TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

If people follow sceamscrape rumors about Knott's at this point....Your on your own! They've lost all creditability with me as to Knott's.

It's a news and rumor site. He's not posting these as anything official. Lance is only posting them as things people have been hearing and whispering about. Rumors are just as often false as they are true. The only reason screamscape would lose credibility would be if they posted something as a news story that was false, or if they miss-quoted a source. If anything, you are just learning not to take rumors quite so seriously.

Considering the park got rid of a dinosaur-themed attraction a while ago, I'm surprised nobody's considered bringing Dinosaurs Alive to Knotts. This is pretty much the only major CF park without one. Perhaps if they razed the old KOD building and replaced it with an outdoor walkthrough, it would be a smash hit like the other Dinos Alive attractions are.

I'm sure Knotts has plenty of room to work with regarding new coasters/rides. They managed to squeeze plenty of coasters on that plot of land. There's no reason why Knotts can't squeeze a few more on top of the existing rides/attractions.

Many people were disappointed that this attraction was torn down (Which i don't blame them). I agree with you, I think Knotts should re-open a Dino attraction themed like KOD. HOWEVER, I don't think its time for Knotts to re-open this type of ride. Much of the Californian Population cannot appreciate dinosaurs or even an outdoor walkthrough. So basically what I think is that this attraction is a great benefit to Knotts, just not the attraction we need at this time. Too many people cannot appreciate this type of ride unfortunately and Knotts would be losing money.

As far as other Roller Coasters and room go, the park is too small. Example: if the park was much bigger then Pony Express would be longer and much more enjoyable than just a 20 seconds ride.

Edited by TheSpartan188

Many people were disappointed that this attraction was torn down (Which i don't blame them). I agree with you, I think Knotts should re-open a Dino attraction themed like KOD. HOWEVER, I don't think its time for Knotts to re-open this type of ride. Much of the Californian Population cannot appreciate dinosaurs or even an outdoor walkthrough. So basically what I think is that this attraction is a great benefit to Knotts, just not the attraction we need at this time. Too many people cannot appreciate this type of ride unfortunately and Knotts would be losing money.

As far as other Roller Coasters and room go, the park is too small. Example: if the park was much bigger then Pony Express would be longer and much more enjoyable than just a 20 seconds ride.

I don't see how people in SoCal can't appreciate outdoor family attractions like Dinosaurs Alive. Especially families with children (because kids love dinosaurs). Dinosaurs has done exceptionally well at the other CF parks, otherwise CF would've just kept it at KI. Plus it would be not only a suitable replacement for the old KOD attraction, but it would bring some extra revenue into the park.

Space-wise, if Grona Lund and Indiana Beach can squeeze coasters into their parks, Knotts can do it too. Doesn't matter how big the park is. All that really matters is whether the park is willing to make room for other rides. Everyone said Cedar Point didn't have enough room for a new coaster and then they got Gatekeeper.

If people follow sceamscrape rumors about Knott's at this point....Your on your own! They've lost all creditability with me as to Knott's.

It's a news and rumor site. He's not posting these as anything official. Lance is only posting them as things people have been hearing and whispering about. Rumors are just as often false as they are true. The only reason screamscape would lose credibility would be if they posted something as a news story that was false, or if they miss-quoted a source. If anything, you are just learning not to take rumors quite so seriously.

Understood.

Here's my take.

What we have in SoCal is Disneyland for family entertainment and Magic Mountain for roller coaster thrills. Knott's is a spill over from Disneyland...But they are looking for their own voice. It's a small space and from what I understand Cedar fair bought them with conductions. So the ghost town area is off limits to build onto. They now have new park management I understand. Their main focus is on fixing the park up and the employees first. Forget all the roller coaster rumors..as they are just rumors. They seem to be building a new theme area and temporarily placing flat rides in. This is a rumor. This is not Fact.

http://micechat.com/blogs/in-the-parks/3322-meet-knotts-new-manager-disneylands-splash-woes-dca-construction-progress.html

I'm heading to the Haunt this Sunday night, since I get Columbus Day off work. Has anyone been there the night before Columbus day?

Does the holiday weekend affect the crowds much? I know most jobs/schools don't give Columbus Day off.

I mainly want to know if Fright Lane is worth it.

My impression of the Trapped maze is that it's a great first effort. I personally would like to see the puzzles a little more difficult to solve, but not sure how the anxiety would effect that; the mazes I have been to with more difficult puzzles (like True Dungeon) don't have the same scare component.

I loved Haunt this year, though - especially the homages to Halloweens past (the Mine Train, Unearthed, museum, midnight hanging, etc.) This is the first year I couldn't get to everything I wanted to see -- there was just too much to do!

