TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^Did you happen to notice Griffon's Immelmann causing traffic issues? Or ShieKra dissecting the Calico Mine Ride?

Just...no...

ShieKra and Griffon take up massive plots of land. Even if that is to scale, that would require the entire back half of the park to be inaccessible for quite a while in the winter.

I'd have say that it can be executed given the space though itd be an extremely tight fit. Notice how both dive machines have an extended portion to the right or left. If they think of a custom design im sure they can make it so that it mainly goes in one direction then performs a dive loop and travels in the other and maybe throw in a zero G roll. can be possible.

This really might not be that bad of an idea. It might have to be a 6 across one and not 10 like the US ones, but a compact one could probably work.

Heck, they could even use the already existing splash pool

If they used the same station location as PP but elevated, cross the lift hill over the drop just like PP then have the drop and spash in the same spots, add the Immelmann and a helix or something and there you go.

Edited by SLUSHIE

I have always thought that they might want to consider taking out Perilous Plunge and Boomerang and then putting a Dive Machine in the space freed up, but I don't see that happening here. I honestly believe that what will happen is that the location freed up by the exodus of Perilous Plunge will be utilized for the station, transfer, final brakes and queue for the hyper/mega/giga that has been long rumored. KBF was my home park for years and I kept hearing a ton of rumors about a huge hyper coaster from B&M as far back as 2006-2008. When they were gearing up for Pony Express I thought that was a part of it, and there was a ton of talk of Bigfoot Rapids leaving to make room for it or being built over for it.

Although I too have heard rumors of both Intamin and B&M, I have heard more concerning it being a B&M along the lines of Leviathan. While I don't know how it all figures out or the exact situation, from what I have heard here and there allegewdy Gatekeeper, Leviathan and the big new coaster that has long been rumored are all related/tied together in some way, and that a large hyper/giga coaster from B&M has been slated to go into KBF for quite some time but something related to another Cedar Fair B&M installation or investment caused it to be postponed/delayed or reallocated to another park/location. Again, nothing definite, but I have heard the same rumors of that come up on multiple occasions in several places. Or, it could be nothing; hearsay and rumors are just that until there is solid, concrete evidence (or some poor developer accidentally lets the site leak before the announcement.)

It will be really interesting to see what the announcement is and if it will be as "epic" as the old rumors seemed to indicate (station where PP was, lift going up towards the backstage and over the Western Entrance and some kind of turnaround up near GhostRider and spread out all over the backstage and the part of the park). If it does end up being B&M I would not be surprised but it could be something like I-305 as well. But I think that regardless of the manufacturer, this is the beginning states of the big new coaster at KBF many have been hoping for-although to fully believe it, after all of the times I have heard it, I would need to see it.

If they go the B&M Route I'd expect it to either be a Krake type Dive Machine or an X-Flight style Wing Rider. Like others have said, it has to compete against whatever SFMM is planning and I'm not sure a B&M Hyper would really do that as Magic already has a 250' tall hyper.

All that being said, my money's still on them bringing Leviathan back!

Like others have said, it has to compete against whatever SFMM is planning and I'm not sure a B&M Hyper would really do that as Magic already has a 250' tall hyper.

Yes, however not a very good one..........

If it isn't a 340' Giga like Screamscape promised, then I will never go to Knott's again!

Not gonna lie, Screamscape kind of set the bar high... I'm sure I'll want to ride whatever they build though. Anything is better than that waste of steel that is there now.

I actually think a dive machine might be the best pick considering there are only two in the US right now and neither on the west coast. Sure the track is pretty wide as well as the cars but a good custom layout could make it work. You could also build a tunnel under the midway and then use boomerangs spot for more track. This way you wouldn't have the coaster crossing the midway which is probably more aesthetically pleasing than if it did cross the midway. Or you could have a drop into a tunnel and then take out riptide, put a turn around over there and then take it back to PP's spot leaving boomerang safe for the time being...

If they were to add something the size of Griffon (to scale):

Or maybe something along the lines of Sheikra (to scale):

So all-in-all, it seems doable (if it were to be a compact design).

I for one appreciate your time and effort into showing us that a compact dive coaster with a few modifications to Sheikra's or Griffon's layout could actually be possible given the space. Something like that could remain in one "area" of the park, and it wouldn't miniaturize the park nearly as much as a hyper/giga that would have to travel backstage along the perimeter of the park.

I think a Dive Machine would have to be pretty compact to fit in the space Perilous Plunge sits in. Here's a mock up I made using Google Earth, using the same height above the earth on each dive machine (Sheikra and Griffon) as the height above the Perilous Plunge site, so it should be to scale.

If they were to add something the size of Griffon (to scale):

Or maybe something along the lines of Sheikra (to scale):

So all-in-all, it seems doable (if it were to be a compact design).

Notice how Shiekra's water element lines up almost exactly with PP's pool....

So with a custom layout similar to Shiekra but that fits their area more, they could even keep Boomerang and I say move Riptide to the 3 point challenge area or if Screamin Swing goes put it there!

Thanks guys. I know the track layout would have to be much more condensed than the above versions, but like I said, it seems like it would be possible to do a compact dive machine in the area, and like some of you said, using the already existing pool from Perilous Plunge would be a nice bonus. I tried to do a Krake one, but Heide Park hasn't updated their satellite image in Google Earth. Either way, I think it would be possible if Knott's designed a compact version to fit in the given space.

I was hoping that PP would be replaced with a DIVERTICAL or Pilgrims Plunge type ride, but now seeing that a Dive Machine would actually fit I'd be extremely happy to see one of those as well. There needs to be a Dive Machine in So Cal already.

(Also, what's left of KOD? Is the ride still essentially inside that building?)