TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

This area of the park is going to look so different when I next visit in November. While I will miss Perilous Plunge, I'm very excited to see what will be replacing it. Given that it will likely be gone within two weeks, I'm guessing the ride will just be torn apart and won't be relocated, but we shall see.

It will be interesting to see if they jump right into construction of the new project, or just clear Perilous Plunge and let the area sit for a bit. That will be telling of what kind of project it is.

Looks like they are wasting no time saw this posted to Knotts Network Facebook page Photo Credit goes to Timothy Dennison

That's the most beautiful and most deeply moving photo ever!

You should get out more often then.

I was being sadistically sarcastic.... tearing that ride down is the greatest thing to happen since... the invention of the lap bar :b

It will be interesting to see if they jump right into construction of the new project, or just clear Perilous Plunge and let the area sit for a bit. That will be telling of what kind of project it is.

Or not. Look at SFMM, they had that area cleared for a long time giving the impression that something big was going to go in and look what ended up happening, but that's SFMM..... my point still stands.

You never can tell.

Since they started deconstruction so fast, I think they will start construction pretty soon after the tear down of PP is finished. The area is pretty much flat, and they are reusing the pool, so they know exactly what they are working with. When it came to tearing out Log Jammer, my bet is that they had to tear it out to do the survey of the area. There probably hadn't been a survey of that space since before 1971.

I wonder if they will announce before it starts to become apparent what it is.

Is there any word as to whether they are carefully dismantling this ride (as to indicate that this ride may be relocated) or are they just ripping it down?

A friend of mine just posted a picture on Facebook of them already starting to cut the steel structure.

Sounds like its getting the death penalty.