direction they're taking, a dark ride would be more fitting than a giant coaster at the moment if you ask me.

This sounds good. I think a dark ride would be awesome considering there aren't any really in the park. Also, the current speculation of a 2015/2016 new big coaster sounds like a decent time frame to shoot for.

Knott's could definitely use a second dark ride. If this project does end up happening, I hope they go with something unique and not just another Boo Blasters ride, but anything to fill the empty space would be nice.

I have no idea what will end up happening, but this would be my personal five year plan for the park:

2014: Calico Mine Ride refurbishment & New Soak City attraction

2015: Topper Track makeover of GhostRider (at least replace the rougher sections, but don't change the layout)

2016: New dark ride in the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building

2017: B&M or Intamin Mega Coaster (not Giga)

2018: Camp Snoopy refurbishment (replace Timberline Twister and add a few new rides where Peanuts Playhouse used to be)

Knott's could definitely use a second dark ride. If this project does end up happening, I hope they go with something unique and not just another Boo Blasters ride, but anything to fill the empty space would be nice.

I have no idea what will end up happening, but this would be my personal five year plan for the park:

2014: Calico Mine Ride refurbishment & New Soak City attraction

2015: Topper Track makeover of GhostRider (at least replace the rougher sections, but don't change the layout)

2016: New dark ride in the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building

2017: B&M or Intamin Mega Coaster (not Giga)

2018: Camp Snoopy refurbishment (replace Timberline Twister and add a few new rides where Peanuts Playhouse used to be)

GhostRider & Mine Ride's rehab could be done the same year as a new ride like how the Log Ride rehab and Boardwalk expansion are done the same year. For the next few years, my speculation is exactly the same as yours.

I'm going to knotts for the first time on Saturday due to a birthday present from the fiancé and I have a few questions. Since we havent been to the park before and we have one day, is it worth it to buy the fast lane? It's $100 for the both of us. Also how are crowds going to be? It's showing 70 degrees on Saturday. Any help or advice on what to do (or not do)wcould be amazing.