TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

From what I can infer from what Raffi has been saying during WCB's Q&A session, I doubt that PP's location will be "just another coaster" like all of the Cedar Fair parks have been doing; when I say "just another coaster", I'm talking about putting a Giga in that spot to eat up the entire park or an off-the-shelf compact Vekoma. I think the new management realizes that Knott's shouldn't be just another amusement park like Valleyfair or even Cedar Point, but focus more on the roots of their rich history and nostalgia. You can see that just by seeing how Haunt is shaping up for their 40th anniversary and how they are amping up the "streetmosphere".

With that said, I don't think the location will be used for a dark ride. I think they would rather save one for the KoD building and, if they want to build another one, where Screamin' Swing is. They're also not going to waste it on several flats since "new attraction" is singular. What I personally think is going there will be some sort of semi-compact family roller coaster that would be highly themed and that everyone would enjoy. I'm thinking more along the lines of either a Soap Box Derby Racers 2.0 or an indoor coaster of some sort.

I usually would support a family coaster, but Knott's already has a LOT of family coasters: Jaguar, Pony Express, & Sierra Sidewinder. I honestly think that PP will be replaced by a thrill ride as the Boardwalk is where most of the thrill rides are & the park's last big thrilling ride is Silver Bullet built in '04. It may not be a giga, but I don't think they would take out one of the park's biggest thrills and replace it with a family-friendly ride, that just doesn't sound like Cedar Fair.

I think 2013 will be big for Knott's.

Completely agree.

Personally I would love to see a large coaster added as a replacement, and I think the park could use it. My dream would be something like I305. The Screamscape rumor sounds awesome...if it could only come to pass..

Edited by brock_boehm

Okay so considering the Johnny Rocket's building is a hazard anyways, I say demo it and use it for more land! And take out Boomerang and take out the 3 point challenge and move Riptide there
Doesn't that Johnny Rockets hold the record for being the largest Johnny Rockets in the world? I wouldn't complain if they did end up tearing down though.

Okay so considering the Johnny Rocket's building is a hazard anyways, I say demo it and use it for more land! And take out Boomerang and take out the 3 point challenge and move Riptide there
Doesn't that Johnny Rockets hold the record for being the largest Johnny Rockets in the world? I wouldn't complain if they did end up tearing down though.

I guess not anymore: http://www.rmgtmagazine.com/content/worlds-largest-johnny-rockets-opens-dominican-republic

If they were to demo the KOD/Johnny Rockets bldg, they could re-open Johnny Rocket's somewhere in the park, perhaps putting it in the Marketplace.

----------

About Screamin' Swing being removed, I think it could be replaced by Scrambler to fill up the space until they'll have a better use for it. It was talked about on this thread a few pages back how it is in storage waiting to be re-assembled.

Seriously? That would be f***ing sad. It's not even big lol. vvvvv And thanks for confirming it isn't the largest (anymore?)

Screamscape seems to think the long delayed then cancelled Giga coaster is back on again.

The worst part about reading that post on Screamscape is to read the upcharge Screamin' Swing isn't pulling numbers, so it may be on the chopping block as well. Cedar Fair destroyed a nice chunk of entertainment in that spot when they took out the Haunted Shack for VertiGo, and nothing in that spot has been successful since.

I was hoping those Freefall rumors would come to fruition, but that spot may just always be dead space they can't do much with.

Haunted Shack was being eaten by Termites and unable to be renovated, since renovating it would mean having to get it up to current building codes.

Whatever goes in its place, if it's a honkin' big coaster, I wonder how they'll deal with possible noise levels. Homes and surrounding areas did hear that awful RUMBLE every five minutes.... I know that B&M has silenced some rides, but are there any silenced intamins?

Edit: Who won't miss the water? Dude, I swear that stuff's worse than any science fictional corrosive acid. Plus that stuff stank to high heaven!!!

Screamscape is reporting that the rumor is Intamin was dropped from the project in favor of B&M. If Cedar Fair is really pleased with Leviathan, it's not so far fetched, but I would take anything at this point with a grain of salt... Nothing is certain until we hear an announcement... Or until Knott's pulls a CP and leaks it on there website

I would be a little disappointed if they went with B&M instead, just because I'm dying to see something like Intimidator go to Knott's. But I'm sure whatever they're getting will be awesome. Something like Shambhala mixed with Leviathan would be great; they're due for another major coaster.

When does Knott's usually announce their new additions? They would have to announce it pretty soon...

Edited by brock_boehm

I really hope that the ride is an Aquatrax or a giga/hyper. As long as the coaster is not red or yellow and dosen't travel over the historic parts of ghost town I really don't mind this ride traveling all over the park.

Also if the ride does turn out to be a hyper/giga how long does construction usually take on these monsters?

The parks that have gigas had the luxury of doing construction while the parks were closed for the season. . If KBF is in fact getting any type of coaster, they will probably do what they did with SB. Do 1/2 the construction at night while the park is closed.

Yah I totally forgot to factor in that Knott's is a year-round park. Also do you think a giga/hyper would get approved for knott's? Something tells me a giant 300+ or 200+ (if its hyper) coaster that sticks out of the skyline multiple times with blaring colors isn't going to be such a hit with the neighbors, especially since the coaster would most likely be constructed on the edges of the park. Even Xcelerator at 205 feet is not as bad as a hyper because it has only one point at which it is very high which would be that awesome airtime filled tophat unlike a hyper which typically has plenty of big airtime hills which are all pretty visible. The problem only would get worse if the coaster turns out to be a giga.