TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I'm pretty sure that the reason the woman slipped out in 2001 was because she was of unusual size. It's an interesting social issue. I don't know if anyone has photos of Perilous Plunge from when it opened, but if the rules said "this ride may not accommodate guests of unusual shape or size", the woman shouldn't have gone in the first place. Apparently she wasn't belted in properly because the seat belt was not long enough, and when the boat came back the restraint and belt were still in their locked position. Here's a source.

You could pass the blame to a lot of people in that case - I personally would say it's partially the woman for not thinking, "hey, maybe I won't be able to safely fit in the seat" and partially the operators at the time for not denying her the ride for the sake of her own personal safety.

The Hydro issue was a little bit different. The local court ruled that the incident occurred entirely due to operator neglect, and that operators of Hydro weren't checking the majority of restraints to begin with. Source.

And let's remember that it only killed someone who was fat and didn't fit into the restraint. Outside of America, I don't think this will be an issue.

I don't think that was appropriate. No matter the shape of the person, it's terrible someone died. The fact that you say "it only" killed someone who was larger, as if it's not some big deal.

That wasn't the matter in which I was saying it. Just stating that the only time the ride ever killed someone was when they were too fat and shouldn't have ridden in the first place.

^ Even if it were built with something like a dual station it would still get horrible capacity. I wen't on PP in July and they were running one boat just about every 5-6 min. Plus two of the seats were broken so that gives the ride an hourly capacity of about...264 riders per hour, just pitiful. Especially when you look at what it was estimated to be able to run at with full capacity: 1600 riders per hour. If this ride get's rebuilt it is probably going to Michigans Adventure like many other people have said.

^ Rocky Mountain Treatment as in Perilous Plunge will soon be turned into cans for Coors light?

I suppose as long as they promise not to retrofit them with four-point can opening mechanisms. Miller Brewing Company is already complicating things and throwing the can industry for a loop with their new punch-top cans that allow for a smoother pour.

I suppose as long as they promise not to retrofit them with four-point can opening mechanisms. Miller Brewing Company is already complicating things and throwing the can industry for a loop with their new punch-top cans that allow for a smoother pour.

The first beer you drik shouldn't be a problem....but once you start getting to 3-4, that can might get a little trickier