TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ No one is bashing him we are just saying that when it comes to Knott's recently the rumors change constantly. I would rather him just post an update about what Knott's is getting once a month than once a week. One day we go from a Leviathan clone to a small coaster in PP's spot and then the next week to a couple flats. It is just kind of annoying to get excited about something major, then get a little disappointed, then really excited again, all within a span of a few days.

^ Or just posting every thing they hear out of desperation to get it right.

Lance is usually pretty accurate with his major park rumors, so I wouldn't go discrediting him so quickly.

As I have said before, he reports nearly everything that is e-mailed to him. Sometimes the people are really in the know, other times they are just making sh*t up. The fact the "rumors" keep changing so rapidly should tell you he really doesn't know what to believe either.

it doesn't mean people have to bash him for it either. It's a rumor site. I always take what's posted with a rather large grain of salt.

I'm not bashing him. I like the site. but it's just the rumors that are unreliable. He runs a great site as we all follow it.

On to different news.

It didn't take them long to remove PP - NICE ..

Anyone have a guess as to what park will be getting this? I don't miss it as the lines to ride that were an hour or more some times. I'd much rather see a new themed area with some flat rides or something.

2013 - New Attraction(s) / New Coaster - Rumor - (10/3/12) Rumor has it that the new family coaster that may be added to Knott’s could very well be a clone of the Technic Test Track coaster at Legoland California. As for the rumored Giga... we’ve got a new update on that as well below.

So..what the heck?

So when either KD or CW announce their mouse is leaving...it sounds like we may have a new destination for it.

If this is real, it sounds a lot like a corporate decision rather than a park decision.

2013 - New Attraction(s) / New Coaster - Rumor - (10/3/12) Rumor has it that the new family coaster that may be added to Knott’s could very well be a clone of the Technic Test Track coaster at Legoland California. As for the rumored Giga... we’ve got a new update on that as well below.

So..what the heck?

So when either KD or CW announce their mouse is leaving...it sounds like we may have a new destination for it.

If this is real, it sounds a lot like a corporate decision rather than a park decision.

CW's mouse has been consistently slammed every time I've visited the park. I highly doubt it'd be leaving, but stranger things have happened.

It'd be a pity if that ended up being their 2013 addition, hardly a comeback to anything else being built in the area lately.

Really, it feels like a wild mouse is the exact opposite of what the park needs, as the last two coaster installments have been more family oriented. Well, since SFMM is in a streak of installing gimmicky rides, and they are installing another for 2013, I would not be too surprised if the next installment to KBF is another small family coaster. IMO, it is nice that they are installing family rides, but I really think that two in a row is enough, and I hope that that is not their main market, as SFMM's market is in the type that will fall for gimmicks.

Am I the only one who thinks of the "Cartoon Wars" episode of South Park when it comes to these Screamscape rumors? Lance must be using manatees and idea balls with how often it changes.

^^LOL!

it doesn't mean people have to bash him for it either. It's a rumor site. I always take what's posted with a rather large grain of salt.

I'm not bashing him. I like the site. but it's just the rumors that are unreliable. He runs a great site as we all follow it

This was funny. When is a rumor reliable by definition of a rumor? Sit back and enjoy the ride. For entertainment purposes until confirmed....

"Obviously" since CW took their giga, Knott's didn't need one and was never going to get one anyway. The updated rumors make much more sense

If Knott's is going small for the next coaster, imo something like Lagoon's Wicked would be nice. Not really sure why they would clone that mouse from Legoland. If they are cloning anything from Legoland CA, it should be an attraction in the style of Lost Kingdom Adventure.

Would really like to see Knott's embrace being more of a theme park than a thrill park. While I know they cannot afford to pull off a Transformers style of attraction, would be great to see them develop a thrilling dark ride. Personally, I would take that back 1/2 of the park and redevelop it more into a themed area. For example, relocate bumper cars. Replace them with a much more exciting flat ride that currently does not exist in the other local theme parks. Second, the KOD building re-used as home to a clone attraction of Lost Kingdom Adv. Third, Vekoma's Pandora Box ride concept is pretty interesting, Knott's could use a signature ride to make them stand out. Fourth, both Intamin and Vekoma make flight sim attractions along the lines of "Soarin" over at DCA, be great to see Knott's incorporate a smaller capacity version. Imo, a row of themed buildings housing dark ride attractions like that extending from Xcel. down to the KOD building would do wonders for bringing the atmosphere of a theme park to that section of the park.

And of course, leave room /plan for the incoporation of the footers and structures needed for the eventual giga coaster winding above the park.

If Knott's is going small for the next coaster, imo something like Lagoon's Wicked would be nice. Not really sure why they would clone that mouse from Legoland. If they are cloning anything from Legoland CA, it should be an attraction in the style of Lost Kingdom Adventure.

Would really like to see Knott's embrace being more of a theme park than a thrill park. While I know they cannot afford to pull off a Transformers style of attraction, would be great to see them develop a thrilling dark ride. Personally, I would take that back 1/2 of the park and redevelop it more into a themed area. For example, relocate bumper cars. Replace them with a much more exciting flat ride that currently does not exist in the other local theme parks. Second, the KOD building re-used as home to a clone attraction of Lost Kingdom Adv. Third, Vekoma's Pandora Box ride concept is pretty interesting, Knott's could use a signature ride to make them stand out. Fourth, both Intamin and Vekoma make flight sim attractions along the lines of "Soarin" over at DCA, be great to see Knott's incorporate a smaller capacity version. Imo, a row of themed buildings housing dark ride attractions like that extending from Xcel. down to the KOD building would do wonders for bringing the atmosphere of a theme park to that section of the park.

And of course, leave room /plan for the incoporation of the footers and structures needed for the eventual giga coaster winding above the park.

The KOD building is a lost cause man. That place has been filled with rodents, cats, asbestos (From what i heard from an employee), and just pure filth. However, i agree with your idea. Intamin and Vekoma make really great attractions and yeah perhaps Knotts could use a "Soarin" sim which could Peanuts theme seeing as the park is Peanuts themed. But how can we build anything else in the park when everything is crammed together??? I love it to death and I believe its a great park... but its too small. So much potential can be done with this park but a vast majority of its being taken up by shops and show houses. In a nutshell, More Peanuts themed stuff but MORE ROOM!!!!

Edited by TheSpartan188

Considering the park got rid of a dinosaur-themed attraction a while ago, I'm surprised nobody's considered bringing Dinosaurs Alive to Knotts. This is pretty much the only major CF park without one. Perhaps if they razed the old KOD building and replaced it with an outdoor walkthrough, it would be a smash hit like the other Dinos Alive attractions are.

I'm sure Knotts has plenty of room to work with regarding new coasters/rides. They managed to squeeze plenty of coasters on that plot of land. There's no reason why Knotts can't squeeze a few more on top of the existing rides/attractions.