TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Why can't I just wake up one morning, log on to TPR, and read "Knott's announces Xcelerator will get non-painful Furius Baco trains for 2013!"

Who else agrees that that would be the best moment ever?!?!?!

Fixed....sorta. (that would take lots of reprofiling of the supports and terrain though)

Yay, another "Noun Verb-er" name! Let's see now, we've got Gate Keeper, Gold Striker, Wind Seeker, Ghost Rider (to be fair, this name was well before the recent trend), and now Coast Rider. Someone's playing some Mad Libs

Pro tip: Don't read too much into coaster names.

Hey y'all. I am going to Knott's tomorrow for Haunt. What kind of crowds should be expected? My hopes are that with it being a Wednesday night, and with schools in session, there won't be a lot of long waits for the rides and mazes.

It is my partner's and my 2nd year Anniversary. So we wanted to do something in the Spirit of the date for fun to celebrate!

Cyrus

^I'd be cool with that. But hey, if it is a giga, (Which it most likely will not be), then I could actually say "Roller Coaster 1 looks too intense for me!"

Yea for a giga coaster they can call it anything they like and even paint it purple and pink...I wouldn't care as long as we get one.

^I'd be cool with that. But hey, if it is a giga, (Which it most likely will not be), then I could actually say "Roller Coaster 1 looks too intense for me!"

Yea for a giga coaster they can call it anything they like and even paint it purple and pink...I wouldn't care as long as we get one.

A purple and pink giga really adds to the Ghost Town atmosphere.

Hey y'all. I am going to Knott's tomorrow for Haunt. What kind of crowds should be expected? My hopes are that with it being a Wednesday night, and with schools in session, there won't be a lot of long waits for the rides and mazes.

It is my partner's and my 2nd year Anniversary. So we wanted to do something in the Spirit of the date for fun to celebrate!

Cyrus

It might be a bit crowded considering that it's the last night of the event. I went on a Thursday night and it was pretty packed. I would say get ready for a descent crowd.

Halloween is traditionally one of the LEAST busy days of Haunt, especially if it's during the week. Parents are taking kids Trick or Treating, many other once a year parties (like in WeHo) and by this point pretty much everybody who's wanted to go has gone.

Halloween is pretty much the hard-core Haunt Fans. Should be a fun night, I was hoping to go.

I cannot say for sure, but I am making a guess that "CoastRider" will end up being the name of whatever coaster KBF has planned next. While I think it is a bit cheesy, it seems as if it would be a fitting name for a hyper/giga (if that's what they're getting.) It will be interesting once the dust settles from Haunt if they do make some kind of an announcement even if the actual ride opens in late 2013/early 2014 as they did with Silver Bullet.

Knott's Berry Farm Announces Coast Rider roller coaster

Additions to the Knott’s Boardwalk Area will include:

• Coast Rider

The 52 foot ascent to the top of Coast Rider will have everyone clinging to the handrails for the ultimate family coaster experience. The adventure aboard the ride gives guests the feeling of riding the California coast, but once they reach the crest, it is a harrowing journey down the 1,339 feet of track filled with hairpin turns, twists and spins.

• Surfside Glider

Taking the ride into their own hands, guests will pilot their own Surfside Glider. From a height of 28 feet, these two-man aircrafts zip through the air providing a bird’s eye view of the Boardwalk area as they glide over Boardwalk Bay.

• Pacific Scrambler

Everyone will be caught in the spin of the Pacific Scrambler, a family favorite and traditional Boardwalk attraction.

Ride Manufacturers:

Coast Rider: Mack Rides

Surfside Glider: Larson International

Pacific Scrambler: Eli Bridge

image.thumb.jpg.4d1d73baadaecd3ab1da4579c4d3d73b.jpg

Edited by robbalvey