TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the reason, too. A huge line for such a low-capacity ride would generate even more complaints.

Edited by cfc

I also went to the park on Sunday and noticed that on one of the towers for supreme scream they had those "water dummies" on them. Ghostrider was extremely rough and every ride was running one train except for Ghostrider and Pony Express. Windseeker and Riptide were down. I saw two tpr members there with WCB shirts.

I had my first-ever visit to KBF this past Sunday (April 22). Crowds were pretty light and I had done every coaster by about 2, despite them doing single-train operations for most of the rides.

I had heard Ghostrider was rough but it truthfully wasn't as bad as I expected. My girlfriend and her large boobs respectfully disagreed, however. Perhaps years of riding Rattler and the old Texas Giant have shifted my view of what's "rough"?

I wasn't expecting Xcelerator's launch to be as strong as it was, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Silver Bullet was nice and smooth. Some unique elements for a B&M invert.

Jaguar was goofy and rampy. Same with Pony Express (I kept waiting for anal probe to be inserted).

Boomerang was painful - I was hopeful they had Vekoma trains but they looked like the old Arrow ones. Am I correct?

Montezuma's Revenge was a lot of fun. Last Schwarzkopf launched I had the pleasure of riding was Greezed Lightning at SFAW.

Sierra Sidewinder was also enjoyable and a bit more intense than I was expecting as well.

I got on the mine train ride not knowing what to expect (especially given the cars). Wow, that parks knows how to do theming (even back in the 60s apparently). Same with their log ride - very impressive.

By far the longest line I waited in was for the fried chicken place outside the park, which was delicious and made me feel absolutely miserable for the drive home. Overall I really enjoyed KBF!

I also went to the park on Sunday and noticed that on one of the towers for supreme scream they had those "water dummies" on them. Ghostrider was extremely rough and every ride was running one train except for Ghostrider and Pony Express. Windseeker and Riptide were down. I saw two tpr members there with WCB shirts.

That would be my father and I... Although he's not a TPR member. Yeah, it didn't seem that part of Supreme Scream would be open any time soon. It look like that had taken off the seat wraps also.

I was planning on heading out to the park on May 8th which is on a Tuesday and ive never been on a normal weekday. Would it be more crowded than a Sunday?

Sundays should be much more crowded than Tuesdays.

^^School is still in session so you'll run through the park in 3, maybe 4 hours, max! You can pretty much guarantee all coasters will have 1 train. Even with that said, you'll have no waits still except the occasional 2 or 3 train wait for a front seat.

Knotts is making some sort of announcement on May 11th for Pass Holders. Knotts Facebook Page

Calling all Season Pass Holders! We've got an exciting announcement to make on May 11… Like our Knott's Berry Farm Season Pass Holders page to be the first to know!

KBF Season Pass Facebook Page

Im taking bets: Who thinks it will be-

A- A Mega Coaster

B- A Summer Announcement

C- Aqua Trax

D- They found Hitler

E- AP Event

Place your bets!

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

My guess is it's probably a pass holder appreciation day or something where they will open the park early or let pass holders ride the rides after the park is closed to the public.

Knotts is making some sort of announcement on May 11th for Pass Holders. Knotts Facebook Page

Calling all Season Pass Holders! We've got an exciting announcement to make on May 11… Like our Knott's Berry Farm Season Pass Holders page to be the first to know!

A- A Mega Coaster

B- A Summer Announcement

C- Aqua Trax

D- They found Hitler

E- AP Event

Place your bets!

They found Hitler, who happens to have the plans to the Aquatrax?

Edited by cfc

A- A Mega Coaster

B- A Summer Announcement

C- Aqua Trax

D- They found Hitler

E- AP Event

Place your bets!

They're finally dumping Perilous Plunge, and have bought OlympiaLooping to replace it.

(Hey, I can fantasize, can't I?)

They are going to do us a favor and set Mean Streak on fire...using the flame from the fire on ghostrider.

I had heard Ghostrider was rough but it truthfully wasn't as bad as I expected. My girlfriend and her large boobs respectfully disagreed, however.

Um...Photos?!?!

A- A Mega Coaster

B- A Summer Announcement

C- Aqua Trax

D- They found Hitler

E- AP Event

Place your bets!

What I really want: Intamin Mega or Giga Coaster

What would be nice: Massive GhostRider re-tracking, Boomerang removed for another attraction, Supreme Scream shot tower, Pony Express extended .