TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Scramber was removed at the end of Haunt of 07 and was kept on site for the most part.

One thing I am glad for is that this is in the back of the park where, unfortunately (up until now) there really hasn't been a family element at; you had Perilous, Boomerang, Xcelerator, Supreme Scream, and Riptide all in that concetrated corner of the park. I am excluding Sky Cabin and Wipeout. My take is that this will bring some balance to that section, too. Glad to see the Eli Bridge Dust collector, I mean Scrambler back as well.

On another note...

I love the color scheme... (too soon?)

Funny how everyone complains KBF lost its charm, and when they do something to actually make the boardwalk more like a boardwalk...people are disappointed it's not a 300ft giga coaster that would further ruin the charm of KBF.

My only gripe would be that these rides don't meet KBF's other glaring need: high capacity rides.

Funny how everyone complains KBF lost its charm, and when they do something to actually make the boardwalk more like a boardwalk...people are disappointed it's not a 300ft giga coaster that would further ruin the charm of KBF.

My only gripe would be that these rides don't meet KBF's other glaring need: high capacity rides.

I don't see much complaining- apart from a post or two, it looks like everyone thinks this is a reasonable addition for one reason or another.

I don't see much complaining- apart from a post or two, it looks like everyone thinks this is a reasonable addition for one reason or another.

Lame.

I'm fine with KBF adding another family coaster and not some dumb B&M (Hyper/Giga/ Mega/ Nega whatever), I'm NOT fine with them adding another fucking mouse in California. I was really hoping for more of a Zierer ESC-type coaster that essentially is a more thrilling version of a Roller Skater. Not the same ride that you can find up the street (Goofy's Sky School) even if they add an extra drop in there.

And having ridden the Larson Flying Scooters at Castle Park, they pale in comparison to the Knoebel's Flyers, but are still a fun ride that should fit in fine. Scrambler is always a welcome addition every time it comes back a different color lol.

I dig the 2 flats and their placement. I don't care for the wild mouse. They have "eh" capacity and there are already quite a few in SoCal. I'm not disappointed they are getting a family coaster, I just think they could have gone with a different type. They've done pretty good on the last 2 to be unique to the area and not a typical clone.

I find this announcement pretty underwhelming and disappointing.

As a thrill seeker, of course I would've preferred a giga coaster over any of these family installments. But that's not where my disappointment stems from... There are many family rides I thoroughly enjoy; I can go to Disney and be content all day, for example. So it's not that I have a problem with attractions aimed towards the entire family.

I do, however, take issue with general mediocracy in the form of uninspired family rides. A recycled scrambler and an off-the-shelf wild mouse coaster comprising 2/3 of this addition? In comparison to recent, exciting additions at neighboring Disneyland (e.g Cars Land) and SFMM (e.g. Green Lantern, LL:DoD, and FT), as well as Universal's impending Harry Potter extravaganza, I'm afraid KBF's future plans simply look pathetic in comparison.

The only thing I can figure out from all of this is that Knott's is trying to further position itself as a "low-cost" alternative to its bigger-budgeted rivals. From a business perspective, I understand that's a viable, perhaps logical, route to take in the face of aggressive competition; but for me, as a patron, I don't feel much of an impulse to visit the park more frequently.

Personally, I think the park has enough low-capacity, menial family rides. I think KBF is in desperate need of a sizable investment--not just in terms of cost, but one that demonstrates substantial thought, creativity, and (dare I say) originality.

I will say, however, that I like how they seem to be keeping the boardwalk theme! The retention of some water in the area will be nice.

Hmm, not a fan of this expansion. I don't think it helps the boardwalk feel at all, besides being vaguely similar to a county fair or something. As if Knott's is going to plant more grass and trees around the area! Would have much preferred Knott's to do some creativity with the available space. A scrambler? Throw it in the trash. Many, many flat rides out there that could have been chosen over bringing back the scrambler. The ride itself is just so visually dead. The coaster is a bland choice.

^^^ I agree it is, I think it would have been better if they went with something more unique to the area (Gerstlauer Bobsled, a more family oriented Mauaer Söhne X Car, or if they had to go with Mack's wild mouse, make it have a elevator lift like Matterhorn Blitz inside a lighthouse, oh wait this is owned by Cedar Fair. )

I have mixed feelings about this whole expansion. I was never in the crowd expecting a giga in the first place, so I don't have that kind of disappointment. However, like others have said, they could have done a much more creative family attraction. I definitely agree that the park is going to need to add something unique sooner or later if they want people to keep renewing their annual passes and continue to frequently visit the park.

The flyers, on the other hand, are a great idea! I'm really excited to have one of these rides nearby. I also am not too upset about the scrambler. Is it boring and uninspired? Absolutely. But with Knott's track record with that thing, I'm sure they won't hesitate to remove it again the moment they come up with a better idea. It's just been used as a placeholder for the last decade...

NO!!!!!!!!!!

Great, now both of my home parks will have a clone of the same layout. I really hoped it wouldn't be a clone and that the rumors would be false. I wished for something a little more unique or at least have a clone of a coaster not found in California. I'm doubting it's going to be different from Technic Coaster (LLC) and it would probably be the same ride experience. Plus, the lines will be much longer for Coast Rider than Technic Coaster since it is at Knott's and it's a new ride. Pretty much this mouse really has no value to me. I won't go into how bad Coast Rider is when it has a near-exact prononciation as Ghost Rider. I'd rather have them name it Wild Mouse.

I could care less about the scrambler, I rode the one in SFDK and wasn't very impressed.

Now, don't think of me being negative and all, there are some positives:

-This will greatly improve the Boardwalk atmosphere, the concept art shows the Boardwalk have a much nicer feeling without the massive Perilous Plunge.

-I really liked Flying Eagles when CGA was my home park and I'm happy that Knott's is getting one. I'm more interested in Surfside Glider than any other ride.

I'm all for Knott's getting a family coaster, but something as basic as a wild mouse is a bit disappointing...

Exactly. Practically off the shelf... one hopes they'll theme it out the wazoo, but I'm betting not. Sigh.

Happy with the concept (family focused, bring something balance & activity to the Boardwalk) but... but...

Sigh.

Kudos to the elevator-inside-a-lighthouse idea.