TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

What rides, if any, have maximum height requirements? I'm 6' 6" when standing straight, but I'm about 6' 2" if I slouch enough, so maybe I can get away with some things. The only ride on their website listed as having a maximum height is Riptide (76", I'm 78"), and I honestly wasn't all that excited about that ride anyway. I was kind of worried that they had unlisted ones, because last time I was there, I met a guy in the line for Ghostrider who said he was kicked off some of the rides for being too tall. He was about 6' 8".

Some rides may be a tight fit, but the only two I know of that have a maximum are Riptide and Xcelerator. I'm pretty sure Riptide's is 76" like others are saying. Xcelerator doesn't have a strict maximum height restriction, but it does have a rule that your neck cannot exceed the top of the headrest. I'd recommend trying the test seat, and if you can reach around and touch the base of your skull above the headrest you might have an issue. Other than that, as long as the restraint locks you should be able to ride just about everything else outside of Camp Snoopy.

Vertical construction has begun on Coast Rider. No pictures but some of the taller supports have been put up as of this afternoon. No track in place yet.

They had one seaction of track up as of this morning.

Vertical construction has begun on Coast Rider. No pictures but some of the taller supports have been put up as of this afternoon. No track in place yet.

They had one seaction of track up as of this morning.

what.

Someone is not telling the truth...

There could be some track up but I was driving by the park so its possible I didn't see everything. Regardless, I'm glad there is some movement finally to get things up

Edited by G-Force!

So if I'm understanding this correctly, if Windseeker gets stuck in the future, they will wheel that huge yellow thing out to rescue the passengers?

Last time it was stuck, I think they were up there for 5 hours? I can't imagine this thing getting installed and rescuing guests two seats at a time taking any less time than that. I guess I'm just totally confused as to what its purpose is. as opposed to how the problem was solved in the past.

I'm pretty sure the Windseeker evacuation contraption is designed to evacuate the ride within an hour if the ride can't be lowered manually. From videos I've seen, it moves up and down the tower at approximately the same speed as a standard observation tower, so figure about five minutes per trip with four riders per side...8 trips total, about 45 minutes or so. It looks like it folds up for storage and bolts together similar to a carnival ride, so I doubt it would take more than ten minutes to assemble (I'm sure whoever would be in charge of an evacuation would be given proper training in contraption assembly).

I guess we'll either have to ask about this at WCB, or see if one of the Windseekers gets stuck before then.

I have a little info on the Windseeker evac system. It's Broken down to two pieces. They think they can store them buy Montie. When they need to use it it will take them about 30 mins to hook up. The evac system is lifted by a separate lift system with separate cables. They will rise it up take two guest off lower slightly rotate slightly and rise up and remove two more guest then take them back down and repeat the prossess. If the ride is fully occupied it can take up to five hours. This is also a last resort system only if they really can't get the ride back down. As far as I know they have been working on the regular lift motor but no word on if they fixed the issue of not being able to get it back down. Also the windseeker could be opening this week or by the weekend.

We're seeing a renaissance at Knott's, at last. So glad Raffi and Ouimet are in charge, they rock. About that Windseeker evacuation device... I'd rather sit and wait five hours, thank you very much; on video you can see it bounce and sway.

So after a couple of hours at Knott's today, I have a few thoughts I'd like to share before I post a legit trip update.

• Construction wasn't happening today. Coast Rider still only has one piece of track in place and about two or three on the ground next to it. Many of the footers are poured now, though. The tallest support so far is only about 30' though.
  • I was pretty surprised to see that Xcelerator and Jaguar were only running one train today. Those were the two longest wait times of the day. The purple Xcelerator train was clearly visible and dismantled right under the brake run, where the red, white, and blue ('MURRICA) train was running.
  • Xcelerator wasn't running all that good today; it was only running one train, it was really rattly, and the trains kind of feel like they're falling apart. At least it's good to say that the launch is just as potent as I remember it being.
  • Silver Bullet was running splendidly today. It was smooth as butter today, and for all of the talk about it being forceless, I was astonished to find my vision greying out during the final helix. I think it still holds a solid place on my top 5.
  • Either Ghostrider was in unusually good shape today, or I'm some sort of wizard, because I rode it twice in a row today without getting a headache. It went from being a 4/10 to at least a 6.5/10 within two rides. Still incredibly rattly and it requires some defensive riding, but it offers some fantastic floater airtime and I enjoyed it way more that I thought I would.
  • Boomerang was closed today for unknown reasons. The one time I actually wanted to ride a Vekoma, this happens. Does anyone know why?
  • If it's any surprise, Windseeker is still down and shows no signs of going back up (let alone with the GP riding it) for a few months.
  • I mentioned in an earlier post that I have ridiculously long legs (my hips go as far as 4' off the ground, regardless of shoes), which to someone replied that I would most likely have trouble on Xcelerator. The trains on Xcelerator were a surprisingly roomy fit, and so was Ghostrider, which I was a bit concerned about. The one I was most shocked about was Montezooma's Revenge; my knees were touching the seat in front of me. Still a good ride, though. Even Sierra Sidewinder had a roomier train.

I'm going back to Knott's tomorrow. I think it was a great decision getting a season pass.

Hopefully then I can actually post a trip update.