TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ I just don't think they will put in another suspended coaster with SB already in the park. I think the space would better be used by some major coaster or a few intense flats and an El Loco.

Many parks have a large inverted coaster & a Vekoma Jr. Invert such as Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland, Movie Park Germany, & Wild Adventures, so I think there's no problem with two inverted coasters at Knott's, one large and one smaller.

Also, great report, SoCalCoasters.

^ I just don't think they will put in another suspended coaster with SB already in the park. I think the space would better be used by some major coaster or a few intense flats and an El Loco.

Many parks have a large inverted coaster & a Vekoma Jr. Invert such as Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland, Movie Park Germany, & Wild Adventures, so I think there's no problem with two inverted coasters at Knott's, one large and one smaller.

Also, great report, SoCalCoasters.

Don't forget about Dorney Park, who has three major inverts.

^^^It seems like a great event this year! Hopefully I can make it out at least once in my life...

Well SB is already like the family mine train of inverted coasters. I just think it would be kind of redundant.

Just because Silver Bullet doesn't have insane G forces doesn't mean it's a family mine train. Really, it just means you can re-ride it over and over easily. It's still a relatively intense ride for the general public, and I enjoy every ride I've ever taken on it.

At this point I think it's safe to say that if they're keeping the splash pool, it's for something major. From what we're hearing they'll probably be placing the family rides in the lift area of PP, but leave the splash pool alone.

^I'd have to agree that if you look at the park's coaster lineup, it's about even in the sense that you have three family/tween coasters (Jaguar!, Sierra Sidewinder, Pony Express) juxtaposed by four thrilling coasters (MR, GR, XC, BLT) so it's not like there's a huge shift either way if you add one or the other. My observation however is that the additions were not well staggered. I mean Ghostrider, Perilous Plunge, Xcelerator and Silver Bullet were all added in a six year period, and those are just coasters. Keep in mind Supreme Scream and Riptide also were birthed in that timespan (1998-2004). One could just make the arguement Cedar Fair wanted to hit the ground running with their newly accquired property. However With the expedited expansion of the thrill end of the park, I don't think it unreasonable for another family ride to pop up even after the back-to-back additions of SSW and PX. Would I LIKE to see that? No. I want an airtime hyper just like everyone else. I just wouldn't be too shocked if a wild mouse or nothing at all popped up.

I purposely omitted Boomerang cause it sucks. Twice.

^ Thursday should be a better day to go. I don't know what evil dead was as I got out of a line that wasn't moving. I think it was just the log ride with theming. Ask for a map of the mazes. Either go left to the ghost rider and go in those 4 mazes or go right to camp snoopy and go in the mazes on that side. I'd go to all the mazes as the line moves fast. There is one show...The witching hour at midnight. If your walking by look at it. It's only 7 or 8 minutes long...Don't bother waiting in front of the stage for it. You'll wait longer for the show then the show is worth.

I'll be going to Scary Farm for the first time this thursday. Which mazes tend to have the longest lines, and are there any not worth doing?

If youre a haunt/halloween buff, I would recommend getting the front of the line pass so you can do it all. If you go early enough, you can get through most queues without having to use the pass. Then take it easy later on in the night, ride some coasters, and then use the front of the line to redo the ones you really liked with the option of catching the shows.

Honestly, the thing that would dissapoint me the most if they installed a wild mouse is the fact that the park really seems to need a new-high capacity coaster. The last two coasters they have installed usually suffer from slow dispatches, and the fact that they often run single trains on them doesn't exactly help. A wild mouse would not be a high capacity addition. Therefore, if it is a coaster, I really hope it will be a high capacity one.

Thankfully, Knott's is rarely crowded. But, rides outside Silver Bullet are rarely run to their highest capacity. I would really like to see a ride that can do better than a spinning coaster with a four car train that dispatches every two and a half minutes.

^ I don't think capacity is their top priority. They are close to Disneyland and they are only able to operate full season because of the Disneyland over flow. We love gigs coasters and the like, but that may not be the best for their needs.

Every ride at Knott's only runs two trains to begin with. I've seen times where they are hauling ass, and I've also seen times where they are going painfully slow.

Edited by Jew

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when GhostRider first opened I believe it did run all three trains during peak periods. I don't think this lasted more than a couple years, and although the ride still has three trains only two are used at a time. Three trains should allow it to operate with two all year, but I do see the ride run with one more often than I would like.

I do believe you are correct. It would be nice if they ran three trains during haunt since they close Ghostrider for a pretty long rehab before haunt anyways. Maybe if this rumored rehab ever happens they will buy four trains and the ride can always run at max capacity and just switch a train out and in whenever needed.

^ That is true but every time I have gone to Knott's when Ghostrider is running two trains there is always a period of around 10-20 seconds before the next train begins to enter the station. It is just wasted time where nothing is happening which I am sure reduces capacity a sizable amount every hour.

Ghostrider is about 3 minutes long. However, It usually stacks with 2 trains anyway, so three trains would not do much. Although the crew is usually slow, they do have their good days. Yet, even on the better days, I have never seen it run three trains.

This is yet another reason why Ghostrider should get Timberliners. Those seatbelts really slow everything down. If this happened, they could efficiently run three trains. Or, I would even be happy enough to see them run two without stacking, which is not that common of an occurance.