TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

The neglet GhostRider gets just makes me cry it was so epic!!!!

This rides not neglected at all. I use to walk under the ride almost every day from 2007-summer 2011 and they do work on it all the time, i've seen them replacing wood hours before the park opened so it was running that day. Poor thing just hasn't aged well at all.

Unless injuries start to increase then the park may have no choice if they can't do something about it.

Like the poor girl that came back with a really bloody nose. I did not ride with her so I don't know exactly how it happened (I'm thinking maybe her partner had his hands up and somehow smacked her in the face by accident as she could not have possibly hit the restraint or any part of the car), but I can't help but wonder if the ride wasn't so rough if this would have happened at all.

As it is now it is VERY rough, like a wood version of a TOGO coaster.

Woah I thought they just didn't treat GR well, hence why it is in even worse condition that even Colossus...

Either way, this ride USED to be a major staple, like one of the biggest coaters there. It still has potential, just I haven't seen the park showing it off in recent years for good reason. I just remember it being way more advertised when I was younger, and that was still some years after the opening and after Silver Bullet opened.

Whenever I go to the park GR always has the longest ride in the park. Also it is an icon for the park when you are walking around as you can see its wooden structure from just about anywhere. Totally a staple for the park and if it wasn't they wouldn't be considering a rehab, they would just tear it down.

When I first went to Knott's back around 2004 I was so excited to see a big wooden coaster in California. It looked great, had a cool theme and was in a great location. I was so disappointing that it beat the hell out of me. There are parts of the ride that just jackhammer your spine.

I know many people don't like seeing the wooden coasters taken over with topper track, but I'm hoping Cedar Fair takes a queue from Six Flags and makes use of this structure and have Rocky Mountain transform it. It has a really cool layout and is an eye-catcher, just needs a lot of love and oh yeah... money.

While TPR won't be able to take part in this year's event (remember, we're Orlando-based now!), MiceChat is once again putting on their annual Haunt event, and we'd encourage everyone to check it out;

Details are here: http://micechat.com/store/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&path=60&product_id=69

The date is Sept 22nd.

Have fun, guys!

--Robb

I know many people don't like seeing the wooden coasters taken over with topper track, but I'm hoping Cedar Fair takes a queue from Six Flags and makes use of this structure and have Rocky Mountain transform it. It has a really cool layout and is an eye-catcher, just needs a lot of love and oh yeah... money.

I think most of us have no problem when a rough coaster gets some topper track loving.

Edited by Moose

I miss Wacky Soap Box Racers. Who is with me?

Are you saying Windjammer wasn't a worthy replacement?

I think taking out the Soap Box Racers was one of the bigger mistakes the park ever made. I always wondered if there was more to the story of why they were removed because people loved them.

I would love to see the park do some serious work on Ghostrider to being it back to its former glory. I never had the chance to ride it when it was in its prime.

I couldn't agree more. As I've told people for a long time, Ghostrider circa 1999 is still my favorite wood coaster. It was really a fantastic ride!

Ghost Rider opening year was amazing. Compared to what it was, it has deteriorated, there is no denying that. But I still hold to the fast that its not nearly as bad as A LOT of other woodies out there. I think the park is doing an OK job on keeping it at least ride-able. Where parks like Canada's Wonderland has two extremely awful wood coasters that literally punched me over and over through the whole ride.

^Wild Beast - ow! But saying Ghostrider is better than that pile of kindling isn't saying much. Sure, a punch in the gut might not hurt as bad as a kick in the nuts - they're both awful. The shame is GR used to be world class.