TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

That would be true, and you could fit those attractions in the space. However, they're keeping the pool, right? They would have to build your Eurofighter completely over the water. You can't just jam a 32-seat Screaming Swing and Scrambler right next to each other because A) you have to accommodate for both of their queue lines and B) you have to have enough clearance for the swings to, you know, swing and not kill anyone.

^^ Well the Euro Fighter could be build on the land part that PP took up while the flat's could bo on either side of PP's bridge with the Scrambler having water effects and both using the bridge as part of their queue and exit lines.

On a side note: What is the rumored capacity of an S&S El Loco 8 seater model?

The S&S site says up to 720 pph, but I'm not sure if that's for the 4 seater or the 8 seater. I'd guess the 4 seater, since the site doesn't seem entirely up to date, and I don't see any mention of Green Lantern. In that case, assuming the number of cars were the same, the 8 seater capacity would be double, minus some percentage lost due to increased loading times per car. So maybe 1080-1440 pph?

I'm not sure what the new theming area would be, If the rumors are to become truth. But One flat ride and one Dark ride would be nice. I'll go in a couple of weeks and take some pictures from the Skycab. I'll also see if I can see any work being done on Windseeker.

...Hanging - I hated it this year. It was very weak IMO. Maybe it's because I saw Bill and Ted first (and liked that for the first time) but I just didn't care for it...

Hmm, I wonder if this has to do with TPR favorite Jeff Tucker not writing the script this year...

Sad to hear though, hopefully the other new shows this year make up for it.

That's extremely sad to hear, Jeff has done a great job on the Hanging for years...I thought he was still involved in it?

I'm going in October, so I'll see how it turned out then.

^Yes but the problem with that is there are SO many rumors floating around that keep coming in before the last one has a chance to settle that gives the impression that maybe Screamscape is just takig shots in the dark. I mean it's not like the park is givig teasers that one can piece together. Whatever is in store for next year, the park is being pretty tightlipped about it ad I still wouldn't expect anything about it unitl November.

^Yes but the problem with that is there are SO many rumors floating around that keep coming in before the last one has a chance to settle that gives the impression that maybe Screamscape is just takig shots in the dark. I mean it's not like the park is givig teasers that one can piece together. Whatever is in store for next year, the park is being pretty tightlipped about it ad I still wouldn't expect anything about it unitl November.

I agree. They have their Halloween haunt. So they don't need the usual announce a major ride for next year at the end of summer campaign.

^ Or just posting every thing they hear out of desperation to get it right.

Lance is usually pretty accurate with his major park rumors, so I wouldn't go discrediting him so quickly.

I totally agree with you it's just the rumors are changing so often and I really do not see that happening much at any other park I am following rumors for.

Lance is usually pretty accurate with his major park rumors, so I wouldn't go discrediting him so quickly.

I totally agree with you it's just the rumors are changing so often and I really do not see that happening much at any other park I am following rumors for.

If I was to report That I heard from an employee that they decided to go with a Giga coaster and all the employees are excited...Would that get reported as a rumor at screamscape?

As I have said before, he reports nearly everything that is e-mailed to him. Sometimes the people are really in the know, other times they are just making sh*t up. The fact the "rumors" keep changing so rapidly should tell you he really doesn't know what to believe either.

Since this project has had rumors ranging from a giga coaster to a flat ride, I am not really willing to trust any source at this point.

I have no problem trusting what I ask employees. If I ask enough of them...I'll have a good idea. I'm just not going to post here about it anymore. Until I'm sure enough that it's worth posting. I'll no longer read sceamscape for information on this subject as there seems to be no fact checking.

As I have said before, he reports nearly everything that is e-mailed to him. Sometimes the people are really in the know, other times they are just making sh*t up. The fact the "rumors" keep changing so rapidly should tell you he really doesn't know what to believe either.

it doesn't mean people have to bash him for it either. It's a rumor site. I always take what's posted with a rather large grain of salt.