TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Is Ghostrider running any better since the refurb? A man can dream...

Its funny you say that. I just got back from the TRP trip to Canada's Wonderland, and I have to say that Ghost Rider is glass smooth compared the the crap wooden coasters there. There is no doubt that Ghost ride could be smoother, it was once. But they do take good care of the ride considering the other woodies I've ridden that are barely maintained at all.

Is Ghostrider running any better since the refurb? A man can dream...

Its funny you say that. I just got back from the TRP trip to Canada's Wonderland, and I have to say that Ghost Rider is glass smooth compared the the crap wooden coasters there. There is no doubt that Ghost ride could be smoother, it was once. But they do take good care of the ride considering the other woodies I've ridden that are barely maintained at all.

You can tell GhostRider's problem isn't in the track, on the ride it's not big bumps like on oh let's say Colossus, it's a constant small shaking. I feel like if they got new cars on that thing it would be a TON better! It's already a really fun wood coaster, the bumpiness it has is just annoying, not even painful.

Getting close to Haunt time! So what are all the rumors at Knott's right now.

So far I have heard that they are thinking of removing Perilous Plunge and they may add a dark ride to the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building.

Have any of y'all heard anymore?

I feel like those plans for the giga might have been true but were probably denied with the introduction of Matt Ouimet. We'll see if knott's does anything this season, but my gut tells me it will be more family oriented.

Getting close to Haunt time! So what are all the rumors at Knott's right now.

So far I have heard that they are thinking of removing Perilous Plunge and they may add a dark ride to the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building.

Have any of y'all heard anymore?

I feel like those plans for the giga might have been true but were probably denied with the introduction of Matt Ouimet. We'll see if knott's does anything this season, but my gut tells me it will be more family oriented.

Yeah, that's just what I heard about the giga, and those were like borderline rumors, I think more speculation. I agree with you on that one because either way you cut it, even adding a mega coaster would cost the farm a lot of money.

While like you said about family oriented rides, the dark ride already has a building, so now it's just building a simple track design, themes, etc. Plus I've heard that Knott's was looking into dark ride manufacturers and that was a little more reliable than a rumor...

I assume you're referring to the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs ride building. At WCB 2010, during the Q&A, we were told that the building was in pretty bad shape (as in, it's not safe enough to take anybody inside). I imagine they'd have to gut it and start over.

Edited by cfc

I think there's been rumors of a new dark ride since the day after the closed KOD.

I think this sort of speculation is required five or six times a year by the state constitution.

To me it sounded like adding a darkride to that building is very unlikely unless they basically raze the whole thing. Maybe Knott's could call up Rolly Crump to do a new version of Knott's Berry Tales.

I would like to see the park get a new attraction of some kind next year. While I am still hesitant to trust all these supposed Giga Rumors, it would be a pretty big deal if the park got one. I personally am unsure whether I would like to see one in the park after what happened with SilverBullet...I don't want to see another area of the park get majorly altered and loose it's charm just for the latest and greatest.

It all depends on what the park and their manager are looking for/what the demographic is that they are focusing on attracting.

I think a giga coaster would be completely inappropriate for that park; hell, I think Silver Bullet was a bad choice for Knott's. A new dark ride, especially some sort of "Wild West" shooter, would be perfect. But that's just my personal preference.

The "charm" of Knotts is long gone and never comming back.

This comming December will mark the 8th year since Knott's last major addition. That's an awfully long time for Cedar Fairs most attended park to go without a major addition.

Well, define major...

While they aren't huge, Sierra Sidewinder and Pony Express are both coasters added since 04. I think I would consider a coaster to be a major addition. That would make it 3-4 years since they invested in a new coaster.

Knott's still has a lot of charm left, especially in Ghost Town. Sure, some of it is gone now, but there's still plenty left to enjoy.

I think a giga coaster would be completely inappropriate for that park; hell, I think Silver Bullet was a bad choice for Knott's. A new dark ride, especially some sort of "Wild West" shooter, would be perfect. But that's just my personal preference.

I remember looking at pictures of the park before Silver Bullet went in... It really did have a rather jarring impact one the whole feel of everything. I also agree that a Wild West shooting darkride could be loads of fun.

After riding Verbolten over the weekend I think this is exactly the kind of ride the park needs. I'd even say to rip out Pony Express and have the show building be backstage behind Bigfoot Rapids. That ride is thrilling, has great themeing and would be a great thing for that park.

Of course, I wouldn't complain if they got something similar to I305 either.

As for the "Charm" of Knott's, they are bringing it back. Whether or not this new approach of beautifying the park pays off in the end, only time will tell. But all indications are that the park is enjoying a very nice summer attendance wise despite not really adding anything new this year.

^I agree that Knott's has made moves in the right direction--at least that was my impression at WCB two years ago. Something like Verbolten would be a great fit for Knott's, too.

Carsland and the rest of the DCA overhaul had to have helped Knott's as well this season. I hope they can see their way clear to invest in a substantial dark ride. If getting rid of Pony Express is part of the deal, so much the better.

Ok I know the building needs to be scrapped guys, I was just stating what I heard. And let's be honest, I think it would be a lot easier for the park to build a dark ride than a new giga. Even a mega coaster would be hard to fit into Knott's. And don't get me wrong, I would even love an I305 at my favorite park!