TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Knotts is investing heavilly in fixing their food offerings, small park general improvements (planters, cleaning up the pavement and fixing bad lighting) as well as doing some much needed repairs on the staples of the log ride and calico mine train. This is in addition to the new busses and shuttle service from the Anaheim Resort area hotels. I really think Knotts is working more on its keeping its locals happy right now with expanded food offerings (the new burger at coasters is awesome!). Not to mention we might get some 'we are putting topper track and new trains on ghostrider' annoucements at the end of the busy season.

Yes, if the park is doing well without a major ride addition, it's probably a good idea to focus on improving infrastructure and existing attractions. I'm glad to see them giving the park some more TLC.

I'm all for that. Just one request though. Do something about Ghost Rider!

It would require this.

The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!

Hmmmmm....absolutely no buzz coming out of Knotts. I guess they're going to sit out another year?

Or at least for Summer 2013.

But I doubt that we will see anything new next year at Knott's.

I guess Cedar Fair is happy with allowing Knott's to stay a cash cow for the chain without investing any money into the park.

The Park is doing well in attendacne, Brings in lots of bacon. All this without huge capital investments, seems to be good buisness. Milk the cow why it's still full, so then you can throw down tons of cash on the next new attraction. I prefer this method.

Knotts is investing heavilly in fixing their food offerings, small park general improvements (planters, cleaning up the pavement and fixing bad lighting) as well as doing some much needed repairs on the staples of the log ride and calico mine train. This is in addition to the new busses and shuttle service from the Anaheim Resort area hotels. I really think Knotts is working more on its keeping its locals happy right now with expanded food offerings (the new burger at coasters is awesome!). Not to mention we might get some 'we are putting topper track and new trains on ghostrider' annoucements at the end of the busy season.

Very true my good sir. Knott's took this year off to make the park sparkly, and if they did that and some GhostRider work, I would consider it a vert successful year. Realize how Knott's does stuff like this and look at how it directly correlates into having more attendance each year than SFMM.....

Well from all of y'all giving me hope I now believe this giga I have wanted could happen if Knott's wants to put in the effort

Even if we do sit this year out from a coaster addition.... after my last visit to SFMM I am really beginning to see how much the quality of a park matters rather than the quantity of coasters.

Knott's infrastructure was horribly out of date to begin with. I'd say that these changes were born somewhat out of necessity. But as others have said, usually a huge investment in infrastructure is a precursor to something bigger.

^That makes sense to me. I remember thinking this when DCA was being built: "Why does Disney want to build a 'California-themed' park when Knott's is just down the road?"

They are feeling pressure from Carsland. They're feeling it at their own turnstiles. Many visitors to the Disneyland resort will choose to add on a couple other area attractions to their vacation package. With Knott's being so close, it's a popular choice. Remember, the three most important things in real estate: Location, location, and location.

From that MiceChat article:

If you are a huge fan of the Perilous Plunge water ride at Knott's Berry Farm, you'd better head over there. Knott's will be closing the attraction on September 3rd to make way for a brand new attraction that will be announced shortly.

Will it be a... giga?

Anyways, I'm surpised Knott's is getting a new attraction and I'm excited to see what it will be.