TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I would just love a Sky Rush-clone. Speaking of Sky Rush, I wonder how many new Intamin coasters we will see over the next few years given that CF has installed several B&M's of late and of course, Six Flags has rarely built an Intamin at any of their parks.

I still have hopes that Knotts will have a new 2013 attraction. It hasn't been said if they will announce anything yet, certainly wasn't supposed to be today. They haven't even said what the deal with Haunt is yet. It seems like each of the Cedar Fair parks announces whenever is best for them, and not all in one go like Six Flags has been doing.

Knotts will probably wait until all the initial excitement over Full Throttle wears out before they announce their new attraction. It wouldn't make sense for them to announce the attractions simultaneously due to competition.

No need for them to have any of their thunder stolen by the Mountain.

Knotts will probably wait until all the initial excitement over Full Throttle wears out before they announce their new attraction. It wouldn't make sense for them to announce the attractions simultaneously due to competition.

No need for them to have any of their thunder stolen by the Mountain.

I'm almost certain that SFMM's announcement has zero affect on when Knott's decides to announce their coaster.

@SLUSHIE Knott's did say they will announce PP's replacement soon in their PR about PP's removal.

Knott's will announce new for 2013 "Lift: the ride", a heart pounding adrenaline producing thrill ride that takes riders up the world record breaking fastest lift on the planet. Launch up the 200 foot tall vertical lift at a 90 degree angle with only the sky above at speeds of up to 129mph, then crest over the lift hill and head straight down a beyond vertical drop with nothing but lap bars holding you in. After screaming down the hill the train will come to a quick and smooth stop with magnetic brakes leaving riders breathless and thinking "wtf just happened?" The entire ride, lasting 32 seconds will leave thrill seekers wanting more as they return to ride again and again in the sleek 48 passenger trains. This ride will feature 4 trains so at least two will be loaded at all times. The launch will feature the Intamin designed 'cable of death' hydraulic launch system to add even more excitement and also be the only vertical hydraulic launch ever built. This ride will replace Perilous Plunge and will neatly fit its footprint so as not to disturb the surrounding area.

And they both could have their drink sponsor, continuing the proud tradition of coasters themed to soda.

I'm still hoping Knott's can bring a top tier coaster to California, but after Full Throttle and recent rumors (Intamin Giga -> B&M Giga -> something small-ish -> ?), I'm setting my expectations very low. Like, "launching directly into brake-run" or "upcharge scrambler" low.

That's funny.

And going over the lift hill you would experience brief extreme ejector air.

"Launch directly into the brake run"...that's another good one. 0 to 129mph in 4 seconds then 129mph to 0 in..... 4 seconds. Wow an 8 second ride....awesome!

That could easily be themed to whiplash.

"Launch directly into the brake run"...that's another good one. 0 to 129mph in 4 seconds then 129mph to 0 in..... 4 seconds. Wow an 8 second ride....awesome!

I think it's premier that makes those drag racing rides. This could be done!

The dragster ride is based on funny cars (see picture). Each vehicle will carry two individuals and accelerate from 0 to 120+ mph making the attraction the fastest thrill ride in the world. Presently the layout is in the 500 to 600 foot long range.

I'm putting on the table that a Eurofighter might replace PP, it can easily fit in that area and can be marketed as California's steepest coaster. Plus, there's a good chance it would provide very good airtime on the first drop since Gerstlauer is putting lab bars on their Eurofighters nowadays.