TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I was speaking for myself. It is obvious in your infinite wisdom that you were speaking for the be all and end all of masses. You know what, your right, I bow to your undisputable coaster knowledge. Is there anything I can do in my petty existence to alleviate the pain of your chipped tooth? Will a BJ suffice? I've given them for less.

I was speaking for myself. It is obvious in your infinite wisdom that you were speaking for the be all and end all of masses. You know what, your right, I bow to your undisputable coaster knowledge. Is there anything I can do in my petty existence to alleviate the pain of your chipped tooth? Will a BJ suffice? I've given them for less.

LMAO!!! I Love this Guy

Screamscape seems to think the long delayed then cancelled Giga coaster is back on again.

The worst part about reading that post on Screamscape is to read the upcharge Screamin' Swing isn't pulling numbers, so it may be on the chopping block as well. Cedar Fair destroyed a nice chunk of entertainment in that spot when they took out the Haunted Shack for VertiGo, and nothing in that spot has been successful since.

I was hoping those Freefall rumors would come to fruition, but that spot may just always be dead space they can't do much with.

Jeez Guy - you could at least play hard to get!

There's no helping GR. Only thing that would help GR is a match.

Ghostrider circa 1999 is still my favorite wooden coaster. I think it's a great design that has been allowed to fall into its current conditition. The ride has a ton of potential however.

Screamscape seems to think the long delayed then cancelled Giga coaster is back on again.

The worst part about reading that post on Screamscape is to read the upcharge Screamin' Swing isn't pulling numbers, so it may be on the chopping block as well. Cedar Fair destroyed a nice chunk of entertainment in that spot when they took out the Haunted Shack for VertiGo, and nothing in that spot has been successful since.

I was hoping those Freefall rumors would come to fruition, but that spot may just always be dead space they can't do much with.

I know it is few and far between that I say anything in all seriousness. But in all seriousness, I would love, love, love it if Knott's rebuilt the the Mystery Shack on that same location. That would be an amazing and awesome thing.

Ghostrider in 1999 was one of the best rides in the world. Now? Not so much. There is a great coaster in that woodpile, but it would take time and money to bring it back, something that Cedar Fair has demonstrated again and again that they are not interested in investing in when it comes to wood coasters. So until the mindset changes, Ghostrider will continue to offer its spine readjustment services for any riders.

dt

From what I can infer from what Raffi has been saying during WCB's Q&A session, I doubt that PP's location will be "just another coaster" like all of the Cedar Fair parks have been doing; when I say "just another coaster", I'm talking about putting a Giga in that spot to eat up the entire park or an off-the-shelf compact Vekoma. I think the new management realizes that Knott's shouldn't be just another amusement park like Valleyfair or even Cedar Point, but focus more on the roots of their rich history and nostalgia. You can see that just by seeing how Haunt is shaping up for their 40th anniversary and how they are amping up the "streetmosphere".

With that said, I don't think the location will be used for a dark ride. I think they would rather save one for the KoD building and, if they want to build another one, where Screamin' Swing is. They're also not going to waste it on several flats since "new attraction" is singular. What I personally think is going there will be some sort of semi-compact family roller coaster that would be highly themed and that everyone would enjoy. I'm thinking more along the lines of either a Soap Box Derby Racers 2.0 or an indoor coaster of some sort.

^ I'm sorry but in who's world is a giga "just another coaster"? Not in mine. That would be like the investment of the century for a park like Knotts. It would do for Knotts what Millennium Force did for Cedar Point.

It may or may not happen, and I agree that a family ride makes more sense for the park's main demo. But no way is a 300ft monster ride just another coaster.

From what I can infer from what Raffi has been saying during WCB's Q&A session, I doubt that PP's location will be "just another coaster" like all of the Cedar Fair parks have been doing; when I say "just another coaster", I'm talking about putting a Giga in that spot to eat up the entire park or an off-the-shelf compact Vekoma. I think the new management realizes that Knott's shouldn't be just another amusement park like Valleyfair or even Cedar Point, but focus more on the roots of their rich history and nostalgia. You can see that just by seeing how Haunt is shaping up for their 40th anniversary and how they are amping up the "streetmosphere".

With that said, I don't think the location will be used for a dark ride. I think they would rather save one for the KoD building and, if they want to build another one, where Screamin' Swing is. They're also not going to waste it on several flats since "new attraction" is singular. What I personally think is going there will be some sort of semi-compact family roller coaster that would be highly themed and that everyone would enjoy. I'm thinking more along the lines of either a Soap Box Derby Racers 2.0 or an indoor coaster of some sort.

I usually would support a family coaster, but Knott's already has a LOT of family coasters: Jaguar, Pony Express, & Sierra Sidewinder. I honestly think that PP will be replaced by a thrill ride as the Boardwalk is where most of the thrill rides are & the park's last big thrilling ride is Silver Bullet built in '04. It may not be a giga, but I don't think they would take out one of the park's biggest thrills and replace it with a family-friendly ride, that just doesn't sound like Cedar Fair.

I think 2013 will be big for Knott's.