TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I just made an appointment to see a chiropractor due to the back pain I endured by just thinking about riding GhostRider 32 times...

32 rides on GhostRider and only 3 on Xcelerator and 5 on Silver Bullet... none on Montezuma? My mind is... I don't even know what my mind is, that's how bad it is.

The only part on Ghostrider that really bothers me is the bottom of the first drop, and the picture always shows how rough it is from my facial expressions. Otherwise, the ride has not seemed that bad to me the past year or two. I think the mid-course brakes do help that out a lot now.

^ So they had to neuter the ride to make it tolerable?

From what I understand, the majority of the maintenance that took place on the ride was in the second half of the layout due to the high speeds at which the PTC trains navigated that section of track. By installing and enabling additional trims before and at the mid-course, the wear and tear on the second half the layout is significantly reduced, allowing for less intense/frequent maintenance of the ride.

So essentially, the ride is more tolerable during the second half because of the lower speeds, and prevents excessive maintenance costs for the ride.

Went to the park today and rode GhostRider a total of 4 times without getting off. It seemed a lot slower for some reason.....the hill you climb before the turn around at the MCBR we seemed to BARELY inch over it every time........i don't know it just seemed too tame for some reason. This was the copper car, as they were only running one train.

Went to the park today and rode GhostRider a total of 4 times without getting off. It seemed a lot slower for some reason.....the hill you climb before the turn around at the MCBR we seemed to BARELY inch over it every time........i don't know it just seemed too tame for some reason. This was the copper car, as they were only running one train.

That's because they've installed trims at the top of that hill to slow the car at the approach to the MCBR.

Edit: VV You sure? There's a significant slowing right at the apex of the slope leading into the turnaround, along with what looks like the trims seen on other wooden coasters. You used to go flying around the turnaround, but now you just coast through it.

Edited by SoCalCoasters

That's just unfortunate. I loved Ghostrider in year one, and it's early years. Chatted with a guy who rode it 90 times in year one, think he was about 60 at the time. I was just so impressed by the ride. It was just great. Now, not so much. I still enjoy the coaster everytime I get to Knott's, but it is no longer a massive draw for me as it was "back in the day."

This is the only thing in Ghost Town we should be talking about:

Churro Factory- Come and get 'em! The Churro Factory is cranking out fresh churros! You can even get them stuffed with Boysenberry, Strawberry, or Bavarian cream or have one in a sundae.

This is the only thing in Ghost Town we should be talking about:

Churro Factory- Come and get 'em! The Churro Factory is cranking out fresh churros! You can even get them stuffed with Boysenberry, Strawberry, or Bavarian cream or have one in a sundae.

Definitely a more interesting topic than the "Ghostrider--Is it really all that bad?" discussion.

There's a significant slowing right at the apex of the slope leading into the turnaround, along with what looks like the trims seen on other wooden coasters.

I believe what you are referring to are anti-rollbacks, not trim brakes.

• 2 weeks later...