TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ It makes sense to remove the building if the other attractions and can be moved elsewhere and there is no better way to fit in a large coaster. Plus out of all the attractions in the building the eatery is the only one making substantial money. Whenever I go to play lazer tag there is no one in the building besides me and whoever I went to the park with. I understand your points about why removing this building would not make sense but I think it is totally something that should be at least considered by the park for a new, large attraction.

I see complaints on here all the time about how the charm of this park is getting ruined by removing things and building rides.

With that said, you seem to be suggesting they remove a historic building so a new ride might be able to fit, further ruining the charm of Knott's...... and this is ok?

that drag race ride idea or whatever is stupid , I'd rather them keep PP instead of getting that

Pardon? What idea are you referring to?

someone said something about a ride going from 0-120mph and then into the brakes. that's what i'm referring to.

Yeah, that was a joke. But now its even funnier!

Can you imagine.... what a horrible and lame ride. Launch......brake.....done, get out of the train!...lol

Um, a little ignorant? I understand Formula Rossa does have a big long trim, but the ride itself is over 6500 feet long.

I'm still pulling for an Intamin flume (Shoot the Rapids), Intamin water coaster (Divertical), or a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter in place of Perilous Plunge.

Also, it is NOT the easiest thing in the world to move a building. You can't just pick up all the facilities and plop them somewhere else. You have to build a brand-new building up to the latest codes, put in a whole new plumbing system...it's more complicated and expensive than you might think.

^ True but PP was a prototype. Prototype are kind of hit or miss on how they function. They can either be the start of a craze for that type of ride or make other parks think twice before purchasing one.

Also what is the capacity of a Euro-Fighter? I just don't think it would be the right fit for a park that get's crowds like Knott's.

After Pony Express, I want to see something more thrilling than some of the stuff mentioned here. The park has two excellent water rides. I think we can do without a third one for awhile. Unless they plan on a highly themed Euro-Fighter, those coasters are a no for me. They are fun but forgettable, and border on rough. I'm still routing for a hypercoaster or at the very least, one of those Mack mega-lite coasters.

I know Knotts isn't responsible for my enthusiast wishes, but personally I am tired of going upside down in So-cal. I'm also tired of overly short, boring "family" rides.

One interesting thing to note is that B&M only have 2 confirmed projects so far for 2013. They like to have at least 3 projects a year, and everything for 2012 was built and started operating a while ago. There are probably 1 or 2 projects coming from them that we don't know about yet. It could be Knotts but other than a compact dive I'm not sure what else they could get from them for this location. A dive would be cool but next to Xcelerator, which would probably be taller and already has a vertical drop, I'm not sure how visually impressive a dive machine would be sitting right next to it.

As far as an Intamin Divertical thing, something like that could work, but it would have to be unlike any that we have seen so far. If it had a long sloping drop right off the lift like the ones that exist, I don't think there would be enough space. One that goes directly into a twisting roller coaster section might work though. When it comes to getting one of these, I'm not sure it makes sense to take a ride out and put something so similar in its place. Yeah PP isn't a coaster, but I don't think they could put something in that has a such a huge coaster section that it would be incredibly different overall.

Whatever is going in PP's spot should have a good chance of having some water element too it. I think this because once PP is torn down or moved to another park all that will be left is a concrete pond that could easily be used for a splashdown of some sort, or a water coaster.

I doubt the concrete pool will stay, it would be most likely torn apart in construction. Also, many parks replaced their water rides with coasters without any water features (Intimidator CWINDS, Full Throttle). Right now, who knows what will replace PP. I heard discussion on an Intamin giga/hyper, a B&M giga/hyper, a dive machine, a eurofighter, & an Intamin water coaster. So, we'll probably be surprised when KBF announces PP's successor unless Screamscape accurately predicts what will replace it right before the announcement.

Can you imagine.... what a horrible and lame ride. Launch......brake.....done, get out of the train!...lol

You mean Formula Rossa?

V Yeesh is was a joke AJ.

Um, a little ignorant? I understand Formula Rossa does have a big long trim, but the ride itself is over 6500 feet long.

I'm still pulling for an Intamin flume (Shoot the Rapids), Intamin water coaster (Divertical), or a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter in place of Perilous Plunge.

Also, it is NOT the easiest thing in the world to move a building. You can't just pick up all the facilities and plop them somewhere else. You have to build a brand-new building up to the latest codes, put in a whole new plumbing system...it's more complicated and expensive than you might think.

No, not ignorant, just making a joke- something wrong with that?--- relax.