TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

It was absolutely a top ten coaster. Probably a top ten coaster through about 2003/2004ish. Then every year it's just more and more sad as it becomes rougher, more braked, and less rideable.

I can ride it two times in a row. but three times in a row is just too rough.

It was absolutely a top ten coaster. Probably a top ten coaster through about 2003/2004ish. Then every year it's just more and more sad as it becomes rougher, more braked, and less rideable.

Even Solace 2004 I remember it being pretty rough.

Seems like all CCI's have gotten real rough with age. Either they need a ton of upkeep or they get really bad. Operating almost year round and being such a large ride would make that almost impossible. Sadly.

I first rode in 2002 and was blown away with how awesome it was. My last ride was in 2007 I think, and it was pretty bad. I think it's one that would really benefit from the RMC topper track. That great ride is still in there somewhere, we just need to find it. Would love to see Cedar Fair invest in an overhaul of the ride.

According to Mitch's internet woodie poll, Ghost Rider was top 10 for its first 4 years in 1998-2001. It stayed in the top 20 for 4 more years, and dropped fairly steadily for the next 4 years. It seems to have stabilized in the low 50's.

It still ranks fairly highly at 56, but that's probably because of a lot of people like me who haven't ridden it in over 5 years. So we can only base our votes on rides we got long ago.

Ghostrider SCREAMS topper track makeover to me.

Just as much as Georgia Cyclone screams it as well... wait... hehheheheh

Seriously, GC needs some lovin' of Topper Track proportions. It is a great layout, decent profile & has some very cool elements... but after being beaten into submission by it last February, I don't want to go near it again. OUCH.

After riding GC with the Topper Track, and realizing that it is truly amazing to see it come to life again, GR should get it. It would revitalize that ride in ways few could ever imagine.

Ghostrider ran the best it has in several years during Haunt, though it should deteriorate to its old self in no time. Topper track should be Knott's first priority ahead of any more new coasters. It did wonders for Cyclone at SFNE and a having a Top 10/20 caliber Ghostrider again would make it that much easier to live without that magical hyper or giga we always think we're on the cusp of getting.

Has anybody ridden GR since it reopened after it's recent work?

I personally haven't but I've found that If you ride directly (within a week or two) after a rehab you'll get a manageable ride but then it's back to "business as usual."

Edited by DJeXeL

Has anybody ridden GR since it reopened after it's recent work?

I have also. I think it was a couple days after it reopened, and honestly I didn't feel that much of a difference. That may be because I almost always sit in the very last car, but I dont know. I did notice that the brake wasn't as strong and barely there before the OMFG drop.

Now that we know what is going in PP's spot for 2013 it brings back the question: what's next? There have been rumors about a giga, Ghostrider rehab, and even a dark ride. But with PP's land being used it makes me wonder if a giga can be fit in with the need for the station, transfer, ect... that coasters require, as well as the lift. I don't think we will see a dark ride being added in next year due to a family addition this year and the lack of a space for one (knowing that KOD's building is already used and hazardous upstairs). So I guess that most likely leaves a Ghostrider rehab or some other large coaster being fit in some creative way.

I rode ghost rider 6 times in a row today, just to see if it's possible. It is possible to let your body memorize the course and go with all the bumps and make it ridable. But you have to be willing to put in the time to learn the whole course.

Now that we know what is going in PP's spot for 2013 it brings back the question: what's next? There have been rumors about a giga, Ghostrider rehab, and even a dark ride. But with PP's land being used it makes me wonder if a giga can be fit in with the need for the station, transfer, ect... that coasters require, as well as the lift. I don't think we will see a dark ride being added in next year due to a family addition this year and the lack of a space for one (knowing that KOD's building is already used and hazardous upstairs). So I guess that most likely leaves a Ghostrider rehab or some other large coaster being fit in some creative way.

Lets get through this expansion before we ask "what's next." Obviously no one on this board could possibly care about what's been confirmed, but at this point myself nor anyone could begin to tell you what's going on in the brains of knotts. We will see what's next when Knotts tells us. But don't expect anything for at least another 1 - 3 years.

I think in the case of Knott's, right now, nobody has ANY idea of what could possibly be next. Within the last few years they've TOTALLY changed their focus and I'd even go as far to say that if Silver Bullet was not at the park already, there is no way the current Knott's management would build that coaster.

I think it's safe to say there will be more improvements to the park, the Fiesta Village area is in dire need of a makeover, more improvements to Ghost Town. But as far as new rides, etc ... way too early to tell what the park could be planning.

I think in the case of Knott's, right now, nobody has ANY idea of what could possibly be next. Within the last few years they've TOTALLY changed their focus and I'd even go as far to say that if Silver Bullet was not at the park already, there is no way the current Knott's management would build that coaster.

I think it's safe to say there will be more improvements to the park, the Fiesta Village area is in dire need of a makeover, more improvements to Ghost Town. But as far as new rides, etc ... way too early to tell what the park could be planning.

Or bring back KOD, either way i agree that Fiesta Village needs something done... it's pretty plain

On the MiceChat interview with Raffi earlier this year, Raffi said they are looking at dark ride manufacturers:

Dark rides are big in the industry right now, and we have been talking with a few manufacturers about that possibility, just feeling things out.

http://micechat.com/blogs/in-the-parks/3322-meet-knotts-new-manager-disneylands-splash-woes-dca-construction-progress.html

So, we might see a dark ride at Knott's in 2014 or 2015. It probably would be in a KOD building (which would need massive renovations).