TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ The park didn't add anything this year, I can't imagine this is for 2014. Boomerang would probably take a bit longer to remove than PP due to it's location in the park. PP is right against Western, shouldn't be hard to remove at all.

I could see them go for a 2014 date. I doubt they want add something new when Universal opens their new Wizzarding World and Disneyland opens a new E-Ticket.

Wizarding World won't be opening in 2014. I don't think DL's E-Ticket will be either.

By that rationale they should have built something this year with DL's major expansion and Transformers. Yet they held off and are having a great summer.

I think this will be for 2013 and the only park they'll be competing with is SFMM.

I really hope it's a removal for something big, the park has been doing a great job upping the quality and quanity of their family attractions like fixing up Ghost Town, adding family coasters (Pony and Sierra) and just generally cleaning everything up. But I think it's about time to go big. I mean, the last major thrill ride was Silver Bullet.

As to what it is, I won't even speculate. But parks are definitely embracing rides with smaller footprints but high thrill levels, it's just what the park needs.

“Perilous Plunge has carried thousands of visitors over its 12 year tenure at Knott’s,” said Raffi Kaprelyan, general manager of Knott’s Berry Farm, “so we wanted to invite guests out to give it a proper send off.”

Does anyone think the "thousands of visitors" line is Knott's being a little snarky (considering how bad the capacity was)? I hope so.

I've never got on Perilous Plunge but maybe I'll make an effort to ride it before it goes out for good. By the way do you really get soaked on the ride or just standing on the bridge?

Haven't ridden PP in a LONG time but I do remember getting off the ride absolutely soaked, like ruin your shoes soaked. I could be wrong because it has been so long though.

Yay, it's leaving! Perilous Plunge was nice for the steep drop when it first opened, but Xcelerator has since made it somewhat redundant in that regard. Because of its low capacity and extra-drenching qualities, I don't think I've even ridden it since it got the new boats (of course, it's supposedly been better in both respects since they got the new boats), so I don't mind it leaving at all. It's also just kind of ugly and takes up a lot of room for what it is. I'm glad they're freeing up space for something new (Intamin giga?).

I also read the "thousands of visitors" line as basically saying "yeah, it was low capacity and nobody really liked it"

Edited by Xcoaster

“Perilous Plunge has carried thousands of visitors over its 12 year tenure at Knott’s,” said Raffi Kaprelyan, general manager of Knott’s Berry Farm, “so we wanted to invite guests out to give it a proper send off.”

Does anyone think the "thousands of visitors" line is Knott's being a little snarky (considering how bad the capacity was)? I hope so.

I seriously think it could be Raffi. Just how the banjo music in Ghost Town featuring the pop music was probably a big eff you to those of us who didn't care for the pop music they were playing.

Personally I just had to laugh when I heard the Banjo stuff. It was brilliant.

BREAKING NEWS: Perilous Plunge closing 9/3/2012 (click here)

Source: MiceChat.com

Rocky Mountain treatment.

Please let PP removal make way for something like Skyrush please for the love of GOD!!! let it be, let it be

I'd definitely like to see an intamin hyper/giga. It'd be interesting to see intamin do an out and back style version of the new generation gigas/hypers, considering I305 and Skyrush have been more spaghetti bowl/twister oriented.

I made a layout of what the KBF giga could be:

1017602949_knottsgigalayoutv2.png.c1e52045031f8b129852c99ea4d28cff.png

The green part is the lift hill, the second hill and MCBR would be going over the backstage area, and a hammerhead over GhostRider. The brakes being yellow and blue would be the station.