TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Also, could simply be the articles editing, but the wording is "A bridge and water" so there is still basically no information.

I'm hearing all sorts of silly rumors coming for this ride, from almost every manufacturer and or every design. I'm going to laugh my butt off if Knott's puts in a flat ride and call it a day.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

I'm hearing all sorts of silly rumors coming for this ride, from almost every manufacturer and or every design. I'm going to laugh my butt off if Knott's puts ion a flat ride and call it a day.

I can't wait for this to happen. It's going to be awesome.

I'm hearing all sorts of silly rumors coming for this ride, from almost every manufacturer and or every design. I'm going to laugh my butt off if Knott's puts in a flat ride and call it a day.

I was just thinking that. I don't keep up with this thread continuously, but when I check back, I'm always confused. It's always different talk about a different type of ride. But with them keeping the splashdown pool and bridge, I am exited to see what they do with it though.

I was just thinking that. I don't keep up with this thread continuously, but when I check back, I'm always confused. It's always different talk about a different type of ride. But with them keeping the splashdown pool and bridge, I am exited to see what they do with it though.

Well, realistically, we don't even really know what of the pool and bridge will remain. That could the writers interpretation or abridged version of the actual conversation. For the record, I hope the entire pool remains.

Also, could simply be the articles editing, but the wording is "A bridge and water" so there is still basically no information.

I'm thinking a Simon and Garfunkel Cover band called Bridge over Troubled Water.

^ This wouldn't surprise me either, although I don't think it would do much to attract people to the park.

At the S&S presentation at WCB 2010, S&S announced their Free Fly "X" coaster concept. If I remember correctly they said they had been in town presenting the concept to executives in the area. I know it's unlikely, and none of the rumors point to it, but it would certainly be an interesting addition if Knott's put one of those in.

freeFly.jpg.7f2aa447c374f97c2cf9fe6f81fb7340.jpg

Has anybody seen a bicycle parking at KBF?

As bad as Ghostrider has gotten, Medusa at SF Mexico was worse!! I think that ride was longer, or just seemed longer, it still haunts my dreams! Maybe Millennium Flyer trains would abuse the track less?

TBH most of the rides at SFMM have gone down the drain, i just don't want to say anything cause everyone will get all butt hurt, this is why i have a pass to KBF instead. (Well that and DL fireworks)

I don't care what they build as long as they keep it smooth, maybe i'm getting old? I'd rather get on Sierra Sidewinder than another bumpy POS. Psyclone was bad but couldn't keep its speed, so you might say GR is worse because it does! And don't even think of putting your hands up! You will end up elbowing someone.

^^ While it's a cool and unique concept, the nearby presence of X2 will undoubtedly cause the GP to denounce any type of wing coaster installed in California in the near future as a "lame version of X2". Even though the ride could be great, it would be hard to market to guests who will view it as inferior long before they ride; not to mention the waves of Facebook posts slaying Knotts for "copying" MM.

That design could still pop up anywhere else; Knott's just isn't the right place for it.

^ This wouldn't surprise me either, although I don't think it would do much to attract people to the park.

At the S&S presentation at WCB 2010, S&S announced their Free Fly "X" coaster concept. If I remember correctly they said they had been in town presenting the concept to executives in the area. I know it's unlikely, and none of the rumors point to it, but it would certainly be an interesting addition if Knott's put one of those in.

Wow, those look interesting! I didn't know S&S had a wing rider like concept. Have any been built?

^Well, S&S has technically built every 4D coaster since X, as they bought out Arrow when they went bankrupt back in the early 2000s. But they have also built a Free Fly, called Tranan. It has canoe-like seating - the Free Fly X that was announced is the same concept, but with a more normal coaster train.

Tranan: http://www.rcdb.com/4312.htm

^Well, S&S has technically built every 4D coaster since X, as they bought out Arrow when they went bankrupt back in the early 2000s. But they have also built a Free Fly, called Tranan. It has canoe-like seating - the Free Fly X that was announced is the same concept, but with a more normal coaster train.

Tranan: http://www.rcdb.com/4312.htm

Ah I see, thanks for the reply .

Driving (not actually me driving, just in the car, haha) past PP the last couple of days, I'm pretty sure they have started to take it down. There have been industrial spotlights on it the last couple nights, and there was a bulldozer or something like that there today that you could see from the outside. Also, the gate that opens up to the street in between Xcelerator and PP has been open too.