TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Park isn't wasting any time.

Wait, are we sure the ride is even leaving? Looks like routine maintenance to me... I see no evidence in that picture that the ride is going anywhere!

EDIT: Looking at it again, I can see why some of you think the track is missing, but with my engineering degree, I can confirm that that is merely an illusion. (Perilous Plunge for president, 2012!)

Edited by chickenbowl

What's with all this hatred towards Boomerang?!?!

Apparently the park forces some people to ride it when they visit; there by making them want it to be taken out. Also, it sits on a massive piece of land that you could build 6 other rides on! Don't forget the horrendous down times and cost to maintain the ride. Its kind like a black hole of coasters basically. So people hate is for all these 'real' reasons.

Or.... because a few just don't like it.

I don't think PP being scrapped as it seems that PP's parts are flat on the connector edges as seen in this photo:

pp.thumb.png.21de4768a0f244bd9877a651a26e81e2.png

Linky

It's kind of hard to see, but look at the edges pointed by the tip of the arrows, they are straight. PP's dismantled parts have straight edges.

People always talk about the lack of plant life in the area, maybe they are following what Disney did with Maliboomer.

The splash down would make a nice Koi pond and the bridge a good viewing/feeding platform. The area where the lift and drop was could then be used for some benches and some planters with nice trees. They could put a decent number of trashcans there swell.

Disney and Magic Mountain did it, Knotts needs one too!

If, by any chance, they were moving PP to another park, that could explain why they would be dismantling this in a hurry. Even if they aren't hurrying to clear the way for something big and new in 2013, they might be trying to move it and install it somewhere else in 2013. I still really think it would be a good addition at Michigan's Adventure.

People always talk about the lack of plant life in the area, maybe they are following what Disney did with Maliboomer.

The splash down would make a nice Koi pond and the bridge a good viewing/feeding platform. The area where the lift and drop was could then be used for some benches and some planters with nice trees. They could put a decent number of trashcans there swell.

Disney and Magic Mountain did it, Knotts needs one too!

As pretty as this would look I'd think the park would probably go more with a new flat or coaster.

I think there's very little chance of them selling the ride to anyone. It has a bad reputation and it killed someone. It's a black sheep, unless CF gives it to another CF park.

I'm sure a random park in Mexico would take it.

And let's remember that it only killed someone who was fat and didn't fit into the restraint. Outside of America, I don't think this will be an issue.

I think there's very little chance of them selling the ride to anyone. It has a bad reputation and it killed someone. It's a black sheep, unless CF gives it to another CF park.

I'm sure a random park in Mexico would take it.

And let's remember that it only killed someone who was fat and didn't fit into the restraint. Outside of America, I don't think this will be an issue.

And the ride ops failed to catch that and dispatched the boat anyway.

I don't think that was appropriate. No matter the shape of the person, it's terrible someone died. The fact that you say "it only" killed someone who was larger, as if it's not some big deal. I'm sure the individual felt as though they were fine if the actual operators cleared him dispatched the ride.

Lastly, this isn't the only ride of this type to kill someone. A 16 yr old girl was killed on Hydro at Oakwood