TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I think the chicken is the same as it's been ever since we started going to the park 15 years ago. We go there every time we hit up Knott's and the chicken is very favorable to the chicken restaurants in Frankenmuth, MI which are some of the best in the country.

We almost always go to the park in early October every year. Ghostrider has always ran quite well then since it's just come off rehab. It's definintely not as rough as many other wooden coasters we've ridden around the country. Any wooden roller coaster over 100 feet is going to tear itself apart fast. With Knott's being a year round park it's always going to have months that are rougher as gets further away from the last rehab. I still don't see why the ride gets the hate it does.

Jim

To clarify, I don't think the chicken is bad. I just think you can tell that Cedar Fair has changed some things from the original recipe (I'm guessing where they sourced things from probably changed).

They've recently made a big push to improve food offerings in the park, so hopefully that means the chicken dinner can return to a higher quality recipe.

^ Agreed. I never complain as much as my friends about the roughness and truly think that it adds some atmosphere to the ride. It makes me think that i'm actually in a mine car and about to hurtle to my death.

So would you trade the "atmosphere" for a smooth re-rideable coaster?

^^That's just what people say when they don't know how a wooden coaster runs when it's actually "smooth."

A smooth wooden coaster doesn't run like a steel coaster. It is still out of control, just not trying to break your back. Maybe someday they can get GhostRider to run like Boulder Dash runs!

^^That's just what people say when they don't know how a wooden coaster runs when it's actually "smooth."

A smooth wooden coaster doesn't run like a steel coaster. It is still out of control, just not trying to break your back. Maybe someday they can get GhostRider to run like Boulder Dash runs!

Well what GR really needs is better trains, a re-tracking job, and maybe some theming elements on that first turnaround to add some story to the ride. Like maybe enclose the turn around out of the station and make it look like a mine that's about to blow up and then your only way out is this crazy mine track that has never been used. It would be pretty cool.

Completely agreed. Some may be surprised to hear me say this...but there's nothing wrong with a smooth wooden coaster. And they're not all that rare, either. I've come across them in a variety of shapes, sizes, and ages.

Completely agreed. Some may be surprised to hear me say this...but there's nothing wrong with a smooth wooden coaster. And they're not all that rare, either. I've come across them in a variety of shapes, sizes, and ages.

Yep. I've never understood why some believe that wooden coasters need to beat the crap out of riders to be any good.

Anyone else on here going to Micechat's haunt event? Just purchased my tickets today! I went last year with TPR and had an amazing time so I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going.

I'll be there.

Awesome! Can't wait to see you there .

Xcelerator is excellent, although I like Storm Runner more for the obvious fact it does more after the launch and top hat. Montezooma was running great, I hope they're able to keep it going for decades to come. (My first upside down coaster was King Kobra at K.D., so it's sentimental.)

Ghost Rider was not fun. There is a lot of potential there, I'd rather see Knotts invest in Topper Track than build a new coaster. Six Flags, for better or worse, is trying to remedy some of their deteriorated rides, it would be nice for Cedar Fair to fix some of their not-so-good behemoths.

I read a review of Silver Bullet that called it the "family mine train of inverted coasters." My favorite inverted in California is Flight Deck, it's not as G-force intense as Batman but it almost has a great first drop (in the back seat) and I like the pacing more. Silver Bullet doesn't do much for me although the overbank is nice.

I was surprised by the minerals shop, there were some unusual rocks and fossils in there. It wasn't was I was expecting to see in an amusement park.

If Cedar Fair is planning to improve food offerings I respectfully suggest they redo the recipe for their jams and jellies. I grow several types of berries in my garden and wanted to try their "famous" berries. I was going to buy some but then noticed that high fructose corn syrup was an ingredient, a substance I don't eat. See the film "King Corn" for details.

If Cedar Fair is planning to improve food offerings I respectfully suggest they redo the recipe for their jams and jellies. I grow several types of berries in my garden and wanted to try their "famous" berries. I was going to buy some but then noticed that high fructose corn syrup was an ingredient, a substance I don't eat. See the film "King Corn" for details.

I don't think Cedar Fair has any control over the Knott's grocery store product line. I think they are owned by Smucker.

I don't think Cedar Fair has any control over the Knott's grocery store product line. I think they are owned by Smucker.

If Smucker's is the contractor for Knotts / Cedar Fair they could tell Smucker to take out the corn syrup (which is made with a bit of sulfuric acid, among other things that are not good for you).

I'd love to see a small berry patch somewhere at Knott's showing people how berries are grown, perhaps with samples of fresh berries when they are in season. They could even sell berry plants in the gift shop.

I don't recall seeing any rides at Knott's Berry Farm themed to berries. The Raspberry Rollercoaster? Boysenberry Bumpercars?

If Smucker's is the contractor for Knotts / Cedar Fair they could tell Smucker to take out the corn syrup (which is made with a bit of sulfuric acid, among other things that are not good for you).

I'd love to see a small berry patch somewhere at Knott's showing people how berries are grown, perhaps with samples of fresh berries when they are in season. They could even sell berry plants in the gift shop.

I don't recall seeing any rides at Knott's Berry Farm themed to berries. The Raspberry Rollercoaster? Boysenberry Bumpercars?

Berry Blasters on Berry Hill instead of Boo Blasters on Boo Hill!

Quoted because I love this idea.