TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Not true. I get mad butterflies in my stomach going reverse through the loop when sitting in the back row. As a kid i used to hate it but now I love it and fully embrace it. I would recommend near the front row for first time... Sensation is no where near as intense.. Unless you just want to go balls to the wall with your first looping ride! D

Let me re-phrase that. The forces are no different going forwards than backwards and you won't get sick just because the coaster is traveling backwards.

I understand what you're trying to say. On Montezooma there's no big difference for me on the forces between going forward or backwards. But I know so many of my friends who cannot do any backwards rides of any kind or they will get physically sick after riding.

^ I would say that it is not as scary as you might think. But again if it really terrifies you the ride is short enough where you won't be on it for very long. Plus it's not like the whole ride is backwards.

I more then likely will try that one as my first.

I keep hearing Silver is forceless and boring, is that true? If I do try that where is the best row to sit?

As for Boomerang and Rip Tide, how bad are they?

I'm going to the park on Wednesday, how busy is it? I'm also thinking about going on my first upside down coaster there, out of the three what one is the best? My biggest fear is passing out, is that possible?

Expect lines up to 10 minutes for the major rides and a walk-on for everything else unless the park is bombarded by groups. Off-season weekdays are rarely busy and I've rarely seen longer than a fifteen minute wait for anything on one (usually due to one train operation, which used to be frequent but has seemed to occur less recently...when both trains are running, you can sometimes stay in your seat for several laps.

As for which inverting coaster is best, it depends what you're more afraid of. If you're more worried about inversions and don't want several at once, or you dislike being suspended with nothing below you, do Montezooma's Revenge. If you don't want a launched shuttle coaster, however, do Silver Bullet instead. Both are great rides, very smooth and are intense and thrilling but not over the top. Just whatever you do don't try Boomerang first. It is rough, nauseating, and probably not worth riding if you have to wait more than one train for it. My favorite of the three is Silver Bullet, but it may or may not be the best candidate for your first looping coaster.

And no, you will not pass out. You will experience strong forces (very brief on Montezooma's Revenge, a bit longer on Silver Bullet), but as long as you aren't dehydrated or physically ill you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The worst I've ever got was a bit of dizziness, but that was after several rides in a row.

I keep hearing Silver is forceless and boring, is that true? If I do try that where is the best row to sit?

Compared to other inverted coasters, Silver Bullet is tame, but it is still a great ride. It's not super intense, just a fun coaster. The helix at the end is the only point where you'll feel strong forces. The ride is most intense in the back (my favorite seat), but if you want an unobstructed view, try the front. For the gentlest ride, go directly in the center of the train (rows 4 and 5). Better yet, do all three and see which you prefer.

As for Boomerang and Rip Tide, how bad are they?

Boomerang is rough, forceful, nauseating, and may give you a headache for a while. If you do decide to ride it, sit toward the front and keep your head pressed agains the headrest for the whole ride to minimize headbanging. I would recommend skipping it unless there is only a one train wait. As for Riptide, the more riders the more intense it will be. If the gondola is fully loaded, the end consists of a series of six consecutive flips, all very forceful and executed rapidly. If there are only a couple people riding, however, you'll only get two or three flips. The inversions on this are much different than a roller coaster inversion. I wouldn't recommend waiting in a long line for this one, but watch it and if you feel like trying it, just do it. If you don't like it, you never have to ride again.

I went on Silver Bullet! It was scary at first, but at the end I liked it. I can't wait to go back on it tomorrow!

Awesome! Congrats on doing looping coasters! Did you try Montezuma's Revenge yet?

Not yet, probably tomorrow. The first loop was the scariest after that I wasn't that scared.

Trip report will be posted on Friday.

Thank you for explaining! I'll post back on here probably on Friday.

Is Windseeker open back up yet?

Windseeker is closed until Feb. 1.

They announced a date? I thought it was a wait and see sort of thing.

That's just a date they listed at their site. As soon as Feb gets near they'll post another date.

Here is my trip report... I spent half of Tuesday and all day Wednesday at the park. Both days where not that busy and I got re rides on many rides. I went on...

GhostRider (x32) I love this wooden coaster and it was also my very first big coaster when it opened.

Jaguar (x15) Fun steel coaster, this was my first steel coaster when it opened.

Silver Bullet (x5) My first upside down coaster! Loved it!

Screamin' Swing (x2) Fun ride, but why do you have to pay $5 to ride it?

La Revolucion (x8) I have never been on this ride before, but after the first ride, it is now my favorite flat ride!

Supreme Scream (x1) I'm not a fan of drop rides, but i've never been on this one before.

Xcelerator (x3) Great ride!

Sierra Sidewinder (x10) Fun spinning coaster!

Pony Express (x15) Great little coaster!

Log Ride (x5) I've never seen that Christmas theme before, but they did a really good job. Also one of my favorite log rides i've been on.

I also went on the train, mine ride, dragon swing, hat dance, merry go round, and sky cabin.

I wanted to go on Boomerang and Montezooma's Revenge, but I ran out of time.

How does an inverted loop on Silver compare to the loop on California Screamin'? That will be my next upside down coaster in a week.

Here is my trip report... I spent half of Tuesday and all day Wednesday at the park. Both days where not that busy and I got re rides on many rides. I went on...

GhostRider (x32) I love this wooden coaster and it was also my very first big coaster when it opened.

Are you posting this while in traction? I do applaud you for your endurance.

I wanted to go on Boomerang and Montezooma's Revenge, but I ran out of time.

You didn't "run out of time" you chose to ride GhostRider 32 times., Jaguar 15 times, and Pony Express 15 times instead. You clearly had plenty of time if you were able to do all of this.

Edited by robbalvey