TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^Kill them! Kill them! Kill thm with fire!!!

Those old Arrow trains made my single ride on Boomerang a big mistake.

How about if they got Carolina-Cobra like trains?

That would be an improvement as those Arrow cars are only suitable on straight track like a lift or brakerun LOL!!

The only thing exciting about Perilous Plunge, IMO, is when your just about to drop and you see straight down into the water below... Other then that, the drop itself is not very thrilling and the ride takes about 5 minutes to get back into the station.

^Kill them! Kill them! Kill thm with fire!!!

Those old Arrow trains made my single ride on Boomerang a big mistake.

How about if they got Carolina-Cobra like trains?

Having ridden both the Carolina Cobra and Sidewinder at Hershey Park, I found the experience to be significantly improved, but still on the rough side.

Perilous Plunge is very unique, but it has been a major maintenance headache ever since it was built. I would not be surprised if they eventually gave it the ax.

Perilous Plunge sucks. You get one little drop.... big whoop. You can get the same vertical drop on Xcelerator, but with no OTSRs!

The park also wouldn't need to make up for the lost water ride, let's not forget they have Timber Mountain AND Bigfoot Rapids...

I could definitely part with Boomerang and PP for something like Maverick. I would love the park get something with an awesome drop, but they simply don't have the room.

Perilous Plunge sucks. You get one little drop.... big whoop. You can get the same vertical drop on Xcelerator, but with no OTSRs!

The park also wouldn't need to make up for the lost water ride, let's not forget they have Timber Mountain AND Bigfoot Rapids...

I could definitely part with Boomerang and PP for something like Maverick. I would love the park get something with an awesome drop, but they simply don't have the room.

Not to mention that the capacity would give a Fuji Q ride a run for its money.

Usually, it runs one boat. As a result, in the same day, I once waited 10 minutes for Xcelerator and an hour for this SOB. I have never seen a boat ride take so long to dispatch. If they tear it down, I wouldn't miss it.

Obligatory shot of Gröna Lund every time someone brings up the issue of space in a theme park.

Beautiful. People will never get it, though, that if a park wants something, they can make it happen. There might only be one manufacturer willing to work with them for years on such a difficult feat, but it'll happen if that's where they want to throw their money.

Not to mention that the capacity would give a Fuji Q ride a run for its money.

Usually, it runs one boat. As a result, in the same day, I once waited 10 minutes for Xcelerator and an hour for this SOB. I have never seen a boat ride take so long to dispatch. If they tear it down, I wouldn't miss it.

It's stupid too because Tidal Wave at SFMM had two boats when I visited yesterday. I know it's not the same ride but they're similar.

Obligatory shot of Gröna Lund every time someone brings up the issue of space in a theme park.

Does Sweden have earth quake standards?

Those would be some pretty incompetent engineers if they couldn't figure out how to cram the rides in... no matter what kind of precautions they need to take.

True. I'm just skeptical to believe they could jam a giga coaster into Knott's. I mean maybe if they could use some of the storage area and definitely if they demo'd the KOD building. With Boomerang and PP gone there is no question of a Blitz coaster.

Also Knott's is surrounded by residential which is a problem because of noise.

^ Not sure adding a Giga is gonna substantially increase the noise level the park already produces. And trust me, with a little imagination on the developers part, Knott's can find room for a Giga. Just look at Rip Ride Rocket at Universal... I think they did a good job of fitting a coaster someplace most people before might have thought a little unorthodox.

Hmmmmm....absolutely no buzz coming out of Knotts. I guess they're going to sit out another year?

Or at least for Summer 2013.

But I doubt that we will see anything new next year at Knott's.

I guess Cedar Fair is happy with allowing Knott's to stay a cash cow for the chain without investing any money into the park.

Edited by Top Thrill Dragster