TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

It would be great to see the scrambler make a return as the Boardwalk seems to have the smallest number of family rides out of the park's five areas. Putting it where Perilous Plunge was would pretty much return the ride to its original home (I believe it first operated there as Whirlpool). If they are getting a coaster, it could easily be built above and around the scrambler. If they're not getting a coaster, then it would be great to see a splash battle or similar in the lake and a couple flat rides on the land portion of that terrain (the scrambler and maybe a flyers and/or a compact thrill ride such as a Top Scan).

Got this in my email from an online police scanner updater.

Los Angeles, CA | Other | Knotts Berry Frm | ???? | Buena Park | Knotts Berry Farm ride tuck with passengers on board last 9 | 2012-09-19 | 18:35 PT

And here

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/09/19/riders-left-dangling-300-feet-up-when-knotts-berry-farm/

That's cool. What program is it?

I don't understand how this could be headlining national news. Local news, sure, but national news!?

Directly form NBC's news report: "There were no immediate reports of injuries, Luong said.

Knotts Berry Farm is using its own maintenance crew to handle the malfunction.

Orange County Fire Authority firefighters were not called to respond to the malfunctioning ride, OCFA Capt. Marc Stone said."

I don't understand how this could be headlining national news. Local news, sure, but national news!?

Directly form NBC's news report: "There were no immediate reports of injuries, Luong said.

Knotts Berry Farm is using its own maintenance crew to handle the malfunction.

Orange County Fire Authority firefighters were not called to respond to the malfunctioning ride, OCFA Capt. Marc Stone said."

Must be a really really slow day today.