Still hoping that Knott's will somehow get a coaster like an El Loco instead of a relocated clone of a wild mouse. I also hope that since the giga coaster project seems to be on hold at least for a couple years that Knott's will get a dark ride and a Ghostrider re-track in the mean time as well as those rumored flats.

Why is everyone automatically assuming Ricochet or Fly are being relocated? Mack Rides still builds these coasters and there isn't any reason Kings Dominion or Canada's Wonderland should remove their respective wild mouses.

If Knott's gets a mouse, they get a mouse. At least the large park version is better than a standard wild mouse, although I do agree it would be a bit odd with the same ride a little over an hour away. I guess the parks have different target demographics, and most of the general public probably wouldn't care anyway. While I would prefer it if the park got a new B&M or Intamin, or at least something on the scale of a Eurofighter, I'd rather have a mouse than no new coaster, and I'd rather have flats than no new addition for next year. I've got a feeling we'll see that giga by the end of the decade as well as a GhostRider overhaul, and with Cedar Fair already buying two new major coasters it makes sense for a less needy park to get something a bit smaller.

All I hope for is at least a worthy replacement for Perilous Plunge. I'm wondering if Perilous Plunge was taken out because it was going to be replaced by something big or that Knott's just wanted to get rid of a headache. Since KBF doesn't have much space for thrilling rides to not disturb Ghost Town, Perilous Plunge is a very valuable spot in Knott's to put something with a good size there. From the Screamscape rumors, it seems like a large park version of the mouse plus a few flat rides including the Scrambler would replace Perilous Plunge. Now, if this would happen word for word, I do hope that the flat ride(s) other than the Scrambler would be something good like a large park version of a Screamin' Swing, a Gerstlauer Sky Fly, or even a Larson Flying Scooters. Now, of course rumors very rarely go word by word, of course there's a small chance that there will be a wild mouse coaster that is a clone of the one in LLC, though I expect Knott's to get something maybe a bit better. I hope for an El Loco or a Eurofighter as they can be advertised about how it is the steepest coaster in CA and they generally aren't very expensive as Rock Bottom Plunge costed $3 million (according to RCDB) and Typhoon costed $5 million euros (RCDB, $6.5 million US).

^ I totally agree with you. Do we all think that the announcement will probably follow the end of Haunt?

I'm guess no coaster planned for 2013. I just can't see them announcing a coast for 2013 this late in the game. Designing the new area to have temporary flat rides and a new area makes sense. They can plan what to do with the new space and mark it out for a new coaster for 2014 as they are building it.

^ I totally agree with you. Do we all think that the announcement will probably follow the end of Haunt?

I'm guess no coaster planned for 2013. I just can't see them announcing a coast for 2013 this late in the game. Designing the new area to have temporary flat rides and a new area makes sense. They can plan what to do with the new space and mark it out for a new coaster for 2014 as they are building it.

Well if it is a large wild mouse then it could easily be announced this late.

Knotts isn't on a normal schedule. They could easily open this December 2013. I wouldn't count 2013 out just yet.

I don't see a coaster opening in 2013. I'm hoping for something more than just throwing in a mouse just to open a coaster in 2013. That's just not good business sense.

You know what would make good business sense, replacing PP with a duck pond.

I don't see a coaster opening in 2013. I'm hoping for something more than just throwing in a mouse just to open a coaster in 2013. That's just not good business sense.

You know what would make good business sense, replacing PP with a duck pond.

I don't see how people in SoCal can't appreciate outdoor family attractions like Dinosaurs Alive. Especially families with children (because kids love dinosaurs). Dinosaurs has done exceptionally well at the other CF parks, otherwise CF would've just kept it at KI. Plus it would be not only a suitable replacement for the old KOD attraction, but it would bring some extra revenue into the park.

Space-wise, if Grona Lund and Indiana Beach can squeeze coasters into their parks, Knotts can do it too. Doesn't matter how big the park is. All that really matters is whether the park is willing to make room for other rides. Everyone said Cedar Point didn't have enough room for a new coaster and then they got Gatekeeper.

Well I went to Knotts just the other day to ask why KOD was closed down. One of the ride operators that were inside of the aracde, where the exit of the ride used to be, and they told me that no one was going on. I asked why but the logical answer he could give me was, "Not alot of people are interested in going back in time to the dinosaur days i guess." As far as bringing it back, I wish they did bring back the KOD attraction. I loved this ride growing up and i'm trying to find a spot in the exit/enterance queue to sneak in and take pictures and hopefully put them on TPR.

Plain and simple: Knotts doesn't think outside of the park sad to say. Big fan of the park, just too.... cramped together.