TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

On a more serious note, If it's rumored that an attraction is to replace Perilous and will only take up that space, could the adjacent COasters be removed as well? I mean the park did remove fiesta BBQ for Windseeker, and you can can get burgers and chcken on either side of that place now in Johnny Rockets and Boardwal BBQ. So I could totally see this place being removed to open up some space, which would then open up even more space. Of course these are all rumors and maybe the 2013 project is just bringing back reflection lake and giving it a beach theme

^^ I've also felt that Johnny Rockets and Coasters was a bit repetitive.

Honestly, I'd MUCH rather them take out the Johnny Rockets, but since that building isn't going anywhere I'd say just get rid of Johnny Rockets and make that "Coasters".

I don't see it going anywhere though if I'm being honest.

Looking at the overhead shot on google maps, if they took out coasters and PP, your looking at a fairly big plot of land. Then you could have the coaster wrap around the skytower (one more reason they opted to keep it), and you could fit a good sized ride here. Still hoping on the giga though

I just enjoy how Screamscape has a new rumor every week. Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't disappoint. Knott's has a real knack for disappointing which is a shame considering it's so close to where I live.

^ I wouldn't say that they always disappoint. It is more that they haven't put in a large attraction in a while which makes me hope that they will either have a string of medium new projects (GR rehab + trains, dark ride, PP replacement ride) or put in one large, giant attraction that will just blow us all away. Either way works with me.

Anyone else on here going to Micechat's haunt event? Just purchased my tickets today! I went last year with TPR and had an amazing time so I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going.

I'll be there

Me too - did you guys get the Trapped add-on for the end of the night?

Yes I did! . Very excited for it this year and the whole event itself.

^I liked that Boomerang okay, but it's definitely only a credit ride. Wouldn't miss it. There are probably only a couple Boomerangs I've ridden multiple times in a visit, and I think there's only one I've ridden alone on multiple visits.

For some reason I'm feeling the Dive Machine/Mini Dive Machine rumors more now.

^You really never know, for all you know they could have made some deal with Intamin to 'upgrade' to their latest splashdown boat!

Are you hinting at an aquatrax or journey to atlantis type ride? Or simply SEFK?

i think she is talking more Divertical, cuz that would be amazing

I miss Windjammer If they really wanted to put in Accelerator or whatever it's called so badly, why didn't they get rid of that boring log flume?

My guess is because that "boring log flume" is a classic attraction, one of the FIRST REAL RIDES opened at KBF. You'd really want them to get rid of a piece of history?

I miss Windjammer If they really wanted to put in Accelerator or whatever it's called so badly, why didn't they get rid of that boring log flume?

My guess is because that "boring log flume" is a classic attraction, one of the FIRST REAL RIDES opened at KBF. You'd really want them to get rid of a piece of history?

It's sarcasm.

Edited by SoCalCoasters

For some reason I'm feeling the Dive Machine/Mini Dive Machine rumors more now.

With my limited Dive Machine experience being fairly positive, I would totally be down for one at Knott's. I think the mini one like Krake would be a great fit for the park.

Randomly went to the park today with a friend and it was a great day! Got there around 12:30 after lunch and noticed the park was absolutely DEAD!

Everything was a walk-on w/ max 2 train wait! Around 2pm just as we got off Windseeker, the park closed done all the ride operations throughout the park for about 30 minutes due to an apparent earthquake. But they got everything back and running rather quick, so everything worked out.

Overall a great day! Ghostrider was the only ride that was closed. Silver Bullet and Xcelerator were both running two trains. Stayed for about 4 hours.

Sierra Sidewinder 1x

Montezuma Revenge 2x

Silver Bullet 3x

Windseeker 2x

Supreme Scream 2x

Log Ride 1x

Xcelerator 4x

Boomerang 1x

^I was there yesterday as well. I was very surprised how empty the park was, as I expected moderate crowds (30-45 minute waits), but everything except the water rides and Sierra Sidewinder was practically a walk-on. I was also impressed that the park was running two trains where possible (including 2 trains on the Mine Ride and 2 towers on Supreme Scream) even though there were no lines. I was there opening until about 3, and accomplished my objectives for the visit (final rides on Perilous Plunge).

That earthquake closure was weird, especially since I didn't feel anything. I'm just glad the park was able to get everything back up within 45 minutes. It was funny listening to guesses as to why everything was closed. A few people (who I kept running into throughout the day) thought somebody died in the park.

Sarcasm...

I think he missed the context of the post, it went on for at least one whole page...