TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I just went on Ghostrider and never ever have I felt like a ride was going to fly apart. It was like the train was jumping around and hydroplaning everywhere. It was the biggest, roughest, piece of s**t I have ever been on. Omg awful and I never say that about any ride.

But the fried chicken dinner was Sooo good.

Edited by Tmcdllr

I just went on Ghostrider and never ever have I felt like a ride was going to fly apart. It was like the train was jumping around and hydroplaning everywhere. It was the biggest, roughest, piece of s**t I have ever been on. Omg awful and I never say that about any ride.

What seat did you ride in?

I've always found that the ride was MUCH smoother towards the front, with the front row being the best.

I rode in the middle.

It was just a bad overall experience. Took an hour to get to the front of the line only to have to wait for heck riders then a poor girl that somehow got.a bloody nose, then the ride was terrible. If it wasn't so damn rough the doped and drops would make it a lot of fun.

I guess it's been a few years but I never thought Ghostrider was that bad. I've been on a bunch that were way worse, though I guess most of those aren't around anymore. I've always found it enjoyable and I'm not sure what all the hate is about.

I don't see the boomerang going away right now, and I for sure don't see multiple rides being taken out to be replaced with one new thing, no matter how much 'better' it would be. Knott's really just isn't big enough for more major roller coasters and I don't want to see them try.

GhostRider actually sent me to first aid once.....and this was from hyperextending my neck on a ride in the second row. For a long time, it was my #1 wooden coaster-until I rode Thunderhead at Dollywood for the first year. GhostRider is still in my top ten (down a few notches below Thunderhead, Apocalanator at SFMM, and GASM at SFOG) and the main reason it fell was the way they started trimming it on the mid course last year before I moved from So Cal and the fact that I would only get a tolerable ride in the very front row and even that was hit and miss. It's a shame, because GhostRider to me was once an awesome wooden coaster.

I apologize for hating on GR but it was just awful for me. I wish it would have been better. Silver Bullet was a lot of fun ans the park as a whole was just, the only word I can think of is incredible. Really neat park especially at night and ghost town was really cool with the train and the cowboys scaring people.

If Knotts added an airtime Skyrush like monster to PP area and gave Ghostrider the full topper track treatment, this could easily be my favorite park in CA, then if they added a dark ride that would bring this park to total perfection IMO!!!

I also like the Divertical idea maybe with a steeper drop or would that take away from it being a thrill ride but still appealing to families probably so, but I'd still rather see something like Divertical over a B&M dive machine.

I'm gonna go ahead and pile on Ghostrider...

Rode it for the first time in June, and it was one of the worst coasters I've ever been on. It's likely in my bottom 5 overall, and definitely one of my three least favorite wooden coasters. If I ever go back there, the only chance it stands of me riding it again would be if it got the topper track treatment, otherwise, burn it down.

I think that Ghostrider is definitely a ride that I'd describe as aggressive but unlike some other rough rides (KD's Hurler, Thunder Road) it actually does something and isn't really that rough if you ride towards the front and in the back it's rough but not unbearable and when I last rode it (at WCB 2012) it was better than Voyage's last half when I rode it about two weeks ago. The MCBR trimming is just really sad though.

But the fried chicken dinner was Sooo good.

Nice segue.

Oh look a puppy!

It wouldn't be so bad if Knotts had another "better" representation of wood elsewhere like most parks do. But if you like wooden coasters and you visit Knotts Berry Farm, Ghostrider is it! You'd think with just one wooden coaster, they'd put more money into keeping it ridable.

Sad day when both of SFMM's wood coasters are better than Knotts.

^^^^That would be sick!!

The most frustrating part about GhostRider was I knew it would be a quality wooden coaster cuz it's length, but its so f***ing bumpy! Not even like Colossus bumpy, like^^^^it feels like it's gunna fall apart because it feels like there's an earthquake going on or something!!

At this point I'm thinking of sticking to the front on Ghostrider unless someone (even) more hardcore than me forces me into the back. Though the front of the back car also seemed better than the very back in 2010.

It seems like a perfect candidate for the Topper Track Treatment.

I'm finally sold on Topper Track after riding the disaster that is Georgia Cyclone, which I wish already had the full treatment. Here's hoping it finds its way onto other deserving coasters like Ghostrider.