TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

My 5 year wish list for Knott's:

GR retrack+ new trains+ minor theming elements on first turn around.

Dark ride

Major coaster to take up PP's spot and possibly surrounding area and parking lot

Replacement flat for Screamin Swing. (Larger model would count also)

That sounds awesome.

My 5 year wish list for Knott's:

GR retrack+ new trains+ minor theming elements on first turn around.

Dark ride

Major coaster to take up PP's spot and possibly surrounding area and parking lot

Replacement flat for Screamin Swing. (Larger model would count also)

What no wish for a giga coaster or aquatracks

I really would like to see Knott's get a nice dark ride as well at some point. I know they were really hesitant about it in the past for fear of any dark ride they added being compared to Disney right down the road (And let's be honest, not many can match Disney when it comes to their dark rides). But I personally don't think they should let that stop them. A dark ride doesn't have to be Disney quality to be good. I personally like a lot of the stuff that Sally has done (side note: Sally's Night In White Satin: The Trip at Hard Rock Park is probably my favorite dark ride to open in the last 5 years... Too bad it only lasted 1 season before the park was sold). Raffi has said that they have had talks with different companies about the possibility of putting in a dark ride.

^ that looks pretty freaking cool. I can't wait.

Well if we're talking about Knott's dream rides, how about a Thriteen style Intamin aquatrax coaster occupying PP's place which has an indoor drop/darkride part that uses the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs space.

Since Scream scape is suggesting the ride will fit in PP's footprint, what if we got something more like Maverick? I don't know who wouldn't be stoked on that.

^ Obviously. Were talking about a coaster that could be built in 2013/14. plus they don't need to demo PP and KOD at the same time so really trapped is a non issue and could be dealt with later after haunt is over.

It's infrastructure that doesn't need to be taken out. It houses three year round money making ventures. There's no way they'd tear down all that down for a new coaster.

^ Im sure people said there is no way Knott's would build a giant red and yellow coaster on top of a lake and destroy the edge of ghost town. Look how that turned out. Plus the three things that are housed there could easily be moved elsewhere as well as Johnny Rocket's if they wanted even more space. As many members on this forum have said "if there's a will, there's a way".

^ Im sure people said there is no way Knott's would build a giant red and yellow coaster on top of a lake and destroy the edge of ghost town. Look how that turned out. Plus the three things that are housed there could easily be moved elsewhere as well as Johnny Rocket's if they wanted even more space. As many members on this forum have said "if there's a will, there's a way".

Easily moved? You're talking about a high capacity eatery, pricy Upcharge laser tag, as well as a large arcade, all located inside a historic Knott's building on top of which sits the iconic Roaring Twenties sign. Even you have to admit, that's a lot of infrastructure to re-do.

I would assume an announcement wouldn't be made about Perilous' successor until the buzz for Haunt dies down... The park put a lot of work into Haunt's 40th anniversary. Focus on the goodies coming now. I gotta feeling this is gonna be the best Haunt Knott's has done in most people's recent memory

I would assume an announcement wouldn't be made about Perilous' successor until the buzz for Haunt dies down... The park put a lot of work into Haunt's 40th anniversary. Focus on the goodies coming now. I gotta feeling this is gonna be the best Haunt Knott's has done in most people's recent memory

I agree! I'm so excited to see all the awesome stuff they do this year! I'm especially looking forward to what they do with Trapped and The Hanging (I know I'm not the only one giving One Direction a death-by-hanging stare ). This new addition of a Haunt Museum makes it even cooler!

^ Sure it's a lot but Knott's has moved/demolished large areas of their park before for coasters. Just look at what they did for SB.

Yes, Silver Bullet did take up a large amount of land, but it didn't have a huge impact on any existing park infrastructure that made considerable money. The reason the idea of tearing down that building is so outlandish is because of the amount of additional cash Knott's pulls out of it. The combined additional profits of the restraunt, arcade and laser tag/haunt space make this building far too valuable to tear down for a new addition.

Parks make decisions that will increase their profit, not decrease it. The reason they put a haunt maze in there is because it's indoors, and deteriorates less over time, allowing less maintenance to be done on it before next year. With it being an Upcharge this year, less people will be coming through it, and the maze will deteriorate less quickly. It's probably going to stick around for a few years, in the same location.

I don't get why people just keep giving this building the evil eye, it doesn't make sense to remove it.

^ It makes sense to remove the building if the other attractions and can be moved elsewhere and there is no better way to fit in a large coaster. Plus out of all the attractions in the building the eatery is the only one making substantial money. Whenever I go to play lazer tag there is no one in the building besides me and whoever I went to the park with. I understand your points about why removing this building would not make sense but I think it is totally something that should be at least considered by the park for a new, large attraction.

^ Knott's can still put thrilling a new attraction in the PP location without touching the building. Like others have said, a smaller layout dive machine coaster, or something similar, could work well in the space without interfering with any of the parks infrastructure. It would be a win/win for the park: a new thrilling coaster to help drive attendence, while maintaining profits from the eatery, arcade, ect. Looking at it from a business stand point, Knott's wouldn't need to go with something massive in the area if they could indeed build a dive machine coaster (no one is quite sure how long Busch's US exclusive deal on the dive machines lasts). Billing it as the "first coaster of its kind on the west coast," as well as the fact that it would be only the third of its kind in the U.S. at all, should be more then enough to drive attendance and compete with SFMM with their addition of FT. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bigger isn't always better. And I Knott's case, isn't necessarily the best business move either IMO